PDA

View Full Version : Caught Speeding

Mrhopey
13th November 2006, 01:35 PM
I recently got caught doing 40km's over the speed limit (yeah i know stupid) Does anybody know if this is an immediate suspension of your licence? Keep in mind i had all of my points at the time of the offence. Thanks

Wraith
13th November 2006, 01:38 PM
What age are you ?

If your on P's yes automatic suspension if over 40km/h. :o

With new Vic laws, your car would also be impounded for 2-3 days with a $400+ recovery fee....ouch !

Over that you'll be hit with a $387 fine and 6 demerit points.........double ouch !!

Best of luck.....:rolleyes:

Misguidedangel
13th November 2006, 01:45 PM
nah... unless they took your license off you at the time of the fine... you will have your license till you pay the fine

oneightoo
13th November 2006, 01:51 PM
not always em, it's up to the copper if you get an on the spot suspension, the rta would send you a letter.. you will definatley get a 3 month suspension.. expect your letter in the mail in the month..

SRi_Jimbo
13th November 2006, 02:32 PM
oneightoo is right...as soon as you receive the fine in the mail you will cop a fine of about 500 odd bucks and a 3 month suspension as soon as you pay the fine...these days they don't give you all that long to pay up either!!

I have been in this boat before mate, i know how it feels!!

oneightoo
13th November 2006, 02:36 PM
lol same here jimbo.. i lost mine over the xmas months a couple of years ago.. not fun..

Misguidedangel
13th November 2006, 02:43 PM
not always em, it's up to the copper if you get an on the spot suspension, the rta would send you a letter.. you will definatley get a 3 month suspension.. expect your letter in the mail in the month..

Thats what I said... :rolleyes:

unless they took your license off you at the time of the fine

blargh!

oneightoo
13th November 2006, 02:48 PM
lol silly emily :p

Mrhopey
13th November 2006, 02:49 PM
The cop mentioned that it was $560 fine and 4 points off my licence. FYI: i'm 32 in NSW with a clean record until now and got done doing 102kph in a 60 zone around 10am on Saturday morning.

Looks like we play the waiting game.
Thanks

oneightoo
13th November 2006, 02:52 PM
and he didnt tell you that you were getting suspended? what does your ticket say? anything about a suspension?

my fine was $680, 4 points and a 3 month holiday..

Mr T
13th November 2006, 02:59 PM
In NSW, Exceed limit by:
"not more than 15" = 3pts
"more than 15, not more than 30" = 3pts*
"more than 30, not more than 45" = 4pts and 3 months
"more that 45" = 6pts and 6 months

*Exceed 130 in 110 Zone = 4pts and 3 months

I got pinned for 100/70 (which is not >30, cause it is 30) and they want to give me a 3 month holiday...in the process of disputing it.

oneightoo
13th November 2006, 03:01 PM
the more than 45 fine is a on the spot suspension, or can be, depending on the grump level of your lovely law enforcment agent.

SSS_Hoon
13th November 2006, 03:02 PM
hahahahahaha

SSS_Hoon

blueraven
13th November 2006, 03:26 PM
join

the

club

:(

(bring on the 8th of february :( )

oneightoo
13th November 2006, 03:27 PM
what the?

did you get done too?

woody
13th November 2006, 03:35 PM
join

the

club

:(

(bring on the 8th of february :( )

Your feb too eh.. i'm the 11th....

If you recall i got busted in august exceeding the speed limit by more than 45 kmph.. which in itself is an immediate 6 month ban.
Now mine was "supposedly" exceeding the speed limit by 70 kmph (which i didn't, am fighting in the courts at present) which can be listed as Driving in manner dangerous which carries a 1 year ban. all bans of course come with complimentary points and a side salad of fines.

(wanna see the vid???)

Mr T
13th November 2006, 03:53 PM
(wanna see the vid???)

Yes Please...!!!

woody
13th November 2006, 03:56 PM
http://apps.hudson.com/woody/timdrive.mp4

right click > save as ... you know the drill...

Mr T
13th November 2006, 04:01 PM
My PC wont play MP4, and its a work comp so no downloadies of programs...

woody
13th November 2006, 04:02 PM
right gimme a min i'll try embedding it...

oneightoo
13th November 2006, 04:15 PM
hehe nice vid woody :D

woody
13th November 2006, 04:31 PM
they wouldn't give me a copy in case i sent it in to "funniest home videos" or posted it in some web forum or something... like what kinda guy do they think i am!!!

Sorry can't convert it to mpeg to embed.

oneightoo
13th November 2006, 04:50 PM
just download the latest version of divx..

woody
13th November 2006, 04:59 PM
just download the latest version of divx..

doesn't support mp4 for conversion

oneightoo
13th November 2006, 05:02 PM
eh? i played it thru divx..

??

R3N
13th November 2006, 06:09 PM
http://apps.hudson.com/woody/timdrive.mp4

right click > save as ... you know the drill...

someone had their foggies on as well! and it wasn't foggy at all... lol

should've turned off your lights and kept going woodsta, they'd think it was a ghost car

blueraven
13th November 2006, 06:28 PM
yeh i got sprung on the way home from holden. they were looking at a missfire problem under boost, and i had to wait there till 9pm for them to fix/check it out.

so on the way home..well..how else do you test to see if you still have a missfire under boost at high rpm? :D at least the copper thought he was doing me a favour and wrote it up ALOT slower than i was going(still 39kph over :(...:D ), but it still put my points up to 12.. :(

worst part? by the time i got the ban letter i was back to 9 points, by the time i hand my licence in i was on 8 !! plus there is a new law here with a 12 month good behavoir policy, all approved and passed, but the DPI havent gotten off their arses and "its not implemented yet" so i couldnt do it...its like making murder legal..so you go out and hunt down that guy who stole your bike in primary school and whack him, but they arrest you because " that law wasnt implemented yet" :@

sigh... oh well. at least i can still talk my way into track events :D

cyclonic
13th November 2006, 07:05 PM
No matter what the offence, BE NICE to the officer involved, especially if you're guilty as sin. Leave disputing the charge to the courts, otherwise being angry at the time of the charge will reflect badly on you.

An officer is more likely to throw the book at someone who is being percieved as uncoperative; if you play ball with them, they'll more than likely make things a lot easier on you.

This comes from having a cop for a father in law as well neighbors as cops.

digifish
13th November 2006, 07:29 PM
No matter what the offence, BE NICE to the officer involved, especially if you're guilty as sin. Leave disputing the charge to the courts, otherwise being angry at the time of the charge will reflect badly on you.

And tell the truth -

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=21559&vf=7

:eek:

blueraven
13th November 2006, 07:30 PM
yeh when i got pulled i told the cop "you wont believe why i was speeding" and told him the truth :)
then my stoopid girlfreind starts talking to him about the movie we had just seen..blah blah..he writes up what was supposed to be 96 in a 60 (seriously i didnt think i was anywhere near that wuick but oh well), in the end he wrote it up at 85. i treat people how they treat me, i start off polite, and it stays that way provided they treat me likewise. unfotunately if a cop gives me attitude for little/no reason..well..i get into trouble :D:D

cyclonic
13th November 2006, 10:23 PM
I was talking to my father lin law about this recently. He's a retired cop in Canada but the same principles apply. Be nice and the cops will try to be nice to you. Most of them don't want to cause grief or give it out.

Although i've got an awesome pic of me sitting in their Pontiac Firebird patrol car, complete with pump action shottie mounted in the door!

Back on top, speeding fines suck, but nine times out of ten, most speeding is avoidable anyway.

PaulyJ
13th November 2006, 11:11 PM
Well i get mine back.... again in 12 days (Nov 25).
Whatever you do... dont drive whilst suspended.
Cop it on the chin, and now do the right thing.