PDA

View Full Version : optimax no more?

SSS_Hoon
4th October 2006, 04:34 PM
went to my local shell and the optimax signage was gone and replaced with v-power wtf?

the guy said it was the same as optimax just a new name?

anyone know what the deal is with that?

SSS_Hoon

jerrypufflewell
4th October 2006, 04:39 PM
http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=au-en&FC2=/au-en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/fuels/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/au-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/vpower_p/introduction.html

SSS_Hoon
4th October 2006, 04:41 PM
thanx

so its just replacing it is all.

as the shell near my work still got optimax signs..

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
4th October 2006, 04:50 PM
V Power is ment to be better according to those in the UK

Lt Ketch
4th October 2006, 05:02 PM
It'll be interesting to see if our V-Power is the same as their V-power!

DirtyHarry
4th October 2006, 05:38 PM
sounds like shell is trying to get away from the bad reputation that optimax had.

Wattie
4th October 2006, 06:08 PM
sounds like shell is trying to get away from the bad reputation that optimax had.

yeah probably coz optimax sounded better said as "craptimax" etc...
im struggling to think of a nickname for V-Power...

hmmmm **scratches head**

SSS_Hoon
4th October 2006, 06:58 PM
vag*****power

hehehe

SSS_Hoon

Red AH SRI T
4th October 2006, 07:53 PM
Vulva Power!

MK
5th October 2006, 06:52 AM
or...VERVA POWER :)

http://www.orlen-verva.pl/ (choose the flash or html and click on english version)

and

http://www.orlen-verva.pl/glowna_en.html

Mr T
5th October 2006, 09:54 AM
Vulva Power!

You are a Knuckle Head....:cool:

Dave
5th October 2006, 03:50 PM
I filled up on a tank of it the other day and noticed no realy difference, me thinks same fuel different name. Though the chicky behind the counter did say theyve change the formula and the servo's been outfited with pretty new pump handles.

so in the eyes of the ignorant public yes i gues it is a new fuel because the pump color has changed and so has the name.

Bit like a daewoo/holden astra :p

Thaiger
5th October 2006, 04:16 PM
My car drives sweet on optimax.... better then the bp/caltex equivalent

MatsHolden
5th October 2006, 04:35 PM
Yeh it's the same fuel. Just renamed, part of a marketing strategy and getting in line with Shell world wide. Optimax 98 is V-Power and Optimax Extreme is V-Power Racing.

pred8r
5th October 2006, 06:44 PM
maybe its not a letter 'V' but an arrow pointing down :p

YAY!!! down with power, oh wait......

Lt Ketch
5th October 2006, 08:50 PM
maybe its not a letter 'V' but an arrow pointing down :p

YAY!!! down with power, oh wait......

Surely such a statement is a punishable offence!!!!!

PaulyJ
5th October 2006, 09:20 PM
yeah... put out your hands and receive your slap on the wrists

bill142
5th October 2006, 09:30 PM
uggh developed with Ferrari- all the more reason to continue buying Mobil or Caltex fuels.

Lt Ketch
5th October 2006, 09:42 PM
If I use BP (usually) or Shell (sometimes) my car is ok but if I use Caltex (now never) it idles really bad.

MatsHolden
5th October 2006, 10:11 PM
Yeh BP Ultimate is what my car seams to like best.

Wraith
6th October 2006, 12:52 PM
My car drives sweet on optimax.... better then the bp/caltex equivalent

Yep, same here.....tried numerous tests with tankfulls from different servo's and my Astra T definitely runs noticeably better with optimax.

As for the name change, as long as it's the same stuff I'm happy...

MK
6th October 2006, 04:27 PM
i use normal unleaded, but sometimes i put optimax, bp ultimate or caltex (Woolworths) Vortex...few months ago my Astra H had a full tank of Vortex from Caltex\Woolworths at Bella Vista (Parklea) and i couldn't wait for it to finish up and be gone from my cars fuel tank, the performance was a little dissapointing.

i promised myself i will stick with Shell Optimax, BP Ultimate but for some reason (probably the price factor swayed me in) i filled up with Vortex couple of days ago at Woolworths (Blacktown) and the performance is very good... so i am not sure if it has something to do with each individual petrol station?

The one at Bella Vista is a Caltex site (only rebranded to WW\Caltex) and the one at Blacktown is a "genuine" Woolworths site...could it be different in ground tanks, dirty delivery pumps and other factors that affected my first experiance with Vortex?

MatsHolden
6th October 2006, 04:40 PM
The one at Bella Vista is a Caltex site (only rebranded to WW\Caltex) and the one at Blacktown is a "genuine" Woolworths site...could it be different in ground tanks, dirty delivery pumps and other factors that affected my first experiance with Vortex?

Could be something to do with those factors, but it's usually how long the fuel has been sitting in the tanks for. The bad experience you had was probably due to the fuel being stale.

SRi_1
7th October 2006, 01:22 AM
hmm recently ive been using the vortex 98 and it seem alrite but the servo near my place always run out of it so maybe the fuel we have is not stale?

MatsHolden
7th October 2006, 10:53 AM
hmm recently ive been using the vortex 98 and it seem alrite but the servo near my place always run out of it so maybe the fuel we have is not stale?

Yeh if they have a high turnover of Vortex 98, then the fuel will be fresher. If they don't the fuel can sit in the tanks for quite a while.