PDA

View Full Version : You've been spotted!

Rhino
14th May 2004, 01:34 PM
Has anyone thought about the merits of doing up flyers for the club?

Something along the lines of:

[align=center:fbf6117de4]You've been spotted by the
Opel Australia Car Club

Visit www.opelaus.com for technical advice, to meet new friends,
participate in club events and cruises... and it's all free![/align:fbf6117de4]

Blah blah. Something short and sweet that you could have in your glovebox to hand out or stick on a windscreen if you see a nice beastie.

anicorsa
14th May 2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah, Frankie has made up some flyers. They're on the old msn message board somewhere.

http://groups.msn.com/opelaustralia

anicorsa
14th May 2004, 01:38 PM
Found them!

http://groups.msn.com/opelaustralia/justasquick.msnw

Anonymous
14th May 2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah i've been using the opelaus flyer for ages... Have about 20 in the car, and another 20 in my uni bag.

FlySri
14th May 2004, 05:38 PM
I think that would be a good idea for gettin more people my my side of the city!!! There are so many opels that I get a sore neck!!!! :)

Anonymous
14th May 2004, 07:26 PM
Fly, what area you in?

Corsa
17th May 2004, 12:40 AM
I don't know about other states but it is now Illegal in NSW to put any form of advertising material on peoples cars because the majority of it becomes litter.
Corsa

anicorsa
17th May 2004, 12:51 AM
Its also illegal to put posters on telegraph poles, but thats not stopping anyone.. :wink:

There must've been at least 3 occasions this past few months where i have gotten an Autosalon flyer on my windscreen.

mixmelb
17th May 2004, 01:19 AM
Go opelaus.com!!!

blackSRi
17th May 2004, 01:39 AM
What Corsa says is correct for WA too. We had a chat on this on the old site - just be aware that councils will prosecute the org on the flyer (and the distributor as well if they can) - do we have indemnity insurance?
I find a chat thru the open window of my car works better - or just the sticker on the rear window of my car.

Litter Act 1979 6/Jul/1998 - Current
Part IV - Prevention of litter
24A Bill posting
(2) Any person who leaves or posts a bill on or in any unoccupied vehicle in a public place commits an offence unless the bill is left or posted with the consent of the owner or person in charge of the vehicle.
Penalty: $1 000.

Anonymous
17th May 2004, 06:29 AM
they need to figure out which individual did it first.....
they cant fine opelaus because we aint a registered organisation :twisted:

FlySri
17th May 2004, 08:02 AM
Fly, what area you in?

I'm around Tulla, Keilor, Sunbury mostly. Their are just so many opels !!