PDA

View Full Version : Protection Paint!

kz_11
14th November 2006, 12:51 AM
HI, this is my first post...nice to meet u all

here is my little question :

I was required a Protection Paint(crystal glaze) on my New AstraH when I bought it 2yrs before. And there is warrantly.
Anyone here have the protection paint ?? I really want to know how long does it last n wht's the warrantly actually for. Because it is asked to have an paint inspection in every yr.

mm..one more extra question abt detailling, I m wondering will the ClayBar remove the paint???

thx you very much for the help!

Amazer
14th November 2006, 08:29 PM
there is so many different brands of paint protection

we sell it at work

I can't speak from using it personally

Rob

Ginge
14th November 2006, 08:44 PM
as a spray painter there is no need for paint protection. that and it gives us the ****s. should have a lifetime warrenty on it. i wouldnt use claybar on it either. its a coating that tends to stay oh so slightly soft. just a fine polish should do it. or go and ask where u had it done.

digifish
14th November 2006, 08:50 PM
as a spray painter there is no need for paint protection. that and it gives us the ****s. should have a lifetime warrenty on it. i wouldnt use claybar on it either. its a coating that tends to stay oh so slightly soft. just a fine polish should do it. or go and ask where u had it done.

I'm learning...so it's a lacquer/varnish like coating over the original paint/clear-coat.

I assume you can take it off with a solvent?

digifish

kz_11
15th November 2006, 05:33 AM
mm..actually i m not tryin to remove them but i m afraid that i will remove them if i use a claybar...lol

anyway, thx for the advises, i will juz polish rather than clay it...

Petey
15th November 2006, 10:36 PM
i believe "paint protection" is simply a polymer sealant (ie. synthetic wax - man made).

just like any wax/sealant it will deteriorate and fade in our harsh climate.

clay will remove whatever is left on there & polishing will remove it all...

it is not a varnish or lacquer. the clear coat does that job.

if you polish the car - make sure you put a coat or two of wax / sealant on the car to protect it over summer... many good brands on the market...