PDA

View Full Version : Holden New 4 cyl plan at Melboure?

Cheetahs
16th November 2006, 12:26 PM
Just heard news New 4 cyl plan at Melboure, which model will make in this new production line?

InsaneAsylum
16th November 2006, 12:42 PM
i dunno 4cyl commodore maybe? :D hahahaha

dustbug
16th November 2006, 01:13 PM
i hear they are sacking 200 employees due to lack of sales of 4 cyclinders in the export market.

Cheetahs
16th November 2006, 01:15 PM
mate, possible euro sourse car make in australia ? like astra,vectra or tigra

windy
16th November 2006, 01:16 PM
i hear they are sacking 200 employees due to lack of sales of 4 cyclinders in the export market.

Correct. Unsure what the first post is about!??

InsaneAsylum
16th November 2006, 01:27 PM
mate, possible euro sourse car make in australia ? like astra,vectra or tigra

are you sure it was "holden plant" and not "daewoo plant"....

EL BURITO
16th November 2006, 01:57 PM
wat do HOlden make in oz with a 4cyl to export ????

MatsHolden
16th November 2006, 02:52 PM
Holden don't export any 4 Cylinder vehicles... only the Family 2 GM 4 Cylinder engine manufactured at the Fishermans Bend plant in Melbourne, to other GM manufacturers such as GMDAT. Have done so for years. The reason for them cutting 200 workers at the plant is due to demand for the 4 cylinder motor in Asia falling.

Cheetahs
16th November 2006, 03:26 PM
so holden will contiune to make the big car and import the korea car... will astra can carry on longer and tigra will gone because poor sales??? and import the korea car .. ?

MatsHolden
16th November 2006, 03:36 PM
so holden will contiune to make the big car and import the korea car... will astra can carry on longer and tigra will gone because poor sales??? and import the korea car .. ?

Holden will obviously continue to build the Commodore. And they will continue to bring in the GMDAT vehicles such as the new Barina, Viva, Captiva and Epica. And continue to bring in the Opel sourced Astra's and Tigra. This reduction in Family 2 4 Cylinder engines has NO impact on Holden's range.

Cheetahs
16th November 2006, 03:46 PM
mate, australia car market need alot big commordae or export market need it more.. the fuel price go, local australian need that big car or they love the golden lion too much and leave the fuel issue behind .. what a feeling, love holden... thats top man ...
good bye opel... .

xplosv57
16th November 2006, 05:30 PM
mate, australia car market need alot big commordae or export market need it more.. the fuel price go, local australian need that big car or they love the golden lion too much and leave the fuel issue behind .. what a feeling, love holden... thats top man ...
good bye opel... .

HUH say what now????

Cheetahs
16th November 2006, 05:46 PM
mate,I said that because I feel disap holden.. import korea car, poor market .. and not consider customer feeling .. sad ..

Red AH SRI T
17th November 2006, 08:18 AM
i say this again, Holden is a business, they aren't going to keep importing certain Opel models at a loss just so they don't hurt a few peoples feelings.

cyclonic
18th November 2006, 11:30 PM
"i say this again, Holden is a business, they aren't going to keep importing certain Opel models at a loss just so they don't hurt a few peoples feelings."

Exactly. As much as I hate some of the Korean stuff (ie the new Barina) Holden made hard decisions and chose to try and stay profitable. GMDAT will come good, and they've got Aussie designers in there refining things.

bill142
19th November 2006, 08:29 AM
mate,I said that because I feel disap holden.. import korea car, poor market .. and not consider customer feeling .. sad ..

Get a grip. There is nothing wrong with cars built in Korea, as long as they are built well. The New GMDAT range are probably designed and built to higher standards then the previos Daewoo designed cars. Using the Holden brand will remove the stigma associated with them, as the vast majority of consumers won't know that the cars a built in Korea.

I agree with Blackie, Holden are a business and they are going to make decisions to remain profitable. People just don't understand this.