PDA

View Full Version : Ford Australia will bring back Mondeo Euro

Cheetahs
13th October 2006, 11:35 AM
Hi mate I just read the news from paper. OZ ford decide to bring back mondo to australia or make in here? what do you think? if this happen. possible GM holden will bring diesel vectra or make in here??

MK
13th October 2006, 12:03 PM
do you mean Mondeo? if that's it, Ford already had Mondeo here and it wasn't selling that well, Ford Australi pulled the plug...

Cheetahs
13th October 2006, 12:07 PM
yes mate sorry of my poor spell I read the news from paper this moring ford australia will import disesel or make it here.

Wraith
13th October 2006, 12:46 PM
As mentioned above it had better look better than the previous one or it'll go no where - diesel or whatever it features won't help it, if it looks like crap...

MatsHolden
13th October 2006, 12:58 PM
Ford are interested in bringing it back. It does look better than the previous one but it's still not spectacular. Proportions look a bit strange, long front over hang, short rear over hang, looks stretched. Looks a bit Camryish too.
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/images/ford-mondeo-6.jpg

Apex
13th October 2006, 01:02 PM
Looks like the basted love child of Mr. 407 and Mrs. Focus:p

Shaun
13th October 2006, 01:18 PM
Bit of a Mazda 6 rear end look about it

Wraith
13th October 2006, 02:48 PM
Looks like the basted love child of Mr. 407 and Mrs. Focus:p

LOL, you have a very good point there.....

Agree with Mat, does appear to look better than the old one, but still nothing special.

Red AH SRI T
13th October 2006, 05:10 PM
Ford failed once with the Modeo, i doubt they are going to do it again.

They are only "looking at it", just like every maker does with every other car that comes out.

MatsHolden
13th October 2006, 06:13 PM
Ford failed once with the Modeo, i doubt they are going to do it again.

They are only "looking at it", just like every maker does with every other car that comes out.

Depends how they priced it and how they market it. Holden did well with the Vectra until they brought out the latest one. Just because the last Mondeo flopped in Aus, doesn't necessarily mean it would do so again.

bill142
13th October 2006, 06:14 PM
Bit of a Mazda 6 rear end look about it

Originally I thought they were related, such as sharing platform mechanicals etc. But the new Mondeo uses the EUCD platform where as the Mazda 6 uses the D3 Platform and the next generation Mazda 6 will use the D3-2. They are related, but not identical.

Alot of the design cues seem to scream Mazda 6.

MatsHolden
13th October 2006, 06:34 PM
Something you guys may find interesting... Martin Smith who worked on the Mondeo was formally Director of Design for Opel/Vauxhall. He worked on the Speedster, Astra, and Insignia concept.

xplosv57
13th October 2006, 07:31 PM
Ford are interested in bringing it back. It does look better than the previous one but it's still not spectacular.

I reckon the previous Mondeo looked really nice when it was new, especially the update ones, but everything else about it was nothing short of pathetic so yeah looks can be deceiving!! :p Just remember its still a Ford!!!! :D

platypus
14th October 2006, 08:40 AM
i loved the mondeo and wanted one - still do, but don't need the size really.... bah i'd get one if i saw one but so hard to find in a decent condition or one that isn't hideously overpriced

used car dealers have no idea what these are worth -they range on lots from $4500 to $16,000 - that was last month!

or i still want a 98 S40... i think my mind is stuck in a time warp of that era

RudeOne
18th October 2006, 12:53 PM
Ford are interested in bringing it back. It does look better than the previous one but it's still not spectacular. Proportions look a bit strange, long front over hang, short rear over hang, looks stretched. Looks a bit Camryish too.
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/images/ford-mondeo-6.jpg

i smell volvo style in the front... looks more like the s.40?

CJB
18th October 2006, 01:52 PM
With the Focus, where would the Mondeo fit in??

oneightoo
18th October 2006, 04:56 PM
With the Focus, where would the Mondeo fit in??

in a dumpster

Shaun
18th October 2006, 05:59 PM
in a dumpster

HEHEHEHE
Thats gold Matt.

xplosv57
18th October 2006, 08:00 PM
in a dumpster

HAHAHAHAHA thats hilarious while theyre there they can put the rest of the Ford company in there too, Found On Rubbish Dump!!!! ;)

The Mondeo is bigger than the Focus so itll sit just over it, kind of like the Astra and Vectra which didn't really end up working with the new models but yeah im guessing thats how its gonna be!!!

platypus
18th October 2006, 08:01 PM
but its its vecta sized?

be a great camry/vectra/magn... oh wait any way - 4cyl family cars basically