PDA

View Full Version : Well, It Finally Happened...

btm
13th October 2006, 08:23 AM
It finally happened... after 3 years and 2 months, something finally has gone wrong with car and I will have to fix it...

The great thing about it is that all it is, is that its just a globe that needs replacing in my front right fog/driving light.

How good is that!

Over three years and i've never had to touch the car (bar regular servicing from Holden)

Credit where credit is due - it has been a fantastic, inexpensive, well built car with many more years of fun left in her!

Well done Opel!

CJB
13th October 2006, 09:25 AM
Thats awesome Birnie!!!

Makes me jealous, for sure ;)

Hope the repair doesn't break the bank too much :o hahaha.

Opel's are good sturdy cars, now I have had my Mitsu experience, I can say, I wish I was with Opel :(

R3N
13th October 2006, 10:25 AM
that sucks bry, sell it now! get out while you still can!

Lt Ketch
13th October 2006, 10:31 AM
OMG you know what this means, its like taking a pee at the pub, once the dam is broken its gonna keep flooding, whats next the front left fog globe?

In all seriousness I congratulate you on your good fortune!

Wraith
13th October 2006, 12:50 PM
hahaha that's good to hear.

TS Astra's have earned themselves a pretty good rep for reliability unlike earlier Opels.

I've had mine for about 2 years and 3 months - had absolutely nothing go wrong yet - not even a blown globe.

PaulyJ
14th October 2006, 10:38 AM
Thats awesome!
Good to here.
Hope it just stays at that!

Lt Ketch
14th October 2006, 11:26 AM
I’m jealous!

Wraith
14th October 2006, 10:50 PM
mmmmm, come to think of it, I should have mentioned that I've changed just about every globe on the car for different and new ones at various stages in the time I've owned my Astra.......DOHHH ! :D

So not really a fair statement as it's all probably too new just yet :o

I am quitely hoping it gives me no long term grief - something I've crossed my fingers about with my Calibra as well, so far so good - phew :)

SRi_Jimbo
15th October 2006, 10:50 AM
Well done on the long running performance BTM. I hope that that globe wasn't the reason that you didn't come on the cruise yesterday lol

I have no idea how it happened but i managed to blow the head gasket on my astra after 28,000 kays. It was all fixed under warranty and i have had no problems since :) I'm just hoping it stays that way!!

btm
20th August 2007, 11:06 AM
whats next the front left fog globe?

front left foggie went on the weekend :D

SIMid
20th August 2007, 11:54 AM
Wife's G has blown the rear right brake light about 5 times, mid mounted LED light once and one of the blubs behind the heater switches. Mind you, she's done over 100K of driving since 2003, constantly on the road. Quite impressed with that kind of wear and tear.

Wraith, I think you dont count as your Vert doesnt move from the garage.

btm
20th August 2007, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know what type the globe is for the foggie in the astra SRi??

I cant remember...

KID_SRi
20th August 2007, 01:49 PM
From Memory, I think they're H3 Or H7.
I changed to bigger ones ages ago in My G SRi.

R3N
20th August 2007, 02:26 PM
From Memory, I think they're H3 Or H7.
I changed to bigger ones ages ago in My G SRi.

H7s are the low beams, i think foggies are H3

btm
20th August 2007, 02:37 PM
H3s... sweet thanks i'll buy one this arvo

woody
20th August 2007, 05:49 PM
thats a top record mate - I'd love to ssay mine is the same but i had to have the head replaced at about 18,000 K's.

Took it in for a service one day and it came back with a cracked head...

Under warranty so i'n not worried and I think I was just unfortunate (or some spotty little pimply faced youth tried to hammer my car without warming her up on the service test run) ended up costing Holden about 7 grand. she's lovely now though.. still only has 24,000 k's on her..

Wraith
21st August 2007, 09:28 AM
Wraith, I think you dont count as your Vert doesnt move from the garage.

Derr Fred hahaha, I did point out it's new condition/low usage in my 2nd post here lol :)

btm
21st August 2007, 10:25 AM
still only has 24,000 k's on her..
:eek: WTF

i'm over 40,000 now... still pretty low for a car over 4 years old though... but your k's are just insanely low (even if you didnt have a licence for 12 months)

EL BURITO
21st August 2007, 11:20 AM
:eek: WTF

i'm over 40,000 now... still pretty low for a car over 4 years old though... but your k's are just insanely low (even if you didnt have a licence for 12 months)
well my 04 sits on 80K atm :0

btm
24th January 2012, 09:36 AM
well, my next issue has occured... and not bad for the old girl - 8.5 years old now with about 67,000km on the clock

battery has finally kicked the bucket...

so how much are new batteries and what should i replace it with?

gmonkey
24th January 2012, 10:08 AM
If u dont use it all that often maybe get a dry cell, cost around $300-400 last a lot longer. Normal battery cost around $100-200

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk