PDA

View Full Version : British (Pommie!) ex-pat now in Melb

jerrek71
10th November 2006, 04:30 PM
Greetings all,
Just moved here from Pommieland and bought a 98 Vectra having owned many of them in the UK... Got to say, sourcing parts for these is somewhat harder here than in Britain - but then every third car in Britain seems to be a Vauxhall/Opel :)

Gonna go now and have a look round, good to find an Opel Owners Forum here in Aus - thanks for providing it!

J.

Kate_SRI
10th November 2006, 04:58 PM
Hey there you pommy one =P

yeah its a lot harder to find parts over here, so we usually have to buy aftermarket parts or freight them over from the uk, if you are after some places to source parts for your vectra, im sure all the veccy owners on here would be more then happy to let you know where they go =)

Good Luck with the veccy and welcome

jerrek71
10th November 2006, 05:17 PM
Hey there you pommy one =P

yeah its a lot harder to find parts over here, so we usually have to buy aftermarket parts or freight them over from the uk, if you are after some places to source parts for your vectra, im sure all the veccy owners on here would be more then happy to let you know where they go =)

Good Luck with the veccy and welcome

Yes, please, help!!! :-)

I've found a few bits, thanks to some posts on here. Nowhere seems to be a one stop shop though (which is OK, I can cope with that!). What I'm really after at the moment is the rear suspension bushes as the rear suspension knocks like crazy when you go over any bumps!

(Oh, and I'm happy to use aftermarket parts - I almost never bought genuine Vauxhall in England and I don't mind not starting to now ;))

But despite reading what most Aussies think of Holdens, and the Vectra in particular, I love mine :)

Cheers,
J.

Lt Ketch
10th November 2006, 07:18 PM
Hey jerrek71 welcome! Good to see you bought a proper sized car!

Do you want standard bushes or improved/performance ones?

you could try http://www.whiteline.com.au/

Kate_SRI
10th November 2006, 07:57 PM
Hey jerrek71 welcome! Good to see you bought a proper sized car!

lol what do you mean by that.... huh ????? :cool:

EL BURITO
11th November 2006, 01:44 AM
yer i wanna know that too.

Hey Jerrek. u would also be an idea o follow the link at the top to the VIC forum too, bit more local info

PaulyJ
11th November 2006, 11:54 AM
Hey Jerrek, welcome to OA.
Register on the Vic Forums (http://vic.opelaus.com/forum) and we'll help you out with all the local things.

oneightoo
11th November 2006, 12:44 PM
welcome to aus and welcome to the forum!

hehe we are so winning the ashes WOOOOOO!!

jerrek71
11th November 2006, 01:53 PM
Heya PaulyJ,
I signed up on the Vic OpelAus yesterday and had a trawl :) Found some very helpful stuff!!

And as for the Ashes... England invented cricket, and then got crap at it - c'est la vie :-D

btm
14th November 2006, 09:15 AM
welcome welcome!

enjoy your stay