PDA

View Full Version : astra g electrics....

Insubordinate
31st October 2006, 10:47 PM
well, i have an astra g sri turbo and was wondering if there were any mods available for the following:

1. windows close on hold of LOCK on key (i'm pretty sure this is on the astra convertible)
2. lights turn on when the car is unlocked (like the commodores), and turn off when the door is opened after the car has been turned off.

it's all electric so i'm figuring there would have to be some sort of mod that would make these possible. and if there is these kind of mods or simlar, can someone point me in the right direction...

Noir
31st October 2006, 10:56 PM
Ahh I think Clint can help you with the first one. He sells the closure kit. :)

Wraith
1st November 2006, 12:46 PM
Yep, the convertibles have point 1

With regard to point 2, are you talking interior or exterior lights ?

Insubordinate
1st November 2006, 01:01 PM
Point 1 taken care of with Clint's Total Closure Unit

Point 2 - exterior lights... my interior one fades up... but i was hoping there was some way for my parkers and drivin lights to come on when the car is unlocked. (ie i don't want to turn them on manually). and also that they turn off when you take the key out of the ignition or turn off automatically after the turbotimer turns off.
hope that makes sense. i've been caught out a few times leaving my parkers on because the warming chime doesn't work while the car is still running (with the turbo timer...)

Wraith
1st November 2006, 01:11 PM
mmmm, I see, I'm sure if you approached an autosparky, he could 'rig' something up for you to do all that :)

imay
1st November 2006, 02:47 PM
Discuss point 2 with Clint as well. I believe he is still working on a mod that can/will/might be able to do what you want . . . . and a whole lot more!
Read through this http://opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6133&highlight=total+closure and see if that's what you want.

Hopefully Clint is going to come with something for us convertible owners, too!

JasonGilholme
1st November 2006, 03:33 PM
Just hook the fog lights/parkers up to something that is only on when the engine is runnin.

auzvectra
1st November 2006, 03:50 PM
yeah as jase said, put the supply power to the lights switch through a relay thats tripped by the ign power.
that will stop them from bieng on, and if you want the lights to come on when u unlock the car (i just thought of this while reading this, so no thought into it), install a zeiner diode between the interiour light and the parkers wire.
thet means that the parkers/taillights will be on when the interior light is, so when u unlock it, and before u lock it.