PDA

View Full Version : Stubby Coolers

ZC_74
8th November 2006, 08:54 PM
I've been thinking about this for awhile and it came up again on another thread.

After all of Woody's grand efforts in his organistaion of the group buy, I thought I would help out in offering to organise some stubby coolers for the forum through my mates promotional company.

Last November and then again in May I had coolers organised for mate's bucks parties. They were a single colour but the front was a photo. On the back was the details of the event and the total was about $5 each (we ordered about 30). Obviously with these things, the more you get the cheaper they become. Coolers come in many colours but some colours print pictures better than others

If you check out his website http://www.hunterpp.com.au/ it will show you everything they do and of there was another suggestion or product then let's hear the suggestions. I have a little design flair but I am quite sure there is someone who could come up with some really cool design that incorporates all of Opel.

I'll look forward to responses

Noir
8th November 2006, 09:00 PM
One can never own enough stubby holders.

OOh I see they have polo shirts. The girls of DBH once had pit crew shirts made up for the club, they looked great. Why stop at stubby holders ;)

ope126
8th November 2006, 09:01 PM
Sounds good! Sign me up...

Dee
8th November 2006, 09:04 PM
i reckon it's an awesome idea... add it to my dad's collection of over 90 stubby coolers from around aus :D

ZC_74
8th November 2006, 09:06 PM
One can never own enough stubby holders.

OOh I see they have polo shirts. The girls of DBH once had pit crew shirts made up for the club, they looked great. Why stop at stubby holders ;)

Yeah, I thought Polo's could be a way to go as well. My mate can whip something up pretty quick and get it back. Turnaround is really good to. He did the coolers in about 10 days or so.

oneightoo
8th November 2006, 09:25 PM
i'll take some stuff too!

Blue_Dvl
8th November 2006, 09:25 PM
would definately be interested in a holder..... polo too

platypus
8th November 2006, 11:06 PM
just a thought... hows the copyright stuff go on that?

PaulyJ
8th November 2006, 11:47 PM
$5 coolers... sweet... now all i need is a turbo :think:
hehehe jk
awesome idea, i'll be in on this!
I've got some designs ready if you want to have a look. We used them for the Victorian side window stickers.

EL BURITO
9th November 2006, 12:40 AM
i guess we just asks Wayne for approval.

i am in for stubby holder and polo

ZC_74
9th November 2006, 07:59 AM

How does the copyright work with what we put on the forum? I guess it's the same principal.

I guess my ideas for the stubby holder where more along the lines of a logo etc but if we could use one of our pics even better. There's one I see that is taken of the new Astra from the rear quarter panel. That would look awesome - and I don't even drive an astra ;)

Tfer
9th November 2006, 08:03 AM
A stubby cooler or three would be handy... grand idea :clap: :clap: :clap:

Love the idea for an Opelaus polo... so count me in :dance:

ZC_74
9th November 2006, 08:16 AM
Better add another note. While coolers I could get down to probably $5 or so, that doesn't include postage unfortunately. I can't see it being too much but please be sure to bear that in mind. At worst, it would probably be a couple of dollars. Still a bit cheaper than you can buy other stubby coolers for and it will be personalised. If we got shirts done at the same time who knows..

woody
9th November 2006, 11:34 AM
I'll be in for a bit of that

ZC_74
9th November 2006, 02:16 PM
This is the one I like if we could use it. It would need just a little work to square him up but otherwise this would look really good. I think for copyright, we're going to have to use a logo though.

Thoughts?

EL BURITO
9th November 2006, 03:07 PM
that would look good.

It was R3N that got alll those pics together if u need to know were they came form

ZC_74
10th November 2006, 09:56 AM
More info.

Coolers will be $4.15 + GST. Polos are:

Per Shirt
Embroidered

25$28.30
50+ $27.20
100+ $26.10
200+ $24.65

1 Colour Screen Print
25+$27.30
50+ $26.30
100+ $24.70
200+ $23.40

I will need to start a proper list of interested parties. Could you please send me a PM With name, number of coolers required, and yes or no to polo.

Cheers

btm
10th November 2006, 10:35 AM
sounds fun - PM sent :)

EL BURITO
10th November 2006, 10:51 AM
sounds fun - PM sent :)
ditto................

Sammeh
10th November 2006, 12:29 PM
More info.

Coolers will be $4.15 + GST. Polos are:

Per Shirt
Embroidered

25$28.30
50+ $27.20
100+ $26.10
200+ $24.65

1 Colour Screen Print
25+$27.30
50+ $26.30
100+ $24.70
200+ $23.40

I will need to start a proper list of interested parties. Could you please send me a PM With name, number of coolers required, and yes or no to polo.

Cheers

Postage Across Aus should be no more than $4.95 for a Prepaid satchel which should fit A polo & a stubby holder in it. If not, the Next bag up is $8.95 i think, and would definately fit it in.

i personally prefer Embroidered Polos, They just look alot nicer.. and PM will be sent shortly ;)

ZC_74
10th November 2006, 12:37 PM
I agree that embroided polos would be the way to go. If you look at the start of the thread and go to the website you'll see there are a number of different types of polos. The prices I grabbed were for the 'sport' type.

http://www.hunterpp.com.au/products/details/poloshirts/cooldrypolo.asp

ZC_74
10th November 2006, 12:39 PM
$5 coolers... sweet... now all i need is a turbo :think:
hehehe jk
awesome idea, i'll be in on this!
I've got some designs ready if you want to have a look. We used them for the Victorian side window stickers.

PaulyJ

Could you PM me some designs so I can send them over to get some artwork started.

EL BURITO
10th November 2006, 12:52 PM
iron free
yes

embroided
yes..............

Tfer
10th November 2006, 08:27 PM
PM sent... thank you very muchly ;)

mr_sikma
10th November 2006, 10:00 PM
wouldnt mind a coffee mug :)

Noir
11th November 2006, 03:56 AM
PM sent and well done!

Please tell me the shirt will feature black...;) (who would have thought?) In honour of those emo types "I'll only wear black until they make something darker"

ZC_74
13th November 2006, 09:24 AM

We could do that as well. The options are alomst limitless. We could possibly have a 'range' of merchandise. I'm quite sure my mate would be up for supporting us on that.

Apex
13th November 2006, 10:42 AM
Have you got a picture of the suggested Polo shirts?

ZC_74
13th November 2006, 10:50 AM
Have you got a picture of the suggested Polo shirts?

Check the link a few posts up. There a few different styles but this one was my suggestion

Apex
13th November 2006, 12:29 PM
http://www.fashionbiz.co.nz/images/2006Feb/Large/Shirts/sh730_royalink_wn_46206.jpg

Looks good mate, blue would look smart too.

An Embroidered logo would definitely look best on a polo I think the Opel blitz with opelaus.com underneath would look good.

It’s a shame im all the way over here in NZ, otherwise I could have hooked you all up at mates rates, and done the logos for free!

ZC_74
13th November 2006, 12:42 PM
http://www.opel.de/eshop.act?shop_category=opcstyle

This is the OPC Shop website. Blue would fit in quite nicely

EL BURITO
13th November 2006, 01:35 PM
An Embroidered logo would definitely look best on a polo I think the Opel blitz with opelaus.com underneath would look good.

i like that idea

Blue_Dvl
13th November 2006, 08:46 PM
definately like that shirt.......

maybe a coloured polo, and black t-shirt could be an idea

PaulyJ
13th November 2006, 11:33 PM
sorry haven't been on in a few days.
Here is the logo we've used on our side window stickers

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/paulyj/OAmotorsport.jpg

Tfer
13th November 2006, 11:50 PM

i like it Pauly.... for my 2c, i think a mainly white polo, with black inserts and the above embroidered. :D

ZC_74
14th November 2006, 11:34 AM

Is this what we would want on the coolers or the polo or both.

I am having some good responses but still lacking a few numbers just yet to get this happening.

Tfer
14th November 2006, 11:47 AM
As per my previous post.... happy for this to be on both.

Would prefer a predominantly white polo, with black inserts though :)

PaulyJ
15th November 2006, 12:41 AM
i'm in, 100%.

platypus
18th November 2006, 05:13 PM
mug or stubby cooler - i'm there

Blue_Dvl
19th November 2006, 12:45 PM
will they be around for X-Mas???

Noir
20th November 2006, 10:41 PM
How are you going for numbers?

ZC_74
21st November 2006, 09:03 AM
Sorry everyone, been a bit slack. I was away with work last week and........

Anyway, I'll write up the list I have and post it up. I'll give a couple of days for final numbers and then I'll order.

At this stage I think we should just get the coolers done because they probably can be done in time for chrissy.

ZC_74
21st November 2006, 09:15 AM
Numbers

From my PM's and people who only said yes in the post, the list looks like this.

ZC_74 - 2
jerrypufflewell -1
reedaaron - 1
noir - 2
Tfer - 2
Astra Sammeh - 2
El Burrito - 1
btm - 1
ope126 - 1
Dee - 1
oneightoo - 1
Blue Dvl - 1
Pauly J - 1
Woody - 1
platypus - 1

This is an excellent start but we really need to make it grow. Please if you know someone who hasn't shown interest and may be, then please ask them to PM me or submit to the thread.

Cheers

ZC_74
21st November 2006, 11:58 AM
OK, more news

Stubby coolers can be done prior to chrissy but we need to get onto it within the next week or so (week ending the 1st Dec)

Polos can be done also but I think there are still way too many variables in place as far as what we want. Pricing including emroidery etc is sitting at about $30 for a pretty good polo. Prices can go up for even better quality or down for less.

With the stubby coolers we have agreed to a couple of possibilities and when I receive the proofs I will post them. Simply the ideas are:

1. The banner that I mentioned as a long picture on the front and then the logo posted above on the back

2. The banner that I mentioned as a full photo/wraparound the whole cooler.

3. the banner that I mentioned, taller, covering about three quaters of the cooler and then the logo above printed on the back.

Generally the cooler will be black. If everyone agrees with these 'ideas' then I will continue. If not, please post any other pics you might like. Me, being a Vectra driver, I would love to see that, but I still am pretty with the Astra one I chose.

ZC_74
21st November 2006, 12:10 PM

Yep, we can get these as well. Roughly $4 each

Noir
21st November 2006, 12:57 PM
I am happy with the design and the use of black :D Coffee mugs? Hell put me down for 2 of those also ;)

btm
21st November 2006, 01:11 PM
i'd go a coffee mug also if they're being offered :)

MiksOpel
23rd November 2006, 12:15 AM
I like the designs, but i think it could do without the .com,
Just use opelaus, www and .com aren't really attractive,

My reason :
No-one is going to look at the cooler and then follow through and visit the site, the chances of a potential member becoming attracted through the cooler alone are very slim, and if they are interested, they will just ask, whats opelaus.

I think www and .com look unattractive,
I belong to opelaus, not opelaus dot com.

Tfer
26th November 2006, 08:22 AM
Put me down for two coffee mugs as well, and two for Deighty....:D

jerrypufflewell
27th November 2006, 02:11 PM
yeah mugs sound grood too :D

Tfer
5th December 2006, 09:45 AM
*bump* Any progress here? :confused:

ZC_74
6th December 2006, 11:45 AM
Guys

Really sorry, been flat out at work.

Not much progression because unfortunately we are just not getting enough numbers to make it happen.

I am still very keen for it to go ahead but we just need more numbers.

Tfer
6th December 2006, 11:50 AM
Guys

Really sorry, been flat out at work.

Not much progression because unfortunately we are just not getting enough numbers to make it happen.

I am still very keen for it to go ahead but we just need more numbers.

No worries mate.... totally understand. :) I wanted the mugs for a Christmas present, so will pull out for now and so will Deighty, as it appears it won't happen before then. If you get more people then yes will reconsider in the new year. Sorry :(