PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline Rear Sway Bar Fitted!

lowey22
1st November 2006, 01:11 PM
I fitted my rear sway bar (went non-adjustable) on the weekend (with a bit of help from a friend and the appropriate tools).

The difference is quite noticable, so much firmer and far less roll. The back just tucks into the corners. Handles beautifully. Oh yea :dance:

I must say though, the bar does seem to sit quite low where it attaches to the underside of the springs. Also it seems to make a groaning noise sometimes, or maybe thats my suspension getting used to the stiffness?

nadg63
1st November 2006, 01:17 PM
You're correct, it does sit real low, I thought the same thing when mine was fitted, was sure something was wrong - but that's how they are.

auzvectra
1st November 2006, 03:52 PM
nowhere else to put it :), aftermarket, so they didnt take it into consideration in the design process, thus it needs to hang underneath.

EL BURITO
1st November 2006, 03:54 PM
my groans on the RHS rear shock had it looked at they said nothing was wrong.

blueraven
1st November 2006, 03:56 PM
might want to be careful, i know of some that got done by the cops for being "too low", and it was the sway bar linkages that put him under...

that said, i have been pulled over and they didnt give a crap about it...
I havent had any creaking/groaning, even at the track....

auzvectra
1st November 2006, 04:08 PM
it's pretty well hidden behind the wheel but.

lowey22
1st November 2006, 04:21 PM
cool, thanks.

Yeah it is hidden pretty well from the side. i was walking up to the car from behind and it was pretty noticable and that's with a rear skirt on the car, although it doesn't sit that low.

what is the legal ride height? mine is lowered but only 20mm. clearance under the linkages doesn't look too bad, ive seen cars much lower.

CJB
1st November 2006, 04:22 PM
Cool Lowey!!!! :)

EL BURITO
1st November 2006, 04:36 PM
lowerst point to be 100mm off ground

EL BURITO
1st November 2006, 04:51 PM
just been out side with the tape messure and i have abour 14cm from the bar

JasonGilholme
1st November 2006, 05:23 PM
Make sure you greased the bushes enough. They will cause a groan if they're dry!

auzvectra
1st November 2006, 05:23 PM
it's on the control arm anyway, so the tyre size is what makes the height of it :).
legal height in qld is 100mm, which is the exact height of king spring lows.
the which are 10mm lower than sri's, and 30mm lower than stock.

R3N
1st November 2006, 05:29 PM
mine's rattling... could do with some tightening me thinks!

lowey22
1st November 2006, 05:31 PM
would deffinitely have 100mm clearance to the arm. we greased the bushes up really well, might get under there and have a gander...

as for tightening it, i gather you can just get under there and tighten it? you dont have to take off the wheels or anything?

EL BURITO
1st November 2006, 05:32 PM
no just tighten the nuts

JR
3rd November 2006, 10:10 AM
mine groans aswell, but only when i'm jacking up the car - say the front left or right.
its cause the sway bar is trying to 'level' the back while i prop it up.

hence i always jack up both sides now, that way the sway bar doesn't have to try n 'level' the back, cause the car is lifted equally on both sides up front.

so u enjoying the new ride style? i bet ur loving it. :D

lowey22
3rd November 2006, 02:56 PM
yeah, the main time it groans is when im going over speed bumps on an angle, there is one where i live that is in a funny spot that you cant go straight over. i have to go over it every time i leave or come home.

yea, i am loving the ride, the back tucks in better than the front. im getting bew tyres next week, so it will be even better.