PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bumper

WLD-18L
11th November 2006, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know if there is a "how to" anywhere about removing the rear bumper from an astra G ?

One side of my rear bar has about a 5mm gap between it and the car. the other side is perfect. it has been like this since i bought the car. somthing has hit the car which has pushed the left side of the rear bar down ever so slightly. there is also a minor scratch and dent there that will be getting fixed up soon.

Misguidedangel
11th November 2006, 11:03 AM
well who ever is doing the fixing, get them to fix the bar

Wraith
11th November 2006, 02:46 PM
Haynes Manual......you can buy from any Repco outlet.

All TS (Astra G) models are covered except for the convertible.

Will have that and heaps more, I've got one for my Cali, it's helped heaps ;)

WLD-18L
11th November 2006, 05:51 PM
awsome thanks man. i will have to have a look. any idea how much they are

Noir
11th November 2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the tip Wraith! I will be picking one of those up :D

I have a similar problem with my front bumper sitting just slightly out. Mine is due to the right hand side wheel guard/front panel being scraped by another person in a car park :mad:

Good luck with your rear, I hope its easy to fix and isnt a panel beater visit to fix the bump first.

WLD-18L
12th November 2006, 11:10 AM
nah it should be easy its that minor that if i didnt tell you you would not even notice. but i can tell everytime i lok at it because i know its there, it bothers me so i wonna fix it up

Wraith
12th November 2006, 12:41 PM
Hi guys, cost is around $30.00....or so it was a few years back :confused:

Hopefully you'll score one easily enough and get all the answers you need :)

Cheers.

lowey22
12th November 2006, 07:54 PM
It's pretty easy to remove, just need a torx set. From what I remember there are 3-4 screws underneath the car, near the exhaust etc. There are 3 along the boot trim. Then there are 2 under each of the rear lights, they are easy to remove as well, just open the little vent things in the boot and undo the big white knob/screws. i left mine hanging and undid the screws underneath them, u can put the connector for the lights out if need be. There is 1-2 in the wheel arches. the other thing you have to detach is the rear light under the number plate. you can pop it up with a screw driver and pop the plastic bit off the bulb and the bit that holds the bulb, then it will fit through the hole.

hope that makes sense, if you need more info or pics let me know. it's a pretty easy job :)