PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Q.

Diabolical
26th October 2006, 10:34 PM
Was thinking of getting some new springs fitted to the Barina (Corsa C) over the next couple of days, was thinking though, is just putting some stiffer springs on stock setup alright?

Also wanted to know what springs you would recommend for the thing, where abouts in Sydney would be recommended to buy and fit them (don't have the proper tools, really don't wanna get slapped in the face by a loose spring) and how much would I be expecting to pay (would prefer to stick around 500, but I can put in a little more).

hmm that kinda ended up being more than one question, anyway, thanks!

dustbug
26th October 2006, 11:09 PM
I went to K-Mac in rockdale. $500-$550 fitted. You take your car there, show them the height you want your car to sit, they'll go through the drop height with you and they make the springs custom while your car is there. Normally takes around 3-4 hours to make and fit totally custom.

I'm pretty happy with them. You can also tell them how stiff or soft you want them to be. Pretty much total custom springs for your needs.

http://www.k-mac.com.au/

Diabolical
26th October 2006, 11:14 PM
Awesome thanks, that's the next suburb over, funny I havn't noticed them there yet. I'll probably check it out tommorow.

The Don
27th October 2006, 07:46 AM
Hey mate, I got eibach fitted to standard shocks, lowering my car roughly 30mm. It handles very nicely, but the ride is rough - you can feel every ridge in the road. If you can handle it, so be it - but in the long run I'll be looking at either changing shocks or going for coilovers but this is a long term plan :)

Diabolical
27th October 2006, 09:08 AM
Hey,
Yeah, pretty much same as myself, once I have some more money, the rest will be done. I don't mind a rough ride, actually I prefer it, soft rides don't do much for me. Thanks

dustbug
27th October 2006, 11:29 AM
My mate has coilovers in his Skyline R32 GTS-T and i find that so much more bumpy then my spring and he has stock rims. But its a different feel altogether. The coilovers make the ride bouncy while new springs make it hard.

My car got drop 2.5" (62.5mm) rear and 3" (75mm) front. Where turning the steering on lock, the tyres do not touch the bumper either. So i'm pretty happy with this.

EL BURITO
27th October 2006, 11:36 AM
i have Eibach pro springs, its just over a 30mm drop all round, little more at the rear cos of the install but handles well even better since i put the sway bar in. all good ay, springs were about $530+ pluss fitting but i had to pay fright as well from NSW but that would not be as much for u i guess