PDA

View Full Version : Victorian Photoshoot with interstate guests - Saturday January 13th, 2007

PaulyJ
2nd November 2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted my Mat in the Vic Forums

=======

Ok guys, we've decided to kick off the new year with a *bang* with the Photo Shoot! :dance:

Date: Saturday 13th January 2007
Meet Time: 5pm, photo's will start being taking at dusk and sunset.
Meet Point: North Road Beach, Brighton. Melways Ref 67 C7 (Large car park by the beach and boat ramp at the end of North Road)

We will take photos here and then move on up the Esplanade to the docks for a secret location at the docks :shhh:

Wolf, Wayne and Pauly will be taking photos but obviously feel free to take your own photos as well!

There will also be video recording on the night, interviews with owners etc, as the footage will be made into a Vic.OpelAus members DVD.

To register your interest, please put your name on the list in the Vic Forums: Victorian Photoshoot (http://vic.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480)

Cheers
Mat

PaulyJ
15th November 2006, 12:18 AM
For those members in NSW, ACT and SA, we'd like you to come along for this special event. I know we have some awesome cars out there, and this is our chance to show the Australian car scene what we're about.

For those of you who are seriously interested in attending, please email me some awesome photo's of your cars, and details of whats been done.

Please help me make this happen. If you can help in any other way, it would really be appreciated. This will be great exposure for the club, and an awesome event.

Please email photo's and details to: [email protected] ([email protected])

Cheers Pauly

oneightoo
15th November 2006, 12:24 AM
oooooh can i drive down for this? hehe

PaulyJ
15th November 2006, 12:27 AM
of course you can
and i'm seriously not joking

EL BURITO
15th November 2006, 12:29 AM
oooooh can i drive down for this? hehe
you cant drive 2 cars at once.

THats really cool paul.

PaulyJ
15th November 2006, 12:30 AM
Ok, so who interstate would be interested in road-tripping it down?

EL BURITO
15th November 2006, 12:36 AM
work i am havin 11 days off for the purpose of driving to Victoria. bet that would go down well. sorry cant justifie it.
wonder how my car would fair driving accross the country

oneightoo
15th November 2006, 12:36 AM
id be keen, but i cant see it happening at that time of year unfortunatley..

PaulyJ
15th November 2006, 12:40 AM
i know people from WA, QLD and NT 99% wont make it. SA, NSW and ACT are closer, and do-able.
Ok, no more :spam:

Please only post if you can attend or help out in any way.

Cheers,

Pauly

Wraith
15th November 2006, 08:51 AM
I going to try and attend this one guys, I see on the Vic forums there's quite a long list of people taking part :)

Just waiting on confirmation of an overseas flight booking - I'll be taking off on either the 7th or 16th of Jan. and headding off for 4 weeks :D

If it's the latter I'm there ;)

Diabolical
15th November 2006, 01:32 PM
I was actually planning on going down to Victoria around that time for a little holiday (I was born down there), so if I'm heading down at that time, I'll let you know.

GreyRex
16th November 2006, 02:51 PM
Wow that's even more of an incentive to come. I'll def be there. *Note to self... must get car polished before event* lol.

mr_sikma
20th November 2006, 01:31 PM
pauly check ya pm mate ;)

PaulyJ
20th November 2006, 08:25 PM
i have... sounds good :D

InsaneAsylum
20th November 2006, 08:50 PM
yeah my arm is sore from all of pauly's twisting! :)

mr corsa
20th November 2006, 08:59 PM
http://www.sportcompact.net.au/img/icnArrowGrey.gifRd 2 - January 13, 2007

http://www.sportcompact.net.au/img/allSpacer.gifSummer Slam, Heathcote Park Raceway, VIC

We are happy to confirm that Round 2 of the Sport Compact Group Drag Racing Series will be held at Heathcote Park Raceway (http://www.heathcoteraceway.com.au/).

i know where im going :dance:

mr_sikma
20th November 2006, 09:59 PM

http://www.sportcompact.net.au/img/allSpacer.gifSummer Slam, Heathcote Park Raceway, VIC

We are happy to confirm that Round 2 of the Sport Compact Group Drag Racing Series will be held at Heathcote Park Raceway (http://www.heathcoteraceway.com.au/).

please tell me your actually racing!!??!! :D

MatsHolden
20th November 2006, 10:32 PM

I'm heading out there in a couple of weeks in the AH Turbo for a Test n Tune, if you're putting yours down the strip in the Sport Compact series on Jan 13 i'll try to get out there and back in time for the photoshoot!

PaulyJ
20th November 2006, 11:03 PM
Mat, i'm gonna need you during the day tho...

MatsHolden
20th November 2006, 11:07 PM
Mat, i'm gonna need you during the day tho...

Yeh no worries, no chance I'd get out to Heathcote and back and detail my car in time... hahahaha wishful thinking on my behalf! I'm all yours... well so to speak. haha

mr_sikma
21st November 2006, 09:23 PM
how far is the drags from the photoshoot?

is there much accomodation around the place? like a holiday house or soemthing near the beach?

MatsHolden
21st November 2006, 10:24 PM
how far is the drags from the photoshoot?

is there much accomodation around the place? like a holiday house or soemthing near the beach?

A LONG way. It's about 140km. Heathcote's located in central Victoria in the sticks. Our photoshoot's down south of Melbourne and close to Melbourne right next to Port Philip Bay (2 locations) Won't find many holiday houses that far up the bay, but there's definately accomodation around.

3xion
22nd November 2006, 07:16 AM
nsw here would head down

who is keen to chuck in petty and other costs

i have 2 seats comfy .. they would need bums in them otherwise i dont think i could make it .

entice
23rd November 2006, 11:22 AM
Hrmm..

so which car to bring... The AH Wagon, the G convertible, or the 124 sport?

that's a tough question..

I know which one will stand out!

PaulyJ
28th November 2006, 12:26 AM
nope, so i'll be ringing them tomorrow... damn its after 12... will be calling them today when i wake up.

mr_sikma
28th November 2006, 05:20 PM
wat they say?

PaulyJ
28th November 2006, 11:46 PM
nothing, couldn't get in touch with him.
will try again 2moro.

mr_sikma
29th November 2006, 07:30 PM
i am bored, so any news.

og and thanks for the avatar! i will change it now.

PaulyJ
29th November 2006, 07:38 PM
no news
i called, left a message, no reply

mr_sikma
29th November 2006, 07:52 PM
have you contacted ignition dvd or fast fours?

they are together i reckon. mite be worth a try?

MatsHolden
29th November 2006, 07:53 PM
have you contacted ignition dvd or fast fours?

they are together i reckon. mite be worth a try?

Keep trying

mr_sikma
29th November 2006, 07:55 PM
Any news yet?

PaulyJ
10th January 2007, 12:49 AM
Considering this event is this Saturday 13th Jan, I just want to see if there are any other members wishing to attend.

We've hit over 40 people having put there names down to attend, making this the largest OpelAus event ever. If you want to be a part of history (hehe that sounds so lame), come down. I can promise you that it'll be a night to remember.

Regards,
Pauly

SIMid
10th January 2007, 10:53 AM
I might come, but my Cali needs a good wash and polish. Yeah, been a little lazy.

:^p

MatsHolden
10th January 2007, 12:26 PM
I might come, but my Cali needs a good wash and polish. Yeah, been a little lazy.

:^p

Come mate. I'm washing mine and polishing it after work on Friday night! lol

InsaneAsylum
10th January 2007, 12:51 PM

steve bracks is polishing my car with his water saving asshole

PaulyJ
10th January 2007, 12:54 PM
steve bracks is polishing my car with his water saving asshole

Contender for Quote of the Year!
ROFLMAO!

SIMid
10th January 2007, 01:22 PM

The problem is that the car washes (timed ones) near me wont let you take yr own bucket and sponge (already had a car wash rage) and I only use their brush to cleans the rims. I gotta find somewhere that they will let me take my cleaning goodies without people cracking it. *LOL*

PaulyJ
10th January 2007, 01:35 PM
what area are you in?

entice
10th January 2007, 09:41 PM
i'll try be there... might bring the oldie for a run before the racv run . what time does it move on to the 2nd location?.. family commitments u see

PaulyJ
10th January 2007, 09:47 PM
Roughly about 9-9:30

MatsHolden
11th January 2007, 12:44 AM
The problem is that the car washes (timed ones) near me wont let you take yr own bucket and sponge (already had a car wash rage) and I only use their brush to cleans the rims. I gotta find somewhere that they will let me take my cleaning goodies without people cracking it. *LOL*

Yeh they don't let you do hand washing with a bucket and sponge at my local one but that's why I'm going at like 1am after work, coz there is know one there!

SIMid
11th January 2007, 08:31 AM
Yeh they don't let you do hand washing with a bucket and sponge at my local one but that's why I'm going at like 1am after work, coz there is know one there!

I Live in Mill Park. Thinking I might head down to the wash around 7am, then noone will bust me chops! But I'll probably come, but not for the whole evening.

PaulyJ
11th January 2007, 10:17 AM
Thats fine
dont have to stay for the whole event

missxc
13th January 2007, 11:20 AM
So the famous, history making 'Opelaus photoshoot' is today. Hope you all have fun and I want to see lots of photo's tomorrow. Wish I could have been there!

MatsHolden
14th January 2007, 01:45 PM
So the famous, history making 'Opelaus photoshoot' is today. Hope you all have fun and I want to see lots of photo's tomorrow. Wish I could have been there!

Yep, it was fantastic!:D

EL BURITO
14th January 2007, 08:31 PM
Yep, it was fantastic!:D
now give those of us who dont live in Vic some pics

CJB
14th January 2007, 08:32 PM
*drools for pics*

MatsHolden
14th January 2007, 08:58 PM
now give those of us who dont live in Vic some pics

There's another thread mate dedicated to pics. :dance: