PDA

View Full Version : Hello from sth brisbane

dinsy06
22nd October 2006, 10:10 PM
Hello all, Im in the market for a new car and im undecided between the new astra cdx coupe and the astra sri from a couple of years ago.

I cant go the turbo, but wanted something a lil quick.

I havnt as yet test drove the new astra, anyone have any opionions?

Thanks
Mark

EL BURITO
22nd October 2006, 10:36 PM
Hi

Can u get insured on the Desiel they have a fair wack of power.

if its the doors i would go the newer CDX h cos of the leather

PaulyJ
22nd October 2006, 11:31 PM
Get the turbo diesel. You'll be more than suprised!

dinsy06
23rd October 2006, 08:43 AM
Thanks, I dont think I have the $$$ for the turbos...although it would be nice. Insurance is no probs as I drive a SS at the moment, but I need to trade for a car for my wife to drive also.

It dosnt have to be super quick although something zippy would be cool.

Keep in mind the SS is a slug down low, and I drive in the city, so i wont miss the huge top end power that much as I dont get to use it much eheheh.

Tfer
23rd October 2006, 09:31 AM
Hey the Turbo Diesel would be most excellent in the city.:cool:

Kate_SRI
23rd October 2006, 09:39 AM
Hey Dinsy06, I have an 2001 SRi 2.2i and im really happy with it, they are great zippy little cars. If you get the chance, go take one for a test drive.

dinsy06
23rd October 2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks Kate, I was actually looking at pics of yours for inspiration :D

I drove my bosses convertable sri back in 2002 and I thought it was pretty quick, so im leaning towards that model. Also, then theres some money left over to play with :dance:

Kate_SRI
23rd October 2006, 10:04 AM
awesome, yeah the convertable and the SRi hatch have the 2.2i engines, but the hatch is quicker as it doesnt have the extra weight like the convertable does.

I have had my car a year (this w/e coming) and i have not had one problem with it yet, it has been so reliable and fun, so im looking forward to the next year with it =P