PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Geebs
13th November 2006, 11:02 AM
Hey ppls

I came across this site afew days ago when i was deciding what new car I should get. Last Thursday finally ended up settling on the VXR so I thought I should come back and register! Also was looking the the Mazda3 MPS, BMW 130i and VW R32, but for the latter two and after driving the VXR, couldnt justify paying an extra $20k

I got the arden blue (was a really hard decision between that and the red) and im hanging to get it. Apparently the only one they could get me was in Brissy so they are trucking it down for me. Also getting a sunroof. Hopefully will have it in a week or so! After the test drive I just didnt wanna get outta the car!

Atm I got a 2001 SRI. Im gonna miss it heaps. I got a HSR body kit on it, with red leather seats, sunroof, momo gearknob, exhaust and a pioneer system with amp and sub. Will post some photos when i get a chance.

Also got a question or rather asking for opinions, in particular those who have a VXR. Im about to order some personalised plates (blue VIC ones). For the front im gonna go the slim ones but what would look better on the back, the normal sized ones or slimline?

oneightoo
13th November 2006, 11:05 AM
welcome to the site Geebs!

sweet ride your getting man, definatley get some pics up!

CJB
13th November 2006, 11:09 AM
G'day mate and welcome :)

lowey22
13th November 2006, 11:28 AM
welcome!

I dont own a vxr, but from what i have seen of pictures i reckon the slimline would fit best, would give you space on the sides and the top and bottom (depending on the dimensions of the space for the plate). How wide is the space? it looks to be pretty wide to fit euro plates?

EL BURITO
13th November 2006, 12:21 PM
hi mate

another blue VXR 2 join within 24 hours that is a 1st

I recon go Slimline front and back, u have to remember that the licence plate spots front and back were ment to fit plates of different dimention. Just looks as good as u can get it. And Blue plates would llok sweet

Wraith
13th November 2006, 12:33 PM
Welcome and congratulations on your VXR acquisition - well done :)

I personally prefer slimlines all around - that's what I've got on all my cars.

Either way it'll look good with blue plates ;)

If I were going to get one, I would have the same thing to consider as you did, ie: which one blue or red :confused: my fav colours as well :)

Post up some pics when you finally grab a hold of it........

BTW I know how you feel and sympathise, I too had to wait once 3 and half months to take delivery of a brand new HSV R8 a few years back, damn sleepless nights, but what excitement in the end :D

Enjoy the feeling, it dosn't come by often enough if your a mad car freak like all of us :dance:

digifish
13th November 2006, 12:48 PM
...Also was looking the the Mazda3 MPS, BMW 130i and VW R32, but for the latter two and after driving the VXR, couldnt justify paying an extra $20k

Welcome, I had a similar experience with a Golf GTI and the Astra CDTi, once it was time to plonk down $$$ it was no comparison. The Astra came in 12K cheaper and just as much fun.

digifish

Geebs
13th November 2006, 01:01 PM
BTW I know how you feel and sympathise, I too had to wait once 3 and half months to take delivery of a brand new HSV R8 a few years back, damn sleepless nights, but what excitement in the end :D

Enjoy the feeling, it dosn't come by often enough if your a mad car freak like all of us :dance:

Thanks for all the welcomes! Will have to post some pics...

and lol @ the comments above, sleepless nights and the dreams have started too!! hahahahaha

and yeah, my mate was tellin me the other day, in this day and age with the way things are, it's not often you have to actually wait for something. So I guess it's a nice kinda excitement to have to wait for something you really want!

PaulyJ
13th November 2006, 11:26 PM
Mate, congratulations on the purchase!
With the plates, personally i'd go slimline all around, as wraithy mentioned.
When you pick it up, post up some photo's.
Also, register on the Vic Forums (http://vic.opelaus.com/forum/) aswell, and bring it along to our photoshoot on Jan 13.

btm
14th November 2006, 08:01 AM
so jealous!

welcome :)

Lt Ketch
14th November 2006, 08:06 AM
Welcome!

so jealous!

ditto!