PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye, Vectra...

Alfonzo
7th October 2006, 11:39 PM
It has happened. My Vectra is no more. And its replacement isn't a Holden :eek:

It's being traded for a 99 Forester GT. Did all the wheeling and dealing today, should pick it up on Friday.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~baedmunds/tim/Forester/Foz1.jpghttp://members.iinet.net.au/~baedmunds/tim/Forester/Foz2.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~baedmunds/tim/Forester/Foz5.jpg

Now as I was leaving I decided I'd exit by driving through the Holden car yard over the road (effectively jumping one block over), because just after I arrived at the Subaru dealership I was witness to an accident between an Excel and a Hilux (two guesses who won that battle) up at the intersection into the Subaru shop, and there was glass everywhere.

Anyway, as I scooted through the service department for Holden I looked to my right, and spotted a VXR Astra - so I pulled over and took a few pics on my phone :)

http://members.iinet.net.au/~baedmunds/tim/vxr/vxr01.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~baedmunds/tim/vxr/vxr02.jpg

But this is what I found interesting (image is kinda weird, because I semi-sheilded the window reflection with my wallet)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~baedmunds/tim/vxr/vxr03.jpg

Two bits:
1) Indicators on the right
2) PRE-OPELISED!!! :cool:

How sexy does that steering wheel look!!

Opelise
7th October 2006, 11:50 PM
If i was going to buy anything other than an opel it'd probably be a subaru. Nice car dude.

The VXR looks great and yeah, the Opel badge is odd..

Cheetahs
8th October 2006, 12:28 AM
Mate I dont understand this car,This is demon from opel or HSV VXR ? because the steeling have opel badge? any one can explain .. thanks ..

EL BURITO
8th October 2006, 04:31 AM
Mate I dont understand this car,This is demon from opel or HSV VXR ? because the steeling have opel badge? any one can explain .. thanks ..
Posted i n another thread but the gist is that the 1st bach to touch oz got the opel wheel and dash backing cos the HSV one wasnt ready and they wanted to get it on the market, This is only going to occur with the 1st batch and the car will be HSV-alised by the 2nd batch.

I think i got all the revevant info into a quick statment

EL BURITO
8th October 2006, 04:32 AM
Is it your camera cos that red looks really off

MK
8th October 2006, 08:07 AM
wow!
congratulations on your purchase, my cousin had one of those couple of years ago, was brand new and he loved it. Will you be making any changes to it? any plans?

the VxR does look great... few things however;

1) Colour looks metallic cherry - i like it, when i first got my Astra H i wanted to respray the whole car in this colour (actually wanted the Toyota Metallic cherry colour on my Astra)

2) i really hope they change the indicator\wiper stalks around. My ex girlfriend has the Barina C and i could never get used to it :)

3) rear of the VxR... so there will be NO centre HSV badge? only a small HSV badge on the bottom left?

4) the air bag will most likely be replaced with a HSV one when delivering the car to a customer...

once again, good luck with your purchase...

MatsHolden
8th October 2006, 08:44 AM
But this is what I found interesting (image is kinda weird, because I semi-sheilded the window reflection with my wallet)

Two bits:
1) Indicators on the right

Same as all Astra H's. Congrats on the buy.

MatsHolden
8th October 2006, 08:48 AM
3) rear of the VxR... so there will be NO centre HSV badge? only a small HSV badge on the bottom left?

Yeh, would've thought they'd have their helmet and lion logo there.

Alfonzo
8th October 2006, 09:25 AM
Is it your camera cos that red looks really offIt was the camera in my Motorola V3i, and being in the shade I suppose that was what put the colour off.

marcinkozinski - yeah, I've been making mental plans as to what I want to do with for a while now. Simply put, it's the usual things :p Rims, suspension, turbo upgrade, larger intercooler...

First things first though, I need to upgrade the audio. This only has a cassette deck as standard, It's going to be a long week or so without a CD player, haha! :)

Cheetahs
8th October 2006, 09:42 AM
Mate So the HXV astra are same to opel astra vision OPC and is it diff then UK Vaxuhall VXR? And current Astra in Australia are close to Opel and Vaxuhall astra or difference?

Wraith
8th October 2006, 11:44 AM
Congrats on your car update, it's what you want and each to their own.

Good caption pics of a yet to he 'HSV'd' AH VXR.

Man they do look hot, easily the best looking hot hatch around IMO.

Blinkers on the right of the steering wheel - it's about time, that's great, one more tick on the VXR's "good points" list for my own comparisons short list.....

InsaneAsylum
8th October 2006, 04:35 PM
awesome, i'm a big fan of forester GT's!

low
8th October 2006, 05:51 PM
Forester GT's are not bad ! But i must say the sexy little VXR looks awesome and makes the boxy old suby look , well ,like a Subaru !

pred8r
8th October 2006, 09:03 PM
google gtrydaz or gt rydaz or something like that

Vectracious
9th October 2006, 02:38 PM
Congrats on joining the Subaru Club Alfonzo - you'll love the GT!! Just stick some WRX suspension in it and you'll be laughing....

Alfonzo
9th October 2006, 09:24 PM
google gtrydaz or gt rydaz or something like thatgtrydaz.com, lol I'm all over that one :) I've been lurking in the shadows there for nearly 3 months now, they've got what looks to be a phenominal amount of information on modifying such a specific model...

Vectracious - yup, that's part of the plan :) WRX struts, Kings springs (I think at this stage), WRX swaybar in the back, TD04L, larger TMIC, plumb back BOV, air intake resonator removed, high-flow filter... haven't really looked that much into exhausts yet, but I'm led to believe the WRX setup up near the turbo should bolt right on...

Yeah, I haven't thought about it too much at all :D :o

PaulyJ
9th October 2006, 11:25 PM
Love them
All the best with it mate!