PDA

View Full Version : VXR Drive!

sri48u
28th October 2006, 06:43 AM
Took a VXR for a drive yesterday,WOW! Goes hard and is very resposive. Handles so much better than my TS Turbo,the brakes were awesome! My only concern was the size,it seems so much smaller inside than the TS? Could be time for a trade in?!

aussie_in_london
28th October 2006, 09:30 AM
Could be time for a trade in?!

you know its right : )

RudeOne
28th October 2006, 04:29 PM
you know its right : )

its the only option - *waves hand in front of face & uses the power of the jedi*

auzvectra
28th October 2006, 07:35 PM
so how many VXR's are they bringing in?
i was told that the first 150 in aus will have an opel badge on the steering wheel, and opc on the speedo.

Shaun
29th October 2006, 05:13 PM
so how many VXR's are they bringing in?
i was told that the first 150 in aus will have an opel badge on the steering wheel, and opc on the speedo.

They all will have Opel Bitz and OPC dash according to what i was told today at the Sydney Motorshow

auzvectra
29th October 2006, 06:33 PM
i wish i had opc on the speedo :(.

Shaun
29th October 2006, 06:58 PM
i wish i had opc on the speedo :(.

They had them for the TS. Can get them from overseas i think in KM/H form

aussie_in_london
29th October 2006, 08:52 PM
They all will have Opel Bitz and OPC dash according to what i was told today at the Sydney Motorshow

blends in nicely with the VXR logos : )))))))))))
mentality of the germans!

auzvectra
29th October 2006, 08:56 PM
yeah, but thats more money :(, i would rather save for something else, like a turbo :)
any1 know how much the speedo is?

SSS_Hoon
29th October 2006, 09:03 PM
i seen one today and the OPC and opel bits took the HSV appeal away from it and i would be pissed as already stated.

SSS_Hoon

auzvectra
29th October 2006, 09:17 PM
makes it easier for a rebadge :).
then no1 can say this isnt an opc why would you badge it as 1 :D

vectraguy01
29th October 2006, 09:42 PM
only the first 150 in aust have the opel steering wheel sign, the new batches wont have them, took 1 for a test drive yesterday, noticed it had alot or torque steer, worse than the ts sri-t remap even, great leather recardo seats in them too.

vectraguy01
29th October 2006, 09:44 PM
oh as well, when i was looking under the bonnet, i couldnt seem to find the intercooler so it isnt in the same position as the ts version.

Shaun
29th October 2006, 10:10 PM
blends in nicely with the VXR logos : )))))))))))
mentality of the germans!

Yeah i know. But 300 a year dont justify them doing the wheel and dash. Talk to Stu Mate. he informed me whats going on on a PM the other day

aussie_in_london
30th October 2006, 12:12 AM
i know the reasoning behind it, the same as the blue brake calipers, all comes doen to what is cpst effective but then the VXR clusters have km's also so cant see the problem

Wraith
30th October 2006, 01:19 PM
Yeh, I too went and checked one out last weekend - Booran Holden in Dandenong have a black one.

I was dissapointed to see the 'half hearted' job of the logo's.

If it's gonna be a HSV, then for heavens sakes put HSV badges everywhere !!!

It looks ridiculous having both Opel and HSV on it, one or the other please.

Personally I don't like the mph dominent speedo, hopefully later future batches will have all this stuff fixed up.

Dash/console looked very plain and ordinary to me as well - best part of the interior are those beautiful front Recaro seats.

I too was told that only the initial batch of '100' will be this way, then told that only 100 will be available :confused: here we go again with GMH reps talking crap.........

IMO HSV will try and sell as many as they can, although with the pricing and quality of other hot hatches out there, I don't think they'll move large numbers of VXR's.

OPC
30th October 2006, 05:28 PM
i seen one today and the OPC and opel bits took the HSV appeal away from it and i would be pissed as already stated.

SSS_Hoon

id be more pissed that my girlfriends car is faster than mine ;)

Wattie
30th October 2006, 05:39 PM
boom tish hehe

PaulyJ
30th October 2006, 05:43 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

RudeOne
30th October 2006, 06:01 PM
i know the reasoning behind it, the same as the blue brake calipers, all comes doen to what is cpst effective but then the VXR clusters have km's also so cant see the problem

mate ppl keep talking about torque steer, what are your thoughts of torque steer on the standard setup, i have been driving mine for a month and do not believe torque steer is a problem or is present.. maybe a touch at full throtle and clutch dropping ?????

OPC
30th October 2006, 06:25 PM
yeah i dont have trouble with torque steer... never had it with the old one either... even with the chip

SSS_Hoon
30th October 2006, 07:52 PM

that is bcoz your shallow hehehehe.

anyway yeah her car is faster and better then mine, but im a man and can admit to it and dont need a fast car to prove to myself that yeah im still a man......

its more fun when your out on the GWH and you smash a bogan then they find out its a chick driving and all their mates laugh at them for losing to a girl its priceless i tell you.

and i get too drive it too so cannot complain...(was out on sat looking for you but you were not there) so a few wrx's and a sportivo had to suffice our cravings....

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon
30th October 2006, 07:53 PM
yeah i dont have trouble with torque steer... never had it with the old one either... even with the chip

that is bcoz you dont know how to drive your old car or your new one then if you have never experienced torque steer in either car...

its there you must just pass it off as power instead of torque steer.

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
31st October 2006, 12:21 AM
mate ppl keep talking about torque steer, what are your thoughts of torque steer on the standard setup, i have been driving mine for a month and do not believe torque steer is a problem or is present.. maybe a touch at full throtle and clutch dropping ?????

in all honesty i have had no major issues with any fwd turbos i have owned, all suffer with torque steer to some extent but never where i thought it was a handful;, actually it adds to the fun of driving a fwd hot hatch, the way i put it, if my wife can handle a VXR on track (which she can) and hard on open b-roads and hasnt complained then it aint much of an issue
: ))))))))

PaulyJ
31st October 2006, 12:27 AM
You let her drive the VXR? :wtf: :wall: :doh: :naughty:

aussie_in_london
31st October 2006, 12:36 AM
yeah it is her car also,
she has driven on a race track the entire VXR range from the monaro through to meriva so she can handle our VXR very well : )

Wraith
31st October 2006, 09:56 AM
in all honesty i have had no major issues with any fwd turbos i have owned, all suffer with torque steer to some extent but never where i thought it was a handful;, actually it adds to the fun of driving a fwd hot hatch, the way i put it, if my wife can handle a VXR on track (which she can) and hard on open b-roads and hasnt complained then it aint much of an issue
: ))))))))

On the whole torque steer subject, I totally agree with the above !!

Never had an undesirable issue with my mapped Astra T.

Really don't know what the prob is with people who have 'uncontrollable' torque steer issues with the kind of power levels we have with these cars.

If it were lots more power and torque - maybe so and maybe in very wet slippery conditions, otherwise it's not a real drama at all......

PaulyJ
31st October 2006, 11:51 AM
I just feel that people who constantly experience torque steer simply dont know how to drive and control their car properly.

OPC
31st October 2006, 02:15 PM
that is bcoz you dont know how to drive your old car or your new one then if you have never experienced torque steer in either car...

its there you must just pass it off as power instead of torque steer.

SSS_Hoon

you obviously have issues with your missus having a faster car than you damo...

after all you needed to have a shot at me twice in this thread...

back on topic...

aussie_in_london
31st October 2006, 08:52 PM
I just feel that people who constantly experience torque steer simply dont know how to drive and control their car properly.

also many confuse tramlining and road cambers as torque steer!

Epiphany
31st October 2006, 09:38 PM
they are really quick cars ;) ive test driven a british (UK) astra VXR and a Vectra VXR, they are reeeeeeeealy quick. and well worth their money :)