PDA

View Full Version : Spare tyre in SRI-T

FLY-SRi
12th May 2004, 09:42 AM
hey guys i was browsing through some discussion about the space saver tires, so i decided to check out what i had in my SRI-t, stock SRI-t have dunlop tires, but i checked my boot and ive gotta Pirelle spare tire, was this a mistake made on holdens behalf or is this normal? coz aint Pirelli expensive tires? can any1 shed sum light on this matter?

Jass
12th May 2004, 10:08 AM
Is it a full Turbo Rim in the boot? Cause all i have is a shitty steel wheel 16inch

dazza015
12th May 2004, 10:15 AM
Doubt holden would have done it, that would have been done at the Opel factory, could easily be a Pirelli, the Corsa/Barina SXi & CD models come out with Pirelli tyres on all 5 wheels. Yes the top of the line pirellis are expensive but if its just a midrange Pirelli it would be the same price as a Dunlop!!

Rhino
12th May 2004, 10:49 AM
Is it a full Turbo Rim in the boot? Cause all i have is a **moderated** steel wheel 16inch

I've been told by my dealer that they won't do an alloy spare. At $1000 each you can see why!

Strangely, perhaps because they come out of a different factory - the new Vectra that I drove DID have an alloy spare.

rjastra
12th May 2004, 10:54 AM
My 2001 build Astra SRi has a match alloy spare. Later build models went to a steel spare (suckers)

FLY-SRi
12th May 2004, 01:05 PM
its just a standard steel wheel, no rims :(

av8or
12th May 2004, 01:21 PM
On my MY03 SRi, i have a steel spare, but i have Pirelli P6000's on all 5 rims. I ended up buying another Alloy Rim for $270 from my dealer. Not bad value.

Andy

Nem
12th May 2004, 01:37 PM
Have to be very weary of those space saver tyres. They're only rated to something like 70km/h usually and not for long distance either.

Ben

sunny
12th May 2004, 01:45 PM
On my MY03 SRi, i have a steel spare, but i have Pirelli P6000's on all 5 rims. I ended up buying another Alloy Rim for $270 from my dealer. Not bad value.

Andy

tyres are usually all the same its just holden being a miser and putting in a steel wheel in the boot

Rhino
12th May 2004, 02:15 PM
Have to be very weary of those space saver tyres. They're only rated to something like 70km/h usually and not for long distance either.

My full size spare steel is also only rated to 80km.

Since we're talking about speed. Had a Mini Cooper S try his luck the other day. 0 from 3 but he kept trying. F-l-i-c-k-e-d [<- got moderated] his high beems at me in acknowledgement of his arse whipping when he turned off. Managed to get the SRiT up to 190 and change... solid as a rock!

Back to tyres

Cybulba
12th May 2004, 08:36 PM
I've been told by my dealer that they won't do an alloy spare. At $1000 each you can see why

this is so weird. As the Fleet Manager for holden Chullora told me they all should come with a alloy spare. ?? see they cant even keep there stories right.. ??

Looks like if u got a alloy ( BONUS ) if u didnt unlucky. :(

blackSRi
13th May 2004, 01:21 AM
Hey Fly-SRI, now you know why I said I was confused!

2 different dealers - two different versions on the spare....

av8or, which was your dealer you got your spare rim and tyre from?

sri22m
13th May 2004, 09:57 AM
I remember when I pickup my SRi back in Oct '01, the dealer was quite shocked to see that the spare wheel was the same as on the car. He even checked with holden.... Does anyone know a wheel fixer, I have a small grove.

av8or
13th May 2004, 03:06 PM
BlackSRi, My Dealer is Phoenix Holden in Wangara. 9409 9200.

I have had major problems with my car as posted previously but Phoenix have been fantastic and i would recommend them to anyone after a new Holden.

Andy

RK
14th May 2004, 02:59 PM
my 2001 vectra came with a matching allow spare.

dug74
14th May 2004, 04:46 PM
my 1999 Vectra B came with 5 15" alloys... but they are long gone...put 16"s on it...then Nov last year decided to get 17" rims...and asked if I could buy a fifth one..for the boot :lol:

rjastra
15th May 2004, 08:23 AM
I remember when I pickup my SRi back in Oct '01, the dealer was quite shocked to see that the spare wheel was the same as on the car

That was because there was an update in spec (trim etc) from around Nov build.

After that the spare wheel was steel.

I even noticed they seem to move away from Michelin Pilot HX (which are very exxy) to Pirelli P6000s (not so exxy)