PDA

View Full Version : Volvo S40,50, S60, S70 is good car?

Cheetahs
10th October 2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Mate, Just interest to know the current Volvo is good ?? or bad? any one could like introduction to me? please ... thanks

Shaun
10th October 2006, 06:01 PM
Volvo Products are well Built and one of the better products i have driven Personally i prefer a Volvo Product over a Mercedes Benz Product ( With in reason and depends on what your comparing them to) . I have worked for Both Manafactures (Currently with Mercedes Benz)

Volvo sound nice too. That 5 Cylinder Engine makes an unreal sound. They are very Nice to drive as well. Turbo Variants are great too and you can get them moving too.

Shaun

oneightoo
10th October 2006, 06:03 PM
only problem is they are ugly and carry the stigma of being driven by morons..

Shaun
10th October 2006, 07:04 PM
only problem is they are ugly and carry the stigma of being driven by morons..

New Ones Look Stylish. Anything from 850 Onwards had become alot better. Thats where Volvo Picked its game up. New C70 looks nice too

auzvectra
10th October 2006, 09:21 PM
i say the s40T is pretty good, looks good, goes good, handles good, n has xenons, and awd :)

xplosv57
10th October 2006, 09:49 PM
i love the older 850Rs especially the station wagons they rock!!! Heres a pic from a cruise a while back, it somehow fits in well!!!! The new ones aren't bad but i think somehow overpriced, id much rather a BMW for that money!!!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/xplosv57/100_0965.jpg

Shaun
10th October 2006, 09:52 PM
Hot S40 and V50 Below

PaulyJ
10th October 2006, 10:56 PM
that s40 is HOT!

NUTTTR
11th October 2006, 07:31 PM
www.brickboard.com

They have "common" problems, just like opels... parts are just as (or more) expensive than opel's. but i love volvo's :)

Wraith
14th October 2006, 11:03 PM
Volvo sound nice too. That 5 Cylinder Engine makes an unreal sound. They are very Nice to drive as well. Turbo Variants are great too and you can get them moving too.

Shaun

Is this the same engine used in the XR5 Focus :confused:

I'm not too familiar with Volvo models and designations, but I can tell you that when I was growing up and beginning to take serious interest in cars, they (Volvo's) were one of the ugliest cars on the road.

I am talking about 70's and 80's vintage here, not your more recent models.

Not knocking them entirely as they had probably the best reputation for safety, just couldn't get over the 'timber tomato box on wheels' look :D

I like the most recent/newest range of Volvo's however, finally looking not too bad at all - the new convertibles are very nice indeed ;)

Shaun
16th October 2006, 09:17 AM
The Same engine in the S40T5 AWD is used in the XR5T.