PDA

View Full Version : Some Pics of my new car!

mackeysam
15th October 2006, 02:05 PM
Hey guys and girls,

Took some piccies of my car today and thought I would share them with you. Also took some video which I hope works for you because you can hear the exhaust which sounds pretty awesome. Typical Subaru sound!

Enjoy!
Sam

PaulyJ
15th October 2006, 02:13 PM
Nice and clean, good work.
You gonna opelise it...? :D joking

mackeysam
15th October 2006, 02:15 PM
this might be a stupid question...but i have resized all my pictures so that they are the smallest file size they can be, however i can still only add one piccy? can someone please educate me on how to add more that one photo?????!!!

mackeysam
15th October 2006, 02:16 PM
Nice and clean, good work.
You gonna opelise it...? :D joking

haha lol nice one Pauly!

pred8r
15th October 2006, 02:21 PM
this might be a stupid question...but i have resized all my pictures so that they are the smallest file size they can be, however i can still only add one piccy? can someone please educate me on how to add more that one photo?????!!!

either put them on a site like photobucket and link to them
or
if you use photoshop, click 'save for web' and itll drop the filesize considerably (depending, of course). you will still need to host them somewhere.

PaulyJ
15th October 2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) is a free file hosting website
Really easy to use too.

mackeysam
16th October 2006, 10:54 AM
thanks guys...i'll put them on photobucket tonight when i'm not at school :P there's a video i want to put on there aswell so that'll be cool if that works!
cheerssss

Valve Bounce
19th October 2006, 05:28 AM
Subaru...Nice!!!

InsaneAsylum
19th October 2006, 08:51 AM
supercharger kit and STI badges :)

mackeysam
19th October 2006, 01:14 PM
supercharger kit and STI badges :)

haha yeah something like that. i'm thinking my mods will go something like this...bonnet scoop, full exhaust + extractors, performance intake pipe, turbo (not the mitsubishi turbo that subaru use because it has too much lag!!!!!), and i really would like some 18" 5 spoke titanium rims. along with those mods i'm thinking about getting a front mount intercooler of some description, and an aftermarket front bar. but we'll see what happens. still trying to get those pics up for you all! soon i promise...

sam

InsaneAsylum
19th October 2006, 01:56 PM
haha yeah something like that. i'm thinking my mods will go something like this...bonnet scoop, full exhaust + extractors, performance intake pipe, turbo (not the mitsubishi turbo that subaru use because it has too much lag!!!!!), and i really would like some 18" 5 spoke titanium rims. along with those mods i'm thinking about getting a front mount intercooler of some description, and an aftermarket front bar. but we'll see what happens. still trying to get those pics up for you all! soon i promise...

sam

your joking about the lag right? the mitsubishi TD04 is a smallish turbo, they went to the TD04 with the 97 rex as the TD05 fitted on earlier rexes was reported as unresponsive. so the td04 is less laggier than the older 05. you can always get an IHI VF series turbine, that will do the trick.

i recommend you don't get the bonnet scoop.... get a whole wrx bonnet if you must. you can tell the difference between a fake wrx style scoop and a real. most people would laugh at a plastic scoop stuck to a non turbo imprezza. sorry to say this but it's true, no one likes ricers

rusole21
19th October 2006, 04:17 PM
your joking about the lag right? the mitsubishi TD04 is a smallish turbo, they went to the TD04 with the 97 rex as the TD05 fitted on earlier rexes was reported as unresponsive. so the td04 is less laggier than the older 05. you can always get an IHI VF series turbine, that will do the trick.

i recommend you don't get the bonnet scoop.... get a whole wrx bonnet if you must. you can tell the difference between a fake wrx style scoop and a real. most people would laugh at a plastic scoop stuck to a non turbo imprezza. sorry to say this but it's true, no one likes ricers
hes is right. no scoop. especially if ya get a front mount.
get a tfo035 turbo. like on the forester gt. spools up real quick. run 12psi no worries. i have one if ya end up doin it.
or ya could save a but load of money and buy a wrx that has all these things done. save on doin up the motor, gearbox, diffs, brakes...etc. that said it would be good if you did do all that stuff.

entice
19th October 2006, 06:42 PM
OR, instead of throwing money down the drain with all those mods, and then have hassles with epa and engineers, sell it and buy the real thing...

Buy the sti, and consider a VF34.. roller bearing...

and an APS CAI, and leave the rear muffler as is, and gut the cats, and run an AVCR.....

hrm.. sounds familiar...

Even with the VF35 that would be good for ~200Kw atw.. and that's all 4 wheels...

alternatively, think about a PE S20 or a AVO 450

but i'd stick with teh vf series cos at least u know the stock exhaust will fit woithout housing mods or flange mods...

all this is academic of course...

but I know of one little unassuming STI out there running a standard muffler, with a front mount (zerosports), autronic ecu, PE turbo, AVCr boost management, bigger injectors and fuel rail, and it's going way past the 230Kw atw range, and it is so sweetly driveable at any speed..

oh, and the antilag still lets you hit 1.35Bar in neutral.... that is enough to deter any predators!

WLD-18L
19th October 2006, 06:50 PM
thw whole idea of the bonnet scope is for the top mont cooler on the wrx. if you get a front mont it might not make much sense, even tho it does look good. if your gonna get it get a real wrx one

mackeysam
26th October 2006, 09:18 AM
thanks for all the info and help guys...if i was going to buy the bonnet scoop i would definately get the whole bonnet. i saw a rex the other day in black that didn't have a spoiler but had the scoop and it looks so much better. the bonnet on mine is just too plain. but anyways we'll see what happens. give me a few years to tinker with my suby and then ill look at getting a rex.

thanks guys...