PDA

View Full Version : astra 2.2 SRI and 1.9TDI

Cheetahs
3rd November 2006, 06:24 PM
hi everyone! now holden bring 2.2 SRI hatch,couple, and 1.9 TDI. is astra range enough to compition to other brand and current model meet our need in australia market?possible holden will bring more TD model and replace 1.8 model?

Tfer
3rd November 2006, 06:37 PM
Considering they said the 2.2 would never come to Australia, who would know what they will bring..... but at least they are bringing them still ;)

Cheetahs
3rd November 2006, 07:13 PM
mate but I saw 2.2 four door hatch in model show...

Tfer
3rd November 2006, 07:16 PM
Do not doubt you at all Cheetahs, all I was saying is originally Holden said onyl the 1.8 was out here, then the diesel came, and now the 2.2 etc etc etc.

But it is great they are still bringing them out and we are not stuck with some non Opel substitute. ;)

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 07:26 AM
sorry mate, mis read your message.. sorry.. mate what do u think of 2.2 and 1.9TDI??? both model meet australia need or ...???

Tfer
4th November 2006, 07:29 AM
All cool ;) I think they both have a legitimate place in the Australian market.... the 2.2 for someone who wants maore poke than the 1.8 but does not want the turbo, and the diesel for all the reasons you would buy a diesel :)

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 07:31 AM
mate u drive astra too or ..

Tfer
4th November 2006, 07:34 AM
No... I drive a Vectra CDXI 3.2l Hatch..... what's your ride Cheetahs?

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 07:40 AM
mate,I drive vectra C 2.2 CD = uk vauxhall 2.2 LS ... good car but no good then ur 3.2 CDXI = GTS 3.2. at the moment I plan to re badge ... later will change the wheel ..

Tfer
4th November 2006, 07:45 AM
Cool another Veccy owner :D I just today have received an Opel grille. My Veccy has been totally debadged, which gives it an interesting clean look from behind. :)

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 07:49 AM
you get the opel grill,badge and wheel cap from uk or euro? I plan to change vaxuhall or opel.. but want to change full set .. include wheel cap... be honest the holden lion is not suit this euro babe.. mate i base in northen sydney .. you??

Tfer
4th November 2006, 07:52 AM
Yes I totally agree... looks out of place ;)

We recently did a group badge buy, which Woody graciously organised. Keep an eye out in the forum for another one, or check out ebay apparently :)

I am in Bris Vegas :D the sunshine state, but I think we are up for some storms which hopefully will bring a heap of rain :dance:

Tfer
4th November 2006, 07:58 AM
Ciao for now :)

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 07:59 AM
mate.. how is life in QLD.... are u australian or ex british ....

Tfer
4th November 2006, 09:06 AM
Totally and soley Australian mate, all the way ;)

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 09:14 AM
mate.I am chinese. so you rebadge ur car ..did u change anything ?

Tfer
4th November 2006, 09:23 AM
Ah I get you.... I am I guess you would say anglo-saxon, family descended originally from the Scandinavian countries, but born and bred in Australia. :)

Apart from debadging the Veccy, and adding the Opel grille, nothing as yet. But intend on replacing the exhaust, and after market 18" alloy wheels, probably charcoal grey in colour. :)

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 09:42 AM
mate, it is sad to see vectra not coming to australia because the GM poor marketing and cost. I wish vectra 08 new model return to aus .. or make here .like the ford plan to do .. bring mondo back .

Tfer
4th November 2006, 09:48 AM
I agree but this does happen from time to time, and maybe just maybe they will have a rethink :rolleyes:

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 09:56 AM
now alot non euro source holden around the country, it make me think back to the old days all the crach product. mate last 10 yrs are great success for Holden but next 10 years it could be success but only commodare .. only that .. thats it ..

Tfer
4th November 2006, 09:59 AM
Hey cheetahs hop onto live chat

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 10:03 AM
mate, how much cost you the badge and grill? in here people rebadge to opel more then vaxuhall? are u football, NRL or rugby fans?

bornwild
4th November 2006, 07:01 PM
So, let me get this straight, they will sell the Astra with the 2.2 in Australia which produces 107kw, yet the Opel Astra with the 1.8L has 103kw and consumes considerably less fuel. Why not just import the revised 1.8 to AU instead of using the old 1.8?

I don't get the logic behind it. BTW, the 2.2 has not been on sale in Germany for about 3yrs now. It's old tech.

As for the SRi, they could just use the 2.0L turbo engine with 125kw that's on sale in germany, so that they have a stepping stone between the normal astra and the turbo.

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 07:10 PM
mate, so what the point of 2.2 astra? holden rip off australia customer or just import some model to make us happy? be honest australia can fill in all arange of astra (i think) because australia close to GB condition. it should not be problem to sales all model ...

bornwild
4th November 2006, 07:17 PM
The point of the 2.2 Astra is to use up the stocks that they have built up in Belgium from the previous model Astra, thus not wasting any material. Australia is a perfect market for that since the average level of intelligence isn't something to be proud of. GM knows they can't sell it in Germany because people will never buy anything larger than a 1.6 petrol or a TDi in germany, but here....ahhh they could put a 3.0L V6 with abismal performance in it and people would still buy it.

BTW I'm an Aussie before any flaming starts.

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 07:23 PM
mate which astra model are not sales to australia? and the one we have now are opel conidtion or vaxuhall conditoon?

bornwild
4th November 2006, 07:31 PM
I don't quite understand your question, as to the Vauxhall-Astra thing, I believe these are the Vauxhall's. There is no fundamental difference between them anyhow, the Vauxhall is a right-hand drive version of the Opel.

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 07:47 PM
mate what do u think of 2.2 sales, will sales good or no one care ...

bornwild
4th November 2006, 09:44 PM
I think it will sell well, becaue people will go 'Oh look, this is a 2.2 and the standard is 1.8, it sure must be worth the extra dough'.

I hope I'm wrong, otherwise we will only encourage manufacturers to abuse people's little knowladge of mechanics.

Cheetahs
4th November 2006, 09:55 PM
I wish more TDI model come to australia and old 1.8 gone .... mate I feel sick of holden poor marketing and always commondare ......

EL BURITO
5th November 2006, 07:08 AM
i want a 3 door CDTI, but i dont think it will happen

ROCCO
5th November 2006, 11:39 AM
I was speaking to my mate a sales man at holden they are defnitly bringing in a SRI hatch

Cheetahs
5th November 2006, 03:47 PM
mate SRI hatch will bring in? how about TDI wagon and 3 doors hatch? or 2.0 Turbo ?

Red AH SRI T
6th November 2006, 07:54 AM
So, let me get this straight, they will sell the Astra with the 2.2 in Australia which produces 107kw, yet the Opel Astra with the 1.8L has 103kw and consumes considerably less fuel. Why not just import the revised 1.8 to AU instead of using the old 1.8?

I don't get the logic behind it. BTW, the 2.2 has not been on sale in Germany for about 3yrs now. It's old tech.

As for the SRi, they could just use the 2.0L turbo engine with 125kw that's on sale in germany, so that they have a stepping stone between the normal astra and the turbo.

Actually the 2.2 has been given a new lease of life through Direct Injection, now producing i think 110kw and a hell of a lot more torque.