PDA

View Full Version : Black or grey sunvisor screens...

mr_sikma
24th October 2006, 12:04 AM
Hey,

I have the standard grey interior in my car and I want to get sinvisor screens asap!

I am unsure if i should get the grey ones, which are similar in colour but may not be 100% match...

Or go for the universal black, as car is black and it kinda goes with anything! Only thing is that it would prob stand out ALOT more.

Here they are...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300038816869&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://www.sbo2.net/photo2/478e.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300039461774&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://www.sbo2.net/photo2/476e-1.jpg

Let me know asap so i can get them :D

Jase

mr_sikma
25th October 2006, 01:03 AM
4 - 4

I need to make a decision :(

Valve Bounce
25th October 2006, 02:18 AM
Go for Grey!

BJ31OS
25th October 2006, 07:52 AM
if your intrerior is grey i personaly would stick to grey i think it would look a bit funny black

JasonGilholme
25th October 2006, 09:20 AM
Go black and get a nice respray/retrim on your interior to match. It'll look soo much better.

mr_sikma
25th October 2006, 05:15 PM
yeah i was originally leaning towards black...

but i got a black visor and it didnt really look right against the grey!

re-trim would most prob happen eventually but it maybe a while so the black wouldnt look right for a while! if i were to get a re-trim i could prob do the visors at the same time.

its black 7 - 6 at the moment!!!

JasonGilholme
25th October 2006, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't wanna get those visors retrimmed. It'd be too hard and wouldn't look as good as gettin them in black originally.

mr_sikma
25th October 2006, 05:25 PM
i am still undecided... damn you!!!

you would know in the corsa about all the different shades of grey and how the black would stand out too much?!?!?

JasonGilholme
25th October 2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah i know what you mean. i hated the grey. Thats why i resprayed my entire interior to be black and silver. :D

mr_sikma
25th October 2006, 05:33 PM
got ant pics of this?

did you do the roof etc aswell?

the roof is a really light grey, almost white so it makes the black look darker again!

PaulyJ
25th October 2006, 06:36 PM
Get the grey, at least its similar to whats in there already

JasonGilholme
25th October 2006, 06:38 PM
I think theres some pics somewhere. i'll have a look around.

I did everything but the pillars and the roof. my pillars & roof were a baige colour so i left them all the same, but everything else got resprayed.

I took all the panels out and made myself a little spray booth to make sure they turned out ok. Not a hard thing to do but you may need to drive your car with minimal interior for a while :P

mr_sikma
25th October 2006, 06:41 PM
^^^

thats what i am thinking, although the black is a neutral colour!

Noir
25th October 2006, 07:29 PM
I am too bias, black is my favourite regardless.

mr_sikma
25th October 2006, 08:30 PM
black is winning... mite hold out for another day or two!

better not look crap all you black voters ;)

PaulyJ
25th October 2006, 10:44 PM
Mate, do what you feel looks good for you.

EL BURITO
25th October 2006, 11:04 PM
thats like a girl asking u if she fat wat ever answer it will get pulled to bits paul

PaulyJ
26th October 2006, 01:16 AM
lol
hahahaha
"Does my ass look fat in this car?"
I think Grey, reckon black would look too dark and too different to the rest of your interior.

missxc
26th October 2006, 09:48 AM
yeah i was originally leaning towards black...

but i got a black visor and it didnt really look right against the grey!

Well if you already tested it and didn't like the black, go with grey. I voted for black but now I think about it, grey would look better in my opinion.

blueraven
26th October 2006, 10:36 AM
go grey, if they dont stand out like black would, it will be more of a suprise to people when you flip them down and the are like "Heeeyyyyyy..."

that and if someone is checking out your car from the outside to "borrow" items from your car, they wont notice it. My roof mount dvd/screen is black, and i kinda wish it matched the roof or was a lighter colour. but i actually wish i had gone with the sunvisor scrrens now since i now know how to do all the wiring :P

mr_sikma
26th October 2006, 09:01 PM
go grey, if they dont stand out like black would, it will be more of a suprise to people when you flip them down and the are like "Heeeyyyyyy..."

that and if someone is checking out your car from the outside to "borrow" items from your car, they wont notice it. My roof mount dvd/screen is black, and i kinda wish it matched the roof or was a lighter colour. but i actually wish i had gone with the sunvisor scrrens now since i now know how to do all the wiring :P

what colour interior have you got?

how does the black look against it?

what colour visors would you have got?

mr_sikma
26th October 2006, 11:37 PM
http://corsa-c.co.uk/gallery/files/1/5/1/P1010195.jpg

i got black ;)

because as above the grey doesnt really match the roof anyway, and i am thinking down the track when interior mods happen.

and the car is black!

damn it was a hard choice :(

EL BURITO
27th October 2006, 07:38 PM
well let us know when they are fitted