PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst This Weekend!

Lt Ketch
6th October 2006, 09:48 AM
So who's looking forward to watching Bathurst on telly this weekend?

I know I am!

Turblue
6th October 2006, 10:38 AM
Love Bathurst.!!!!

MatsHolden
6th October 2006, 11:26 AM
Seriously.... who doesn't watch Bathurst!? It's un-Australian if you don't. :D

lowey22
6th October 2006, 12:02 PM
Couldn't be bothered, sorry to say. i dont mind watching the gp or f1, but can't get into long races with the v8s.

oneightoo
6th October 2006, 12:28 PM
i havent missed a bathurst yet..

i luff et...

Shaun
6th October 2006, 12:31 PM
Im going.... Go HRT .... Holden 1,2,3 will be sweet.

Mr T
6th October 2006, 12:37 PM
Whats there to watch...

A pathetic attempt at making an exicting race that penalises strong teams/cars

Two vehicles that are regulated and are no where as quick as F1

Two vehicles that have no resemblence to the vehicles in the showrooms and have next to no representation of the badges that they wear.

And then there are the engines...its supposed to be an all aussie thing...but neither the Chevy powered Holdens or the US Ford powered Fords have ever had those engines sold in Aus - let alone built here.

Oh, and who gives a toss about Pushrods, Natural Aspiration and 16" wheels in 2006...!!!

But ay...I'll stand up for the 1 minute silence for brocky ! ! !

Wraith
6th October 2006, 12:42 PM
I certainly am and have been for 2 decades !!!

Every 3rd weekend in the V8 supercar season, it's time out on Sunday, feet up and enjoy the action.

I'm a V8 man first and formost - always had V8's until recently with my Calibra and Astra T - the exscursion away from them has been ok, but still prefer a 'good' V8 anyday over a 4 or 6 potter.........

Lt Ketch
6th October 2006, 01:02 PM
An interesting mix of opinions. I admit I do long for the good ol days when the field was not just Holden and Ford, it was exciting to see a Commodore battle it out with say a Volvo.

Tfer
6th October 2006, 01:13 PM
An interesting mix of opinions. I admit I do long for the good ol days when the field was not just Holden and Ford, it was exciting to see a Commodore battle it out with say a Volvo.

A group of us always make the full day of it, and it is good fun. Probably less spectacle than years of old, but still good value.:)

Brocky will be there in spirit I am sure:cool:

Shaun
6th October 2006, 03:43 PM
Oh, and who gives a toss about Pushrods, Natural Aspiration and 16" wheels in 2006...!!!

Glenn they run 17 inch rims.

MatsHolden
6th October 2006, 04:04 PM
Whats there to watch...

Two vehicles that have no resemblence to the vehicles in the showrooms and have next to no representation of the badges that they wear.

And then there are the engines...its supposed to be an all aussie thing...but neither the Chevy powered Holdens or the US Ford powered Fords have ever had those engines sold in Aus - let alone built here.

Would I be safe in assuming you don't like V8 Supercars? lol

MatsHolden
6th October 2006, 04:07 PM
Every 3rd weekend in the V8 supercar season, it's time out on Sunday, feet up and enjoy the action.

Except for Bathurst weekend it's feet up Friday, Saturday and Sunday lol. So annoyed channel 10 didn't show the top 50% of qualifiers due to it being delayed because of the huge shunt in the development series race.

Shaun
6th October 2006, 05:09 PM
Mark Skaife Took Provisonal Pole . Lap time of 2:06.9764. Second was taken by Jason Bright with a lap time of 2:07.0967. Skaife Set the Fastest lap of the Session on Lap 4.

jvl
6th October 2006, 05:40 PM
Seriously.... who doesn't watch Bathurst!? It's un-Australian if you don't. :D

unless you are in Queensland and going on the Black Car Cruise that is :D

Otherwise I would be watching the V8 SuperTaxis

xplosv57
6th October 2006, 06:11 PM
This is my grand final (even though its not the end of season) Mt Panorama the best race of the year, ive never missed one and sunday will be no different!!! This year so much more important with Peter Brocks passing!! It was bad to see the crash in the Fujitsu series, hope the 2 drivers pull through, very risky move throwing the car sideways to avoid a bigger accident!!

GO SKAIFEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MatsHolden
6th October 2006, 07:23 PM
very risky move throwing the car sideways to avoid a bigger accident!!

If he hadn't have done that, he would've t-boned that commodore front on and Porter (in the yellow commodore) wouldn't be still with us I wouldn't think. Not much else he could've done, apart from as you said have a bigger accident. Both drivers are in a critical condition, with serious head, neck and chest injurys. Hopefully they come good.

And yeh, c'arn Skaifey!

Dee
6th October 2006, 07:27 PM
ehhh....

really couldn't be bothered... i'd prefer not to be sitting in front of the tv for hours watching cars go round and round in cirlces....

bill142
6th October 2006, 07:33 PM
Whats there to watch...

V8 supercars will never be as quick as an F1 car, simply due to the fact its a production car based series where as F1 is a custom built series.

But I do agree that the technologies are very much out of date and the rules should be altered to allow teams to develop new technologies which could potentially filter down to production spec cars.

Bring on 6 litre Alloy V8's and seven speed sequential transmissions!!

Blue_Dvl
6th October 2006, 08:07 PM
Cant Wait. I have been slowly losing interest in V8 Supercars...... but BATHURST is the race i watch every year without fail.

I agree formula 1 is great racing, but like with v8 supercars im not fussed with the rounds of the championship or only catch a bit of the race...... but MELBOURNE GP and BATHURST are absolutely NON MISS events.

bill142
6th October 2006, 08:25 PM
Formula 1 is pass in the pits. But for some reason, I just can't stop following it (mainly because I don't want to).

pred8r
6th October 2006, 08:48 PM
I prefer the targa tassie, real streets, real cars and VARIETY

Isle of Man bike race is another, havent seen that since 'wide world of sports' got pulled though.

Mud racing, hillclimbs (both types), tractor pulls, rock climbing, summernats and that weird swedish/danish one on the side of the hill with witches hats. YEAH BABY!!!

30% euro + 20% rice + 50% redneck = 100% Pred8r

Mr T
6th October 2006, 09:05 PM
Glenn they run 17 inch rims.

Opps...my bad.

Would I be safe in assuming you don't like V8 Supercars? lol

Arh yep...love racing but can't stand Americanized sport...

xplosv57
6th October 2006, 09:33 PM
Best motorsport in my opinion is rallying, the skill they have to speed thru forests, cliffs, snow etc at high speeds is something special to watch!! A very underated sport!!!
I also love factory based racing cars, we do a few events at work with factory cars and its good to see a production car put thru its paces!!

Noir
6th October 2006, 11:57 PM
My sister scored corperate tickets with pit access...damn her lol. Oh well I can be proud she is sniffing around the HRT.

blk_tyga
7th October 2006, 12:02 AM
Best motorsport in my opinion is rallying, the skill they have to speed thru forests, cliffs, snow etc at high speeds is something special to watch!! A very underated sport!!!
I also love factory based racing cars, we do a few events at work with factory cars and its good to see a production car put thru its paces!!

i agree with u a 1000%.. loeb has clawed back in the wrc n he'll take it out in his older citroen!!

n yeh, couldnt b bothered with v8 supercars, i recognise its a tough competitive race format but i just cant stand watchin it, the cars are the exact opposite of what u'd expect premium racecars to be, which is light and fast... racecars are built in search of more speed or acceleration, why then take a bulky car as ur base platform, i just dont get it... maybe someone will explain it properly one day!!

cliff note:
rally drivers have got a lot of balls and a hell of a lot more skills, find me other drivers that can adapt so quickly to a changin environment and adapt their technique for ice/snow, gravel/dirt and tarmac races, these drivers need to master both grip and drift/slide techniques and although the drivers in the v8 supercar series are talented they are no match for rally drivers...
... also the way the wrc championship is set up limits the amount of tinkering u can do bw stages therefore less tyre changes, try run a whole v8 supercar race (not bathurst or any other enduro) on 1 set of tyres...

aussie_in_london
7th October 2006, 08:25 AM
it will be an all nighter again for me this year

Misguidedangel
7th October 2006, 10:19 AM
I'm going to my sisters house to make nachos and drink and watch the race hehehehe :D

Shaun
7th October 2006, 11:13 AM
it will be an all nighter again for me this year

Pitty you couldnt fly Home while the Race is on.. We could Have had a COLD beer....

btm
7th October 2006, 01:56 PM
i will be watching for sure!

xplosv57
7th October 2006, 04:23 PM
Skaife On Pole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!

MatsHolden
7th October 2006, 04:34 PM
You beauty! And Holden 6 of the top 7.

Shaun
7th October 2006, 06:20 PM
Tomorrow rise at 4.30am will be worth it if a if its a Holden 1,2,3 on lap 161.

Wraith
8th October 2006, 11:07 AM
Skaife On Pole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!

I totally feel you brother, I too could not have been happier.........

ie: until not too long ago - DAMN F#*#*#* BAD LUCK STRIKES AGAIN !!!

The race is all over for HRT and for me as well.

I'm sooooo pissed off, I've turned off the TV and got on line here.

Maybe I'll tune in again later and see what's happening, hopefully a Holden team will still take it out in the end....

BTW it's good to see that the majority of us here are fans of this great event and V8 supercars - 23 to 7 says it all !!!

Lt Ketch
8th October 2006, 12:17 PM
Bugger eh!

xplosv57
8th October 2006, 02:32 PM
I totally feel you brother, I too could not have been happier.........

ie: until not too long ago - DAMN F#*#*#* BAD LUCK STRIKES AGAIN !!!

I know, poor Skaifey didn't even get 200m into the race, f*&^ing dodgy clutch and poor young Jack Perkins had nowhere to go!!!! Radisich just had a big crash too, hope hes okay!!!! Pretty scary how many serious accidents have occured considering how much money has been spent on safety!!

Charlatan
8th October 2006, 03:17 PM
Like the cars or not, this is one of the great motor races in the world. Very well produced, informative coverage by the ch10 team too.

Its good close racing

Lt Ketch
8th October 2006, 03:26 PM
getting sick of the pace car though...reckon it could be a Chrysler win at this stage!

xplosv57
8th October 2006, 03:36 PM
Then again the pace car nearly got taken out just before by one of the fords coming out of the pits!!! Funny if the pace car needed a pace car!!!

MatsHolden
8th October 2006, 06:08 PM
Good close finish. Too bad Kelly couldn't get Lowndes. How was Jason Richard's wild ride off the end of Conrod through the chase.

Lt Ketch
8th October 2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah that looked like one scary ride through the air!

xplosv57
8th October 2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah as much as i hate Ford, i like Craig Lowndes and he'd be the only Ford driver that id be happy to see win!!! The Kelly bros did well for second too, all in all another great race (except for Skaifey)!!!

Misguidedangel
8th October 2006, 07:24 PM
it was a good fight... pity bout Kelly not getting in front of lowndes... but at least it was worth the watch...

MatsHolden
8th October 2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah as much as i hate Ford, i like Craig Lowndes and he'd be the only Ford driver that id be happy to see win!!

I'd prefer Seton to win if I had to choose a Ford for the win.

Mr T
8th October 2006, 08:08 PM
reckon it could be a Chrysler win at this stage!

The Chrysler got disqualified....it only pitted twice...!!!

xplosv57
8th October 2006, 08:35 PM
Shocking news they have just announced that Mark Porter has passed away, thats terrible. In this day and age of what we though was excellent safety this is a real shock! I feel for his wife and young children hes left behind.

Shaun
8th October 2006, 09:50 PM
HUGE day on the mountain. Well done Lowndes. The Kelly Boys did there best. I had money on Murphy which looked like a good chance of getting up till he hit the wall. was up the top when it happen.

An Eventful day thats one thing that can be said about today

R.I.P Mark Porter.

MatsHolden
8th October 2006, 09:52 PM
The Kelly Boys did there best. I had money on Murphy which looked like a good chance of getting up till he hit the wall. was up the top when it happen.

In fairness to Murph, it was Cam McConville at the wheel. But in fairness to McConville there was oil on the track. lol

Opelise
8th October 2006, 09:58 PM
Meh. Not the least bit interested. I live in Western Sydney. I see bogans racing in commodores and falcons on a daily basis.

MatsHolden
8th October 2006, 10:13 PM
And your bogans are of the same calibre of the likes of Skaife, Lowndes, Kelly, Murphy of course. lol

Shaun
8th October 2006, 10:19 PM
In fairness to Murph, it was Cam McConville at the wheel. But in fairness to McConville there was oil on the track. lol

Im fully aware of that. Was a shane either way as they were running strong..

Shaun
8th October 2006, 10:20 PM
And your bogans are of the same calibre of the likes of Skaife, Lowndes, Kelly, Murphy of course. lol

Word to that....

MatsHolden
8th October 2006, 10:23 PM
Yeh, he was very lucky he didn't get collected by Courtney. What was the atmosphere like up there this year? Just didn't feel like the same old Bathurst this year from home. Particularly with the big names going out early.

Wraith
9th October 2006, 01:37 PM
Yeah as much as i hate Ford, i like Craig Lowndes and he'd be the only Ford driver that id be happy to see win!!! The Kelly bros did well for second too, all in all another great race (except for Skaifey)!!!

Once again, couldn't agree more - well done Lowndes good effort and well done to the Kelly bros for 2nd.

Looks like it's gonna be Lowndes's year - oh well better luck hopefully next year for Skaife......

MatsHolden
9th October 2006, 04:34 PM
Kelly for championship.:D

Shaun
9th October 2006, 05:16 PM
Yeh, he was very lucky he didn't get collected by Courtney. What was the atmosphere like up there this year? Just didn't feel like the same old Bathurst this year from home. Particularly with the big names going out early.

Mate it was very tame up the top of the Mountain. Lots of RIP Brocky sign's and Banners in Both Camps (Holden and Fords Supporters with Banners)

Packed though. Very strange with the top contenders out by lap 45.
But Bathurst wouldnt be Bathurst if there wasnt some strange things happening. Im Very Burnt thats for sure though

MatsHolden
9th October 2006, 09:16 PM
But Bathurst wouldnt be Bathurst if there wasnt some strange things happening.

True that.

PaulyJ
9th October 2006, 11:27 PM
Having been on a bucks night Sat night... i fell asleep...

Mr T
10th October 2006, 01:54 PM
Having been on a bucks night Sat night... i fell asleep...

Skaife crashed, Loundes won...oh and 58,000 bogans drank **** loads of piss.

PaulyJ
10th October 2006, 10:53 PM
So i didn't miss much?

MatsHolden
11th October 2006, 07:28 PM
So i didn't miss much?

About half the field crashing out.

PaulyJ
11th October 2006, 08:25 PM
happy i slept then

Dee
11th October 2006, 08:29 PM
i think i watched about 20 minutes... and most of that time the chrysler 300c was winning.....

MatsHolden
11th October 2006, 09:45 PM
happy i slept then

Fantastic last 30 laps or so though.

blk_tyga
11th October 2006, 10:57 PM
i did end up watchin da last 10 laps, mostly i was wonderin y my sis was screamin n yellin at the tv, was kinda suspensful coz of how close it was.. thought whicheva kelly drove that last stint shoulda put in a lil more effort, lowndes gapped him a lil too easy after dat pace car...

whens the next rally on?? anyone know?

PaulyJ
11th October 2006, 10:59 PM
Melbourne rally was 2 weeks ago... NOT HAPPY i forgot it!

MatsHolden
11th October 2006, 11:32 PM
thought whicheva kelly drove that last stint shoulda put in a lil more effort, lowndes gapped him a lil too easy after dat pace car...

whens the next rally on?? anyone know?

He had to think of the championship as well, as he's 2nd just behind Lowndes so no point pushing and ending up in the wall.

Yeh the rally of Melbourne was the last round of the ARC for this year. Evans took out the championship.