PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about KW Suspension

Lt Ketch
26th October 2006, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know if "KW Suspension" as supplied by these people http://www.inmotive.com.au/ is any good?

PaulyJ
26th October 2006, 03:52 PM
Yes, KW is a good brand.
Solid reputation.

Lt Ketch
26th October 2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks PaulyJ, I emailed them today just to see what they were charging and the Variant 2 (for a VecB) was a good $300 less than the quote I got last year for the equivalent Koni package! If you wanted galvanized parts (as opposed to stainless steel) take another $300 off! Not that I have any cash at the moment to spend on such things! Apparently a VecB in Sydney has been done recently with the variant 2 kit! Cant find though if they are rebuildable, cant just assume such things!

aussie_in_london
27th October 2006, 12:28 AM
i have the KW varient 3 coilovers on my VXR, great set up i must add, very impressed, KW are a very reputable company who also sponsor and fit the world touring cars (WTC championship)

Lt Ketch
27th October 2006, 12:13 PM
Aussie In London did you put this suspension on after you bought the car? if so how would you compare the before and after ride!

aussie_in_london
27th October 2006, 09:32 PM
my standard suspension was the Lotus developed passive set up, very good as far as a standard set up goes and did handled well, fitted the KW varient 3's some 6 months after picking up the car, no comparision with the standard set up, feels like a totally different handling car, i dropped mine 30mm, body roll is almost non existent, ride is slightly harsher but being adjustables i can adjust that to my likings, presently set up for a fast road but was easy to change for for track when i took the VXR out just recently, in all honesty leaps and bounds ahead of the standard set up.

ultim8DTM5
27th October 2006, 10:52 PM
Ask for Weitec, same as KW just not SS and cheaper.