PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket:(

MK
4th November 2006, 09:46 AM
3 demerits on your licence and $230 in NSW, not sure in other states

mackeysam
4th November 2006, 01:04 PM
hey peeps,

got my first speeding ticket tonight :( thought my whole day would be awesome and go perfectly cause it was my last ever day of school today:D yay no more school...but then it happened...80 in a 60 zone...the popo was hidden behind a bus stop in his landcruiser...so what do u reakon my fine will be? 3 points and $140?

sam

Lt Ketch
4th November 2006, 02:08 PM
bummer dude?

mackeysam
5th November 2006, 01:57 AM
3 demerits on your licence and $230 in NSW, not sure in other states

damn! i hope its not that much!? $230 is so much money! i guess it serves me right for speeding...funny thing is id already driven past him once that day...i just completely forgot he was there and i was rushing...:(

Sammeh
5th November 2006, 09:54 AM
Your lucky you are not on ur P's. In Vic I think thats a automatic 3 month suspension?

Misguidedangel
5th November 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm presuming he is on his p's considering he just fiinished school... so hes 17/18

if youre in nsw... you're looking at 3 points and $231 just like Marcinkozinski said...

The ticket should have all that information on it...

bad luck mate

jerrypufflewell
5th November 2006, 02:47 PM
Your lucky you are not on ur P's. In Vic I think thats a automatic 3 month suspension?

Here he's fine, just needs to avoid more ;)

mackeysam
6th November 2006, 12:19 PM
Here he's fine, just needs to avoid more ;)

lol yeah i tried...im in QLD and i'm on my p's. yeah i looked on the queensland transport site at the fines, and 20k's over is 4 points + $250!! so im hoping i was going 19k's over...then again im hoping that i didnt get the ticket at all but we'll see...i think it usually takes like 3 or 4 working days to get the ticket sent out to you...so we'll see...if i do get 4 points taken away then ill have to go on a year of good behaviour cause i also have the option of losing my license for 3 months...but i cant not have my license. i need it for work and all that and its would just be so inconvient loosing it.

anyways cheers guys
sam

lowey22
6th November 2006, 12:47 PM
so did you see it flash? u might get lucky and not get a ticket. but if so, even if it was more than 20 over, 12 month probation isnt too bad, makes you slow down.

CJB
6th November 2006, 02:18 PM
Im on a good behaviour bond, and went on my Opens in July, guess that kinda doesnt mean Im on my opens, Im not sure, anywho - it's not the end of the world if you have to go on that... although it is for me as I was done speeding with that 1 point, so am facing suspension for 6 months, but, learn from my mistakes and slow down :)

You might actually want to ring QLD Transport and select the licencing number and maybe talk to someone about it.

If the camera flashed, do you know if you will have the ticket?

You won't lose your licence. First time offence, won't happen. That doesn't mean you won't get fined and have the points deducted.

Oh yeah, make sure you pay the fine, or stick with SPER if you go for the payment plan - if you don't pay, you WILL get a summons to court and a warrant for your arrest will be issued, and SPER can and will suspend your licence.... and they can do that all before the letter of suspension reaches your mailbox and if you're caught driving on a suspended licence, you will be charged with unlicenced driving.

:)

Too many repercussions to speeding.

But am sorry to hear about it all.

mackeysam
6th November 2006, 05:07 PM
Im on a good behaviour bond, and went on my Opens in July, guess that kinda doesnt mean Im on my opens, Im not sure, anywho - it's not the end of the world if you have to go on that... although it is for me as I was done speeding with that 1 point, so am facing suspension for 6 months, but, learn from my mistakes and slow down :)

You might actually want to ring QLD Transport and select the licencing number and maybe talk to someone about it.

If the camera flashed, do you know if you will have the ticket?

You won't lose your licence. First time offence, won't happen. That doesn't mean you won't get fined and have the points deducted.

Oh yeah, make sure you pay the fine, or stick with SPER if you go for the payment plan - if you don't pay, you WILL get a summons to court and a warrant for your arrest will be issued, and SPER can and will suspend your licence.... and they can do that all before the letter of suspension reaches your mailbox and if you're caught driving on a suspended licence, you will be charged with unlicenced driving.

:)

Too many repercussions to speeding.

But am sorry to hear about it all.

yeah i wont loose my license...but as u said, first time offense so hopefully they will be nice to me..i was delivering a pizza that was late...so i sped. stupid me :( anyway i transferred some money into my account to make sure that i can pay the fine...but that was some of the money that i was saving for schoolies + mods :( ah well ill learn from my mistake. i did see the camera flash...although i was passing another car when it happened so the other car possibly could have blocked the vision of my car...so who knows...i think it takes about a week for the ticket to actually get sent to your house so yeah ill just have to wait and see if i get the ticket.

thanks guys...