PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who misses their Barina SRi...The C2 VTS

ultim8DTM5
4th November 2006, 12:06 PM
This (VTS) has been out for ages, the last two years even.

pred8r
4th November 2006, 12:31 PM
FINALLY, better late than never (or is it too late), Citroen have released, in Oz, their quirky little rocket in a manual version (VTS) as opposed to that crappy sensodrive automanual box (VTR).

Similar pricing to the Barina SRi too.

Clicky (http://www.citroen.com.au/cms/default.asp?action=article&ID=22380)

http://www.caradisiac.com/media/images/le_mag/mag266/citroen-c2-vw-lupo-3big.jpg
http://g.o2.pl/file_cms/2005/03/23/174429.jpg
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/images/citroen-c2-vts-3.JPG

specs for the lazy ones;
0-100 = 8.3sec
400m = 16.1sec (1000m = 29.8sec)
Top speed = 202km/h
Fuel consumption = 6.9/100km combined
Price = $23,990 (+ ????) (leather + $1k)

bornwild
4th November 2006, 06:56 PM
There is one thing tho'......it is a Citroen.

You wouldn't know what I mean by this unless you've lived in Europe.

trickle
4th November 2006, 09:00 PM
They have always been od little cars!

Charlatan
4th November 2006, 10:47 PM
This (VTS) has been out for ages, the last two years even.

VTR has been out for a couple of years, the VTS is new. 90kW and just over a tonne. Almost identical to an SRi beep beep too.

Alfonzo
4th November 2006, 10:50 PM
There is one thing tho'......it is a Citroen.

You wouldn't know what I mean by this unless you've lived in Europe....Being French it sets itself on fire? :p

I quite like it actually. Had a look at an orange one at the motorshow in Sydney last year I think it was, and I was quite impressed.

ultim8DTM5
5th November 2006, 12:30 PM
VTR has been out for a couple of years, the VTS is new. 90kW and just over a tonne. Almost identical to an SRi beep beep too.

I've been looking at the VTS for quite a few months now (nearly 6?) as my sister and my girlfriend are both in the market for new cars.

Charlatan
5th November 2006, 01:13 PM
I've been looking at the VTS for quite a few months now (nearly 6?) as my sister and my girlfriend are both in the market for new cars.

VTS was released in Aus in July 06. VTRs came out in around 04 from memory. These look like pretty good cars on paper. Anyone driven one?

bill142
5th November 2006, 09:51 PM
Does anyone know the name of the song on the C4 ad where the car is ice skating?

ultim8DTM5
5th November 2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, Walking Away by The Egg. Been out as long as the C2 VTR ;)

pred8r
6th November 2006, 06:45 AM
VTS was released in Aus in July 06. VTRs came out in around 04 from memory. These look like pretty good cars on paper. Anyone driven one?

Put a deposit on one before i bought my Sri. ($22k VTR vs $17,250 SRi, Gearbox made it a no contest)
It was a VTR, their gearbox was SO different it was too weird for me, prolly be ok if driven sedately, but ATT the one i was looking at was only $500 short of a new one (and 25k kms up on one). As it was only a testdrive the gearbox had thrown me too much to concentrate on anything else but nothing comes to mind so it must have been ok.

The features you get are fantastic, (unless theyve dropped some)
a/c into glove box
Auto headlights
Auto wipers
VTR had both F1 style AND stick gearshift
Quirky colours :D
Digital dash

slightly shorter than a beep, little bit higher.
little bit quicker and faster too (VTS version, VTR is not as quick. (but realisically we are only talking + and - 1sec accelleration either way, +10 km/h and similar for top speed)
for the SRi fuel economy Id say would be on a par If their figures match my 'real' ones (6.9lt/100km)

Feature-wise it wins hands down, you decide the rest.

Market competitors;
Polo TDi $20k+ (similar speeds to VTR cheaper and more economic, dont know trim specs to comment)
VTR/VTS fits in here $23k+(as their prices are all over the place on carsales)
Polo GTi $30k+
Colt turbo $30k+

ultim8DTM5
6th November 2006, 10:24 AM
Don't forget Punto Sport, $27,990.
6spd diesel with 90-odd kw from memory and a whole lotta torque!

How the **** did you get the SRi for $17k? Must have been a demo or used - I paid that much for my 1.4 spankers in 2002!

pred8r
6th November 2006, 09:56 PM
Don't forget Punto Sport, $27,990.
6spd diesel with 90-odd kw from memory and a whole lotta torque!

How the **** did you get the SRi for $17k? Must have been a demo or used - I paid that much for my 1.4 spankers in 2002!

used (both cars were)
SRi - '03.5 model (1st reg'd in Jan '04) 30k kms bought it in May '05 (making it a high km car), only did 8000kms til may '06 (making it a low km car) and because of my wedding location, numerous job changes and stuff have just clocked over 50k making it average again, oh well.
Played 3 dealers off against each other, all had SRi's, 2 were ex-GMH thrashboxes with 20k kms, red and aztec gold, mine was not ex-GM and black. I was only considering '03's as the facelift was too exy ATT ('04 also didnt have MP3).

VTR - '04 model, 25k kms IIRC $500 cheaper than new.

Would have bought it new over the SRi but as ive said earlier, didnt like the 'box and in the end that coupled with the price made the decision for me.

OT - In case anyone is interested, saw an '04 Black SRi, 20k kms, at Essendon VW 2 weeks ago for $18k-ish, dont know if its still there.

Red AH SRI T
7th November 2006, 07:56 AM
the sensodrive gearbox is absoloute rubbish

bornwild
7th November 2006, 09:37 AM
I liked the sensodrive concept and it was carried out rather good, I doubt that it would last though.

bornwild
7th November 2006, 09:38 AM
...Being French it sets itself on fire? :p

I quite like it actually. Had a look at an orange one at the motorshow in Sydney last year I think it was, and I was quite impressed.

I was referring to the 'hiyunday' like quality rather than Jeremy Clarksons lil' joke. :p:p:p

pred8r
7th November 2006, 12:34 PM
I liked the sensodrive concept and it was carried out rather good, I doubt that it would last though.

IIRC renault run a variation of it in their Master (which, for some funny reason, is not available in Oz, in the Trafic :() van 3+ tonne van with a 1.2t payload.

The way it works is a great idea, same as a manual but with a computer controlled clutch, less drivetrain loss etc etc. It just feels like you are a passenger in a manual car, not the driver.

A dial to change the rate which the clutch engages would be nice.