PDA

View Full Version : whats diff between opel vxr and vauxhall vxr and why holden not bring vauxhall vxr in

Cheetahs
30th October 2006, 10:20 AM
hi everyone, what the diff between opel opc vxr and uk vauxhall vxr, why holden didnt bring in? isnt australia condition is same or close to uk vaxuhall condition??

Wraith
30th October 2006, 01:04 PM
mmmmm, not quite following what your saying/asking here, :confused: but I believe the AH HSV VXR which will be sold here soon is the same as the Vauxhall VXR.

Cheetahs
30th October 2006, 01:27 PM
mate, I mean what the diff between Opel OPC and Vaxuhall VXR , I know the one in model show are with opel condition. with opel steeling and opel sound system. but why holden didnt bring the uk vaxuhall VXR and bring the opel opc in ..

Greg K
30th October 2006, 01:33 PM
you will prob find that all the astra h are made at the same factory..
the hsv vxr is the UK spec vxr in terms of engine/transmission components,

they only put the opc dash as the vxr is in mp/h and not km/h..
holden will hopefully have the second series with vxr insrtument panels

Cheetahs
30th October 2006, 01:37 PM
mate what do u think of 2.2 astra 4 doors and couple? is possible holden will bring the vaxuhall astra full range to sales in australia and more astra disesl model?? do u think price of astra are beat VW ?

Wraith
30th October 2006, 01:38 PM
Oh I see :)

Yes hopefully we'll get the km/h dash, as I've written in another thread, I don't think too much of the mp/h dash on the VXR's currently in the showrooms.

CAL.16V
30th October 2006, 02:43 PM
different suspension.. one had lotus suspension., thinnk it was teh opc and tehe other had soem other suspension

aussie_in_london
31st October 2006, 12:28 AM
difference

most noticeable, well only noticeable, the badging lol

chassie is the difference, OPC varients ride on the ids+ cdc electronic chassie set up which is nice for smooth tarmac whch if you ever drive in Germany they know how to spend the fuel tax's on roads : ) and Vxl consulted and brought in Lotus (Gavin Kershaw) to set up the VXR (passive chassie)) due to British roads being to harsh for the ids+ set up, so the difference is chassie and suspension, everything else is the same

Red AH SRI T
31st October 2006, 07:43 AM
Oh I see :)

Yes hopefully we'll get the km/h dash, as I've written in another thread, I don't think too much of the mp/h dash on the VXR's currently in the showrooms.

The dash in VXR's in OZ is KM/H not MP/H

nadg63
31st October 2006, 06:36 PM
The steering wheel also tends to be on the opposite side! Vauxhall are UK, whereas Opel covers the rest of Europe who drive on the other side - but then again I suppose they might sell genuine right hand drive Opels somewhere in the world!?

MK
31st October 2006, 07:27 PM
Opel sell their cars in Ireland, Japan and Asia...you also find Opel cars (most likely imported from Japan) in NZ...all the above are right hand drive.

aussie_in_london
31st October 2006, 08:49 PM
thats right republic of Ireland drive around in rhd OPC astra's and so soon will South Africa