http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXKzc4Jc6Rg&NR

That's damn near the coolest thing I've seen all week, I want one *squeel*

I love it when there's so much power it just squats

mr_sikma
3rd November 2006, 05:56 PM
awesome :D

xplosv57
4th November 2006, 07:35 AM
Yeah im stunned at how quickly they've modified this car from release date!! Its got 380+kW from its twin turbo 6.0L and hitting 11sec quarters, can't wait for Holden to release a factory turbo (in a V6 though)!!

RudeOne
4th November 2006, 09:38 AM
what a god amoungest men :)

bill142
4th November 2006, 09:51 AM
bahaha that 180 got smoked..

Wraith
4th November 2006, 12:52 PM
That's awesome - TT install and instant 11sec car that's docile enough to use as a daily driver as well.....

No need to wait for Holden, TT and supercharger V8/V6 kits have become very common over the past couple of years and are becoming ever more affordable with more variety to chose from.

That's exactly what I've been seriously contemplating more than anything else as my next car initative and was almost gonna pick up a new fusion GTO a few months back with a TT install in mind - but have decided to hang out and see n wait for a VE 2door.

PaulyJ
4th November 2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah awesome, but put this sort of stuff in the 'Off Topic' section in future.

bornwild
4th November 2006, 07:21 PM
6.0L + Bi-Turbo = 380kw?

That's a very poor result. People get that out of 2.0L engines....and they would last longer than that V8.

Is it so hard to build a naturally aspirited V8 that produces 380kw?...look at Mercedes for crying out loud, 383kw....natural power.

cybermonkey
4th November 2006, 09:15 PM
6.0L + Bi-Turbo = 380kw?

That's a very poor result. People get that out of 2.0L engines....and they would last longer than that V8.

Is it so hard to build a naturally aspirited V8 that produces 380kw?...look at Mercedes for crying out loud, 383kw....natural power.

your comment makes no sense. 380kW from an engine and car that has been on the market barely a month. give me a break :rolleyes:
as for the Mercedes comment, how much exactly is the 380kW in the SL? about $300,000 more i think you will find...

bornwild
4th November 2006, 09:40 PM
1. The engine has been on the market for a few years now.

2. Ask that fellow how much he spent on the engine and you'll see that the engine prices would match up, if not even the LSII TT being more expensive.

3. First and foremost, when you buy a merc, you pay for much more than the engine, you pay for the name and the car. The engine manufacturing cost would be around the same(they're not due to the AMG engine being hand-built, but if it was robot-manufactured, it probably would).

If they had gotten a stable 450-500kw out of that engine, that's when I would go 'oh, respect'. But 380kw is nothing. There is also a 6.0L Monaro being sold in the UK that has 380kw, if I'm not mistaken.

Wraith
5th November 2006, 02:00 PM
6.0L + Bi-Turbo = 380kw?

O.K. guys.......if you do some research into these TT kits, the above comment would never have been made !

the power figure you see above is ATW and it is typically the 'lowest/minimum' power output these setups will give you !

It is that way because it is a straight 'bolt on' package with 'NO' mods to the engine ! Obviously to keep it all happy and reliable !!

The 'same setup' will give you up to just under 700kw and over 1200nm if you choose to modify your engine to cope !!!

And there are kits out there that take the LS1/LS2 to 1000+kw !!!!

Who's your daddy now baby :D

BTW I would love to see a 380kw ATW 2.0ltr outlast a 6.0ltr V8 putting out the same amount of power.

The 6.0ltr V8 is still very understressed at that power level, a 2.0ltr running over 400kw (ie: over 200kw/ltr) ATFW would have to have the strongest internals or it would self destruct after only a few km's at WOT !!!!! ;)

xplosv57
5th November 2006, 04:09 PM
1. The engine has been on the market for a few years now.

2. Ask that fellow how much he spent on the engine and you'll see that the engine prices would match up, if not even the LSII TT being more expensive.

3. First and foremost, when you buy a merc, you pay for much more than the engine, you pay for the name and the car. The engine manufacturing cost would be around the same(they're not due to the AMG engine being hand-built, but if it was robot-manufactured, it probably would).

If they had gotten a stable 450-500kw out of that engine, that's when I would go 'oh, respect'. But 380kw is nothing. There is also a 6.0L Monaro being sold in the UK that has 380kw, if I'm not mistaken.

1. The L98 6.0l in the VE was released in the VE, so no it hasn't been out for long!!

2. No way, a twin turbo 6.0l will still cost less than a factory Mercedes motor, go to your local Merc dealer and find out how much a new motor actually costs!!

3. Thats true, you do pay for the Mercedes name, but id rather pay $80k on a VE SS TT making 380kW than pay $80k for the Merc equivalent which would be a woosy 4 cylinder or a breathless 6!!!

Just remember, the VE as only been out since August, i in turn was actually shocked they already had an 11 sec VE, i didn't think these would be developed till next year, so the stable 450-500kW mark is not far away!!! :dance:

cybermonkey
5th November 2006, 04:36 PM
There is also a 6.0L Monaro being sold in the UK that has 380kw, if I'm not mistaken.

yes thats right, but it has not be developed by Vauxhall alone. Wortec UK have had the job of creating the 50 SUPERCHARGED monsters. This was undertaken to shift the remaining few Monaro's still sitting about waiting for dealer delivery. This has had extensive financial input from Vauxhall themselves and is designed to last the life of the car. its NOT an off-the-shelf application.
I can assure you that the L98 and uprated LS2 will go on to create some truly mental power outputs over the next couple of years. Holden fanatics now have the chassis to make the most of it :cool:

Wraith
5th November 2006, 07:05 PM
Right on you 2 guys above ;)

If Holden release a 2 door VE, I can assure you that one of those TT mental monsters will be mine :D

I had an APS TT kit ready to go, as I've mentioned above, but put it on ice for now.....would really prefer the VE platform as it will be able to handle all that monster V8 grunt much better as cybermonkey has correctly pointed out above ;)

bornwild
7th November 2006, 09:48 AM
I'd like to see ~500kw on the road with a 3yr manufacturers warranty, with services every 15000km. Call me when that happens....from Holden.......or any non-german for that matter.

PaulyJ
7th November 2006, 12:18 PM
DAEWOO MATIZ... being dropped out of a plane at 40,000 feet...

PaulyJ
7th November 2006, 12:20 PM
Looking at that video again, it would have definately quicker times with some proper suspension, especially at the rear. That thing almost bottomed out.

xplosv57
7th November 2006, 03:32 PM
I'd like to see ~500kw on the road with a 3yr manufacturers warranty, with services every 15000km. Call me when that happens....from Holden.......or any non-german for that matter.

And call me when Mercedes builds a 500kW car that ordinary people can afford!!! :think:

By the way the most powerful Mercedes (AMG SL65) is 450kW which is a twin turbo V12!!! I know of twin turbo LS2 V8s with more power and factory internals!! :dance:

I work for a German car company and as much as its awesome to see big power out of these cars, the customer sure as hell pays for it!! :eek:

Most of us ordinary people will never get a chance to own an expensive exotic so im happy there are places which make performance parts which an everyday person can buy and slap onto their daily driver SS or XR6/8!! :clap:

Wraith
7th November 2006, 06:51 PM

Phone no. please :D hahahaha, just kidding of course :p

But did you know Walkinshaw performance currently offer a supercharger upgrade kit for VE's which puts power at over 400kw - maybe it's only a matter of time before it goes higher to that magical 500kw mark you want above :)

P.S. very true those points made by Xplosv57 above ;) but I hope and pray possibly in vain that one day I'll be the proud owner of a Lambo Gallardo :pray:

Apex
8th November 2006, 06:45 AM
6.0L + Bi-Turbo = 380kw?

WTF:wtf:

Awesome Commodore, and so early in is development.
if that car is producing 380kw at the treads (a standard Sri Turbo pumps out 100kw) on standard internals, im guessing it would be a very mild tune and intern would be a usable every day car, providing you didn’t mind forking out for its horrendous gas bill. I think a supercharger kit would be much more cost affective and it would be easier to return to stock if need be.

bornwild
8th November 2006, 11:08 AM
That's the point I was making about why they are so expensive. You can go 2yrs thrashing the sh*t out of the merc and the warranty will cover any wrong-going.....and all that at 450kw and 1000nm of torque.

Anywho, I don't wanna make this a Germany vs Rest Of World debate, back to that 380kw commodore, that everyone claims to be brand new. The basic architecture of that engine is probably 30 or so yrs old, isn't it? A few revisions here and there to brush up the fuel consumption?

ps. the 450kw from the merc are out of a 5.5L V12

bornwild
8th November 2006, 11:12 AM
Why not Twincharge a 3.0L V6, they'll be pumping out 400kw no worries with the fuel consumption of their current sixers'. :D :D

oneightoo
8th November 2006, 11:44 AM
off topic but..

my cousins bf has one, he is a tool, but the car is awesome..

Apex
8th November 2006, 11:55 AM
That's the point I was making about why they are so expensive. You can go 2yrs thrashing the sh*t out of the merc and the warranty will cover any wrong-going.....and all that at 450kw and 1000nm of torque.

Anywho, I don't wanna make this a Germany vs Rest Of World debate, back to that 380kw commodore, that everyone claims to be brand new. The basic architecture of that engine is probably 30 or so yrs old, isn't it? A few revisions here and there to brush up the fuel consumption?

:eek: Mate an M-B S65 AMG costs $450,000 you can buy ten Commodores for that.

It’s like comparing a caravan to the taj mahal?

mr_sikma
8th November 2006, 12:02 PM
pretty impressive to get a 2-tonne car doing 11s after a few months!

most mercs are ugly...

end of story!!!

xplosv57
8th November 2006, 07:57 PM
........You can go 2yrs thrashing the sh*t out of the merc and the warranty will cover any wrong-going.....

HAHAHAHA not the case my friend!!! I work for a dealership, we've had numerous customers try to make a claim after they've thrashed their cars, sorry but they don't get 1 cent because they've raped the crap out of the car!!! Dealers aren't as dumb as ppl think, washing the rubber off the guards and slapping new tyres on the car isn't gonna hide anything, all we do is plug into the car computer and voila, tells us everything we need to know down to every little detail!!!

cybermonkey
8th November 2006, 11:17 PM

No, the C/CL/SL/SLK55 uses the 5.4/5.5 V8 which is 265-380kW depending on model. the big hitters like the CL65/S65/SL65 use the TT 6.0 V12 rated at 450kW :)

PaulyJ
8th November 2006, 11:55 PM
yeah, but that 450kw is NOT at the wheels.
I'm sure if Holden/GM/Chev whatever engineered a N/A 6.0L V8 to produce 450KW like the Merc... they definately wouldn't be charging as much as Merc.

Mate, any car company IF they wanted to, could produce a car with similar power outputs like the 65 Merc, but they dont want to, and the general public simply cant afford it.
I really cant see your argument here, or your point... maybe because there is none.

With enough money, my 1.4L 8v SOHC could produce 451kw...

Wraith
9th November 2006, 12:58 PM
Long live Pauly :dance:

Point being I couldn't agree more ;)

Seriously no offence, BUT, with a little research as I mentioned in my first post on this thread, Bornwild's first and repeating comments/degrading of a fantastic Aussie car and V8 engine with a fantastic forced induction upgrade would never have been made.........:wall:

Mr T
9th November 2006, 02:43 PM
With enough money, my 1.4L 8v SOHC could produce 451kw...

I hope you find that $12,500 you need for the 45.1KW upgrade...;)

It's not bad but ay...bolt on turbo kit, 380KW atw (stock is about 200KW atw)...and costs how much?

bornwild
9th November 2006, 04:50 PM
The only argument that I have is not even an argument. I was saying that 380kW out of a 6.0L engine is **** compared to Lancer FQR400 300kW out of the 2.0L engine.

End of story, jeez

oneightoo
9th November 2006, 05:19 PM
but i think you'll find the potential for more power out of the 6L is going to be far greater than that of the 2L..

Roquefort
9th November 2006, 05:41 PM
Still how much money would it take to get 380rwkw in a EVO?
Anyway 380rwkw are not big numbers when fiddling around with the LS1,LS2,L76,L98.
There are Commodores running around with in excess of 510rwkw, street driven.
I would hope to see 400-450rwkw in the near future.

cybermonkey
9th November 2006, 05:44 PM
The only argument that I have is not even an argument. I was saying that 380kW out of a 6.0L engine is **** compared to Lancer FQR400 300kW out of the 2.0L engine.

End of story, jeez

i think you should quit while you are behind :p an FQR400 does not produce 300kW at the wheels does it... more like 250kW once transmission losses are taken into account with the AWD system.

Blue_Dvl
9th November 2006, 07:25 PM
you guys are comparing big money FACTORY AMG Mercedes, with completely aftermarket modified low budget vehicles.... no comparison really, both due to sheer monetry value and overall driveability.

I would place a fair slab of money on an EVO with similar money worth modifications as that VE. And go further to say it would be far more driveable than that somewhat unstable VE.

Hey Xplosiv... Didnt the 6.0L makes its 1st debut in th VZ series???

xplosv57
9th November 2006, 07:48 PM
I would place a fair slab of money on an EVO with similar money worth modifications as that VE. And go further to say it would be far more driveable than that somewhat unstable VE.

Well i guess its all to their own, i love my V8s so im gonna stick up for them!! Evos suffer bad from turbo lag and would need alot more work to get 380kW at the treads!! One good thing about the VE is that Holden has worked immensly on its handling, so don't imagine it being like a floaty boat thing like previous ones, the new ones are pretty stable!!

To answer your question, yes the VZ series 2 was released with a 6.0L V8 codenamed L76, the VE was then released with a 6.0L also but is slightly different to the VZ 6.0, that was codenamed L98, and the HSV range has a different 6.0l too, the LS2, all nice and confusing i hope LOL!!!! :p

cybermonkey
9th November 2006, 09:29 PM
you guys are comparing big money FACTORY AMG Mercedes, with completely aftermarket modified low budget vehicles.... no comparison really, both due to sheer monetry value and overall driveability.

why would it not be drive-able :confused: i reckon it would be just like a normal VE under 3kRPM

Mr T
10th November 2006, 10:47 AM
why would it not be drive-able :confused: i reckon it would be just like a normal VE under 3kRPM

It would be just like a normal VE when ever it is off boost...the other 95% of it's life.