PDA

View Full Version : Bucket seats??

barinaboy
14th November 2006, 12:40 AM
I was thinkin of buyin sum buckets seats for my c...
Does anyone know if i can just bolt the seats onto my existing rails? I dont really want to buy sum if its gonna be 2 much hastle 2 put em in...

EL BURITO
14th November 2006, 04:07 AM
it will be a hastle. some one over east put buckets in a few year back. sorry cant remeber who but u need to get the rails custom made.

oneightoo
14th November 2006, 12:00 PM
you'll have to modify your rails, which means your better off taking it to eiter a performance shop or a welder who knows what he's doing..

i have them in mine, cost me $80 per seat and a day to get done.. not a hassle at all, just make sure you know for sure that the seats will fit in the car..

ultim8DTM5
14th November 2006, 12:25 PM
You forget the airbag sensors are beneath your factory seats and wired sensors into them.

Airbags "trigger" only when their is an impact on the external sensor and provided there is a weight in the seat. This also controls the active head restraint on the standard seat.

Wraith
14th November 2006, 01:30 PM
Yes correct, if you have airbags, then this is probably a 'no go' area.

There are sensors also built into your seat belt buckles attached onto the front seat assembly that you would have to address, otherwise they won't work properly or at all - Insurance will come down on you in case of an accident.

Best to find out from people who know what it's all about - I'm sure you could get around it somehow :)

EL BURITO
14th November 2006, 02:00 PM
It gets done heaps in the UK, have a serch on www.corsa-c.co.uk

oneightoo
14th November 2006, 02:51 PM
i have air bags in my car, theres ways around it..

barinaboy
14th November 2006, 05:01 PM
i will have 2 do sum searchin then 2 find out more..i dont wanna screw up anythin with my airbags

ultim8DTM5
14th November 2006, 05:50 PM
I'm sure there are ways around it, like Allan who used duct dape to stop the flashing airbag light after he replaced the seats in his Barina XC SRi

EL BURITO
14th November 2006, 05:54 PM
I'm sure there are ways around it, like Allan who used duct dape to stop the flashing airbag light after he replaced the seats in his Barina XC SRi
dose that mean the air bags still work thou ?

oneightoo
14th November 2006, 05:56 PM
lol thats pretty funny actually..

low astra
14th November 2006, 05:58 PM
well if it stopde the light it stoped the light hah race seats would be cool, to east to fall out of stoko sxi ones

ultim8DTM5
14th November 2006, 07:37 PM
dose that mean the air bags still work thou ?

To be honest I wouldn't want to find out.

EL BURITO
14th November 2006, 07:54 PM
To be honest I wouldn't want to find out.
fair anouth