PDA

View Full Version : Suttons East Sydney

Charlatan
9th November 2006, 09:39 PM
I never have my car dealer serviced. The warrany runs out in December this year, so I asked my mechanic to do a thorough inspection to see if there was anything major that might be on the way out. He came up with a cracked engine bush & leaking water pump (not cheap to do).

So I checked it into Suttons today, expecting a fight about getting the parts replaced, the usual 'nah mate looks fine to us' routine. Had a call this morning, told me they were doing the work, plus they mentioned the thermostat looked a bit dodge so they would change that.

So all up, my car has had some $4k of warranty work done (over its 3 year life), and I have not paid Suttons a single dollar, but still they are willing to go the extra mile for me.

Suttons Holden, 2 thumbs up for you.

maloo97
9th November 2006, 11:57 PM
Yeh suttons are good but united holden not cool

dustbug
10th November 2006, 08:55 AM
Yer suttons are good in some ways. There sales consultants at roseberry are absolutly hopeless. You can look around at their cars for 1 hour and not one salesperson will come and ask for assistance.

I bought mine from arncliffe because they would budge on price, roseberry only went to $26,500 drive away whereas arnciffe did it for $23K driveaway with power pack! Amazing!

Ooooo and if you buy at arncliffe suttons, you can't use the roseberry suttons carwash.

Other than that they are pretty good. Huge company so they can give good deals.

Ooo and if no one knew, the son of the owner of suttons is going out with michelle lesley (that bali lady with the 1 'e' tablet).

Otherwise thumbs up too.

Mr T
10th November 2006, 10:21 AM
The Sons of Fred Sutton are in their 50's/60's....You must mean his Grandson.

Are you talking about Scott Sutton?

That's good to hear Charlatan, alot of people think that the dealers are out to get them, but in reality the dealers are paid by GMH to make the repairs. So, infact they love warranty work - the labour rate is down a bit, but work is work.

dustbug
10th November 2006, 02:13 PM
Yup scott suttons, went to the school i used to go to but in my cousins year. He'd probs be around 28-29

ronj
10th November 2006, 06:40 PM
I had $8000 worth of warranty work done by Suttons on my Vectra, they were fantastic, very happy with the service they gave me.

bill142
10th November 2006, 08:13 PM
Yeh suttons are good but united holden not cool

Lol yeah their sales reps are hopeless. When I was purchasing my Astra H, I told the guy I needed a day or two to check and arrange a few logistical things (since I live in Canberra). Anyhow, the other dealer I was talking to was obviously keen for the sale and kept ringing every few days to see how things were going and to see if he could help. Four weeks later the guy from United rings and asks if I'd sorted everything out. By this point I had purchased and taken delivery of my Astra H.

maloo97
10th November 2006, 10:01 PM
Yeh Bill142 I know how you feel. I brought a ah astra there last year and on the contract i had free service for 3 years. Anyways a year on i need a nother company car a ute so i was like yeh rodeo ok... but first i had to put the Ah in for service when it was time to pick up they wanted to change me $450 for a 5,000ks service but clearly written in a contract stated free service oil inc for 3yrs, ended up in a fight they renigged on the deal i had to pay the $450 to get the car back that day BUT about 3 weeks later i got a cheuqe in the mail and a applogigy letter. now thats .........
Also now i was so pissed off at this time im like stick ya rodeo but thought or ill get a price off this mob took the trade in for value they said we'll get back to you with a change over price 1 week later i rang to cheak it up an he goes i was waiting for you to come down and sign the contract an im like how bout the price first mate ? and after that never hurd anything from the sales dude for atleast 3 weeks later To late buddy Brought a hilux.

I used to know the sales manager there not personally but just thu buying cars there. i dealt with him from 03 to 05 but now he's not there he left and took his sales team with him now there's new dudes and seriously they have to pull there head in cause it's just not good enough.

Sorry for hi/jacking thread.

Noir
11th November 2006, 03:33 AM
I had $8000 worth of warranty work done by Suttons on my Vectra, they were fantastic, very happy with the service they gave me.

damn I thought I would take out the crown with the most expensive warranty repairs. 8k? :eek: Mine comes in around 6k.

Poogene2001
11th November 2006, 10:15 AM
Sounds like suttons looks after their retail customers pretty well, but we get a lof of our fleet cars (I work for a fleet lease co.) going in there, and they are the worst to deal with (no, 2nd worst, Heartland Holden is the worst). Untrustworthy is the easiest way to describe them. They try to upsell things to all the drivers, ie injector services, auto trans services, throttle body cleans, etc even if there is no problem with the way the vehicle drives. We get lots of complaints from our drivers about shoddy service and mega long wait times.
One thing I will say in their favour though, they seem very keen to deal on price. All the best Astra deals seem to be at Suttons 1st.

ronj
12th November 2006, 10:20 AM
I had a new auto gearbox and radiator fitted to my 04 Vectra CDX, $8000 + I wasnt a retail customer of Suttons, I bought the car second hand and they still looked after me.