PDA

View Full Version : Cold Air Intake

WLD-18L
8th October 2006, 08:23 PM
who makes cold air intake systems for astras ? i want one but cant find much about it.

MatsHolden
8th October 2006, 08:38 PM
Most people with the Astras fabricate their own CAI systems. Not a lot on the market I don't think, or not easily obtained in Australia.

Degen-Astra
8th October 2006, 08:50 PM
http://www.dbilas-dynamic.de/dbilas_eng/index.htm

Go to the Air Filter & Accessories option.

InsaneAsylum
8th October 2006, 09:25 PM
nothing beats an afternoon in the garage designing and making your own car modification. buying off the shelf stuff from the shop is cheating :D

Turblue
8th October 2006, 09:33 PM
Flexible 3inch heatproof tubing will do the job too.

PaulyJ
8th October 2006, 11:46 PM
Make your own, thats pretty much the only way it can be done.
If you need a hand, let me know.

MK
9th October 2006, 10:35 AM
Not sure about Astra G, but Astra H can have the Vectra C air intake fitted - i read it somewhere on the AstraSris UK forum...

as Turblue advised, 3" heatproof tubing does the job (i tried it with my old Commodore VS and it worked OK)

Gildo
9th October 2006, 11:45 AM
and for the people that said there was no room for a vectra c D air intake, in a corsa c sri, its fits :D, works well to

InsaneAsylum
9th October 2006, 01:48 PM
www.purplepig.com.au

buy 3" TPRDS. it's about $20 per metre

oneightoo
9th October 2006, 03:46 PM
1xCAI for a calibra - $20 - tubing from clark rubber, used existing clamp.. tubing didnt need to be heat resistant as the calibra air intake on the air box is no where near hot air, nor is the tube.. works brilliantly..

mr_sikma
10th October 2006, 08:06 PM
and for the people that said there was no room for a vectra c D air intake, in a corsa c sri, its fits :D, works well to

u got any pics?

does it go down to the front bumper?

please explain ;)