PDA

View Full Version : (EOI) tuning 2.6L Veccy B

auzvectra
12th November 2006, 10:16 PM
we are currently in the research side of the tuning of the veccy B 2.6L & 2.5L, and a chasing people that will be interested in the tune.
we are basically trying to get enough people interested to spread the cost of the tuned file.
as with the astra turbo file, we will not quote power increases, as every car is different.
please post here if you would be interested in an upgrade to the stock ecu software.
thanks matt.

01. Robot warrior 2.6L Brissy
02. Vectraguy01 2.6L Brissy

Greg K
12th November 2006, 10:25 PM
would this cover 2.5ltr too??

i just had mine remaped so wont be getting this tune...

auzvectra
12th November 2006, 10:32 PM
i believe the 2.5L has a completely different ecu.

Wattie
13th November 2006, 04:08 PM
thanks but no thanks, if you need me to look at things in my car for you i'd be happy to help :D

auzvectra
13th November 2006, 05:09 PM
how bout givin us ur ecu file, just for research purposes :D.
i cant remember who has the flash module in sydney.

auzvectra
13th November 2006, 07:13 PM
ok, update.
the X25XE out of the vectra has the M2.8.1 ecu.
so it is the same line of ecu (maybe), but would have to cheack 1 out first, i see mostly 2.6L around here.

RobotWarrior
14th November 2006, 01:37 AM
Gday again Im keen on getting it done! Let us know when your ready and Ill do it! Cheers Robot

vectraguy01
15th November 2006, 09:21 PM
yer auz im in, u have been talking this up for awhile for me, totally in.

auzvectra
15th November 2006, 09:45 PM
so we need 1 more person that is ready for the tune and it's a go ahead!!!
any takers?

auzvectra
19th November 2006, 02:35 PM
ok, the tune failed on the last test before we went ahead.
we are able to read the ecu in the 2.6L, but with the current modules, we cannot flash software to the ecu.
we hope to be upgrading modules in the not too distant future, depending on which module we go for will depend on if we can flash the 2.6L or not.

vectraguy01
19th November 2006, 06:44 PM
oh well thats sucks, but i guess its better to know now, then later done the track

auzvectra
19th November 2006, 10:31 PM
we're not finished yet, tonite is reseach on the new module, price vs profit :).
this module would also do the 2.2L sri astra, and possibly the 2.2L veccy c.

auzvectra
21st November 2006, 10:52 PM
ok, so an update, looking a new more expensive module.
it will be able to do the 2.5L veccy also, and the 2.2L sri astra (own thread).
so this thread will be generating interest in the 2.5L, and the 2.6L veccy now.
if we generate the interest, then this will become a possibility, if we dont then it is just too much expense for us to take on alone.
we would like to help as many opels, and the like (that we can tune) as possible, so the more people interested the better.

Thaiger
22nd November 2006, 12:57 PM
I have a 2.5 veccy, but i have no idea what you mean by tuning the ecu?

auzvectra
22nd November 2006, 05:03 PM
basically load a better map onto the ecu. more power, better drivability ect.

Thaiger
23rd November 2006, 01:21 PM
What would the costs be and what would i need to do?

auzvectra
23rd November 2006, 06:17 PM
where abouts are you?
you need to get to 1 of us, wayne or myself (when/if we get the module).
we havent set the cost yet, but we are trying to keep it as cheap as possible for every1, but it's very hard with the price of the module ect...
unfortunately it wont be as cheap as the astra turbo was, but that was with a different module.

can every1 please state where they live and what motor they have, and year model please?

RobotWarrior
3rd December 2006, 03:20 AM
brisbane, 2.6 Vectra B

ae176
14th December 2006, 09:09 AM
hi matt was talking to wayne he said you may be able to help i have a sri t but can not remap it i got a second hand ecu but the map inside is for a barina the dealer said they can not reset that .can you help??

thanks
ae176

auzvectra
14th December 2006, 05:52 PM
the dealer is playing with them selves :).
exactly what i did, 2nd hand corsa Z12XE ecu, took it to the dealership, they reset it, reprogramed it for my car inc immobiliser, and then i flashed it before i left the dealership.
at first they said the same, then they said different.

ae176
16th December 2006, 09:19 AM
hi matt can you givae the phone no of the dealer so i can call them thanks
ae176

ae176
16th December 2006, 09:28 AM
my computer is a z10xe aiso the bolt hole for the computer are a little diff
do you think this is a problem

auzvectra
16th December 2006, 12:46 PM
not sure, urs must be the same as waynes spare ecu.
thats a bit of a worry if the bolt holes are different.
did they say that it was the same as or suitable for the Zlet?
the dealership was John Sivyer up here in qld, but they are closing down now, i think the end of december the shut.
the tech was Alistar (07) 33730346.
before you go back to holden, install the ecu into the car, then 1-see if you can read it, 2- see if you can flash it.
if you cant flash it, then once they program it, u most likely wont be able to either.
the ecu earths though it's outter case, so it needs to be mounted.

ae176
16th December 2006, 07:56 PM
yes it is waynes spare

auzvectra
17th December 2006, 12:25 AM
oh ok :), just try that, see if it can flash to it.

auzvectra
23rd January 2007, 10:35 PM
time to re-awaken this thread.
looks like this tune for the 2.5L and 2.6L veccy's is a go'er.
we (wayne and myself) have recently reaproached this topic, and it looks like it's all full steam ahead, so i guess thats good news.
prices still to be discussed, and decided.

RobotWarrior
23rd January 2007, 11:30 PM
Yippppeeee! I can't wait!

vectraguy01
24th January 2007, 09:01 PM
sounds great auz

auzvectra
30th January 2007, 09:24 PM
update:
ok the module's have arrived, so testing will begin this weekend, more then likely sunday at the qld photoshoot :).

auzvectra
26th February 2008, 05:24 PM
it was brought to my attention that this thread hasnt been updated for a while.
the tune is avaliable and is currently on 2 brissy 2.6L's with very happy drivers.
Tune cost is $600

vectraguy01
26th February 2008, 05:42 PM
yep mine works very well with it, n u would know matt as u have driven it and have seen the results, i do recommend it to anyone, its a more driveable car now.

auzvectra
26th February 2008, 10:05 PM
and holy crap urs sounds sweet opening it's lungs upto 7000rpm :D.
mind you, thats with the pod and 4 bar FPR.

HappySlapper82
26th February 2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah mine sounds freakin awesome too with a pod on it :D I have to get one of those tunes though, cause I have to hold mine in gear to hit 7 :dance:

HappySlapper82
26th February 2008, 10:43 PM
Whats your opinion on this FPR?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/UNIVERSAL-BLUE-FUEL-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-GAUGE-HOSES_W0QQitemZ110226872151QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6763 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Greg K
27th February 2008, 08:52 AM
Whats your opinion on this FPR?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/UNIVERSAL-BLUE-FUEL-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-GAUGE-HOSES_W0QQitemZ110226872151QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6763 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you dont have the room in the v6 engine bay to put that one in the original position... i think the 4.0 bar FPR is the best mod for the 2.5ltr but is not needed on the 2.6ltr as they come standard with a 3.8 bar FPR..

check out vvoc.com for the Bosch part number which you can they buy from autopro etc

vectraguy01
27th February 2008, 09:39 AM
you dont have the room in the v6 engine bay to put that one in the original position... i think the 4.0 bar FPR is the best mod for the 2.5ltr but is not needed on the 2.6ltr as they come standard with a 3.8 bar FPR..

check out vvoc.com for the Bosch part number which you can they buy from autopro etc

Greg I beg to differ on this one!
For the 2.5l go the 3.8bar and for the 2.6l go the 4bar, it has been proven by myself and matt that the 4bar works alot better in the 2.6l than the 3.8bar, it gives it more power at higher revs and allows it not to stutter at all.

The 4bar FPR is the same as the Ford XR6 Turbo they are standard with this bosch part.
I can get you the bosch part number if you want just have to check mine!
I do recommend the 4bar FPR with the 2.6l tune.

Greg K
27th February 2008, 11:03 AM
For the 2.5l go the 3.8bar and for the 2.6l go the 4bar, it has been proven by myself and matt that the 4bar works alot better in the 2.6l than the 3.8bar, it gives it more power at higher revs and allows it not to stutter at all.

The 4bar FPR is the same as the Ford XR6 Turbo they are standard with this bosch part.

i have the 4.0 FPR in my 2.5ltr and was by far the best mod i have done to the car... ie gains/cost. i havent had any troubles with stutter at high revs either. dont forget, i have also done the cams, exhaust and have a unichip..

i havent had any experience myself with the 2.6ltr, but by going on from what the users on vvoc.com say, the 3.8 FPR is the way to go for all the v6 models. prob because it is cheaper than the 4.0 FPR and available from Vauxhall.

i am interested to hear why the 3.8 FPR is better for the 2.5ltr.. may be inclined to change it over

HappySlapper82
27th February 2008, 05:34 PM

Where the hell did you get aftermarket cams from? Oh and can I please have that part number vectraguy?

Greg K
27th February 2008, 05:37 PM
cams came from the UK off a 2.6 GSI.. basically 3.0 ltr cams from their Omega over there..

HappySlapper82
27th February 2008, 08:08 PM
cams came from the UK off a 2.6 GSI.. basically 3.0 ltr cams from their Omega over there..

Thats awesome! What did that set you back? Did It make much of a difference?

auzvectra
27th February 2008, 08:48 PM
the cams make approx 10-20hp difference in the 2.6L.
the 2.6L in supposed to have 2 of the 3.0L cams in already, but better to do all 4 neway.
vectraguy beat me to it, yeah the 4 bar is the stock xr6t fpr.
before the 4 bar went into chris's the rev's started to die and you could hear it start to peak out just befopre rev limit, but with the 4 bar fpr in it screams happily all the way to 7K.

auzvectra
27th February 2008, 08:49 PM
oh and the fpr costs about $100, just under from memory.

vectraguy01
27th February 2008, 11:21 PM
the problem with the 4bar in the 2.5l is that they over fuel, they do have a 3bar standard on them the 3.8bar doesnt over fuel it as much, it might be different in urs Greg as u have got a different tune and exhaust done therefore it might not effect it as much as other 2.5l's as detailed on vvoc.com
The 2.6l does need it as mentioned by matt, he knows this car from before i had the tune up until now, he has worked on mine really as a testing platform for alot of mods that he has does to his and we both can diagnoses certain issues right away, by either listening or by how it drives.
And the 4bar is cheaper than the stock 3.8bar from the place we can get it from.

Havent had enough time to look at the part number, will check it very shortly.

Also the 4bar is alot better on the fuel than the standard 3.8bar as well.

Greg K
28th February 2008, 01:36 AM
Thats awesome! What did that set you back? Did It make much of a difference?

cams set me back around 300-400 fitted, but luckily as the cams were going in we discovered that my timing belt was worn down and close to snapping, so we changed it as well as the pulleys and water pump... so was more expensive because of it, but at least i found out about the timing belt before it failed...

they make a hell of a difference to the 2.5 in the midrange and at top end.. it pulls a lot easier and quicker. it feels a little more sluggish (only slightly) off the mark, but has no prob once at 3500 rpm.

i have heard of the 2.5s overfuelling with the 4.0 bar FPR, but as vectraguy said, it may be different for mine due to the different setup/map etc. The gains i got out of the Unichip were 17kw atw in the midrange and 11kw atw top end. Spiro at Autotech customised the map to maximise midrange kw and torque with the sacrifice of top end gains.

have you had a chance to dyno the differences vectraguy??? oh yeah and i still think the FPR is the best mod for the money you spend :)

HappySlapper82
28th February 2008, 07:51 AM
they make a hell of a difference to the 2.5 in the midrange and at top end.. it pulls a lot easier and quicker. it feels a little more sluggish (only slightly) off the mark, but has no prob once at 3500 rpm.

My 2.6 is sluggish on takeoff anyway becuase the TC system is way overkill

vectraguy01
28th February 2008, 08:25 AM
My 2.6 is sluggish on takeoff anyway becuase the TC system is way overkill

Depends how u launch it, and release the clutch, TC isnt overkill unless u have shit tyres on her and then it just spins.

Tyre choice has alot to do with TC and how it drops the power, if ur taking off in a straight line, mine hardley has any problems with TC at all, if im turning at the time TC will commit and drop power as it sences that the left front is spinning therefore it cuts the power to that side for the otherside to catch up.

Mine only spins in wet weather, as i keep mine on all the time.

HappySlapper82
28th February 2008, 06:09 PM
Depends how u launch it, and release the clutch, TC isnt overkill unless u have shit tyres on her and then it just spins.

Tyre choice has alot to do with TC and how it drops the power, if ur taking off in a straight line, mine hardley has any problems with TC at all, if im turning at the time TC will commit and drop power as it sences that the left front is spinning therefore it cuts the power to that side for the otherside to catch up.

Mine only spins in wet weather, as i keep mine on all the time.

No clutch its an auto. I work in a tyre store so I have really good tyres on it :) I wish I had a way to turn the TC off

vectraguy01
28th February 2008, 08:49 PM
its called a switch! easy to install as it was done to mine!

Wat tyres u running on it?

HappySlapper82
28th February 2008, 09:42 PM
its called a switch! easy to install as it was done to mine!

Wat tyres u running on it?

I was told you can't get a switch for mine as it was intergrated into my transmission as it was the last of the Vectra b auto's??? I run 215/45r17 Hankook 424's

vectraguy01
29th February 2008, 10:10 AM
I guess Holden told you this story then??

HappySlapper82
29th February 2008, 07:22 PM
I guess Holden told you this story then??

Yes, lol. they said it was impossible on my model. Tell me what you know...:)

auzvectra
2nd March 2008, 03:54 AM
go on the vvoc.com and search my username, i have a massive thread on there that started out as a research on how to do the t/c switch, after a lil input from a few people was put together, i managed to do it ;).
all it is is a short pulse of a certain wire to earth, the wire needs to be picked up in the passenger foot well, in the kick panel on plug X2, there is pics, and run it to the center of the dash next to the stereo and stick a switch in, genuine switch is about $55-80.

HappySlapper82
4th March 2008, 08:34 PM
Your threads gone :( , but I found this page? http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mallwood/traction_control.htm
Do you think it'll work on Aus V6's?

vectraguy01
4th March 2008, 09:18 PM
its the same setup, same as wat matt did on mine!

auzvectra
4th March 2008, 09:44 PM
well it was about 20 pages long, so i guess it was taking a lot of space up ;).

HappySlapper82
7th March 2008, 11:51 AM
can anyone please tell me the 4bar fpr part #? I want to fit it before the cruise next weekend and it'll take a couple of days to order in.

If anyone else wants one cheap through my work let me know

vectraguy01
9th March 2008, 04:10 PM
i cant find the part number on it, but if u ask for a fpr for the XR6 turbo, well thats the right one for it!

HappySlapper82
10th March 2008, 01:03 AM
i cant find the part number on it, but if u ask for a fpr for the XR6 turbo, well thats the right one for it!

I did :) None of my suppliers can tell me wich one I need, there's 2 different ones ones a complete unit with lines an all and the other one is a 27 bar fpr. but I did a google search for 4 bar vectra and came up with a bosch number for Audi's and vw's, but I'm not sure if that will work?

Greg K
10th March 2008, 08:32 AM
thats the opne happyslapper

HappySlapper82
10th March 2008, 11:45 AM
I found it :) if anyone else wants to know - the bosch number is 280160575.

Thanks goes to richatboringdon (http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/richatboringdon/) at ebay.co.uk for his informative listing lol :D