PDA

View Full Version : great aussie website, euro parts for euro cars

cybermonkey
22nd October 2006, 10:17 PM
anyone ever come across http://www.carshine.com.au/index.htm before?? heaps of stuff the barina B and C, astras etc

Zender Daytona wheels :!:!

EL BURITO
22nd October 2006, 10:38 PM
VERY exspensive huge mark ups

mr_sikma
22nd October 2006, 11:00 PM
damn!!!

nice parts but what a joke on prices :D

m3 mirrors i got for $150ish they are selling for double the price!

BJ31OS
22nd October 2006, 11:03 PM
you werent joking about the mark ups were you some of there stuff is way over priced

cybermonkey
22nd October 2006, 11:06 PM
damn!!!

nice parts but what a joke on prices :D

m3 mirrors i got for $150ish they are selling for double the price!

:eek: where from?? irmscher jobbies?

EL BURITO
22nd October 2006, 11:06 PM
no they wont be irmy but i want to see pics of em

Insubordinate
22nd October 2006, 11:08 PM
way way way way overpriced.......... what a rip... how do companies get away with that... tis day light robbery...

EL BURITO
22nd October 2006, 11:09 PM
cos ppl will continue to buy off them cos its easy

mr_sikma
22nd October 2006, 11:16 PM
no they wont be irmy but i want to see pics of em

they are the same as the site, aswell as the same as gildos but not electric...

they are imported from overseas still but sold here.

exactly the same as this...

http://www.ssv.com.au/images/dm0051.jpg

EL BURITO
22nd October 2006, 11:27 PM
cool Sikma

cybermonkey
22nd October 2006, 11:29 PM
thanks, i like my electric ones too much though:o

mr_sikma
22nd October 2006, 11:33 PM
well i have 1 x electric one ehre they sent me when they stuffed up.

once they are set you dont touch them!

they are the same price i think too.

how much u pay?

PaulyJ
22nd October 2006, 11:36 PM
carJOKEshine...
They wanted to sell me an Opel Blitz badge for $90...
You'd be :doh: if you go thru them.

InsaneAsylum
22nd October 2006, 11:40 PM
carshine have always been overpriced. in their defence they do get people who own audi porsche mercedes bmw etc. buying aftermarket stuff from them... it's just that opel owners wallets are a lot thinner

EL BURITO
22nd October 2006, 11:42 PM
or that we have sence n are a little more froogal (spelling) with our $

one2have
23rd October 2006, 12:06 AM
carshine have always been overpriced. in their defence they do get people who own audi porsche mercedes bmw etc. buying aftermarket stuff from them... it's just that opel owners wallets are a lot thinner

Just for laughs, check out the price for a plain Vec C mesh grill. I almost fell off my chair laughing. my wallet aint thin - I just don't like to get ripped off.

mr_sikma
23rd October 2006, 12:21 AM
my wallet aint thin

take out all the cards and receipts then ;)

InsaneAsylum
23rd October 2006, 08:17 AM
they quoted me $250 for a standard opel grille insert and badge.... so i went on german ebay and bought a second hand one. it was still hundreds of dollars cheaper inc. postage and everything to get my grille than to go through carshine.

Wraith
23rd October 2006, 09:46 AM
Everyone who has had a Euro car for some time (ie: from Melb.) will know about Carshine and will know to steer clear as they are a massive rip off !!!

They have actually lost lots of buisness over the last few years - hence their re-location to Tullamarine a couple of years ago, from previously being in the City area for almost 2 decades.

Yet their pricing on most things is still sky high.........

I enquired as a matter of comparison about a rear Astra spoiler not too long ago and after being told they could do a good price because they source the material locally, it was still $100+ more expensive than an equivalent imported Irmscher :confused:

Business might be dwindling, but these guys will never change !!!!

InsaneAsylum
23rd October 2006, 11:33 AM
i used to go into their nth melb shop for a look see as it's in my area, i had no idea why they moved to tullamarine. thought they upsized but obviously not... eveytime i went in there they had euro cars being serviced out the back. i thought that's how they made their money... i would hate to see the bill for a major service :D

cybermonkey
23rd October 2006, 01:34 PM
just had an email, the Remus rear muffler is $595 bwahahaha :eek: you could get a full system for that :rolleyes:

xplosv57
23rd October 2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah they wanted $75 for the opel flash rear badge and $225 for the front grille, i got both genuine new items for $100 including postage from Europe!!! Theyre prices are ridiculous!!!

R3N
23rd October 2006, 07:56 PM
just had an email, the Remus rear muffler is $595 bwahahaha :eek: you could get a full system for that :rolleyes:

that's actually not a bad price... thats just the price you pay for Remus.

cybermonkey
23rd October 2006, 08:31 PM

is it hell, Remus isnt that exclusive....

MatsHolden
23rd October 2006, 10:46 PM
Yeh Remus are pricey. Good quality though. One of the guys on here just got a Remus on his Astra Convertable cost him around $900.

With carshine, you're paying for the convinience of the stuff being in Australia.

Wraith
24th October 2006, 01:04 PM

Exactly what model Remus muffler is this ?

If it's for an Astra T, then yes, that's an outstanding price !

I'm shocked :eek: that's the 1st time I've ever heard of anybody getting something for a good price from these guys........must be a case of discontinued stock or something like that.

BTW looked into their website yesterday and they had Eibach springs for about $350, that's a good price, it said they were discontinued stock.

SSS_Hoon
24th October 2006, 01:10 PM
damm thay are exxy even on the VW stuff.

how do they still survive.
i guess there is enough stupid ppl out there that go to the first place for everything.

i guess the high prices would be good if u needed a repair quote for insurance i guess.

SSS_Hoon

one2have
24th October 2006, 06:24 PM

I bet they quoted that price just for the muffler tip hahaha.

Search for the parts you need on www.ebay.de (http://www.ebay.de) then just email the sellers to see if they send locally (usually about 37euro for a DHL airbag, 3 weeks delivery). Unfortunately you can't find anything searching through www.ebay.com.au (http://www.ebay.com.au) even if you click worldwide search..