PDA

View Full Version : Save Top Gear petition

EL BURITO
3rd October 2006, 01:03 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html
you are all smart ppl take 2 min to do.

blueraven
3rd October 2006, 01:04 AM
they dont need a petition, top gear wont be axed.

SSS_Hoon
3rd October 2006, 04:41 AM
well they were not on this monday mongrels

SSS_Hoon

Mr T
3rd October 2006, 06:37 AM
Business is business...if they are making money they stay...if not they go. Simple as that.

MK
3rd October 2006, 06:48 AM
apparently, untill "hamster" is cleared by the doctors Top Gear will not be shown on TV

imay
3rd October 2006, 07:50 AM
Same as it has always been since SBS picked up Top Gear and Myth Busters . . . The series finishes and is replaced by Myth Busters. When the series of that finishes, it is replaced with the next available series of Top Gear. When that series finishes . . . and so on.
Don't fret guys! All the TV stations (worldwide, I''m sure) do the same thing.
As has been said earlier: If it's making the producers money, it will be back, with or without the Hamster!

SSS_Hoon
3rd October 2006, 10:01 AM
yeah but the series of top gear that was on here was series 6 and series 8 finished last month in the uk.

and top gear will not start to film series 9 until the hamsters is ok.

SSS_Hoon

oneightoo
3rd October 2006, 11:19 AM
maybe that was the last episode of season 6?

SSS_Hoon
3rd October 2006, 01:11 PM
yeah i think it was from memory, but i thought they would start 7 straight away but i guess not.

oh well

SSS_Hoon

xplosv57
3rd October 2006, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Top Gear was axed after the accident just due to insurance issues for the network! I mean all the crazy stuff they do, they must pay out their arse for insurance and the premiums must be ridiculous, now that there has been an accident, itll be hard for the network to be reinsured to do the program!

By the way, last week was the last episode for an old series, and were 1 or 2 seasons behind!!

oneightoo
3rd October 2006, 05:49 PM
reinsurance wont be a problem.. if it gets axed it wont be because a claim was made on their insurance.. they'd be stupid to axe the show.. what is it? one of the most popular shows to come out of the uk? shown in bazillions of countries? the show makes money..

Alfonzo
4th October 2006, 08:50 PM
As much as I love TopGear, I don't think signing an e-petition will be necessary.

Given the absolutely massive 'cult like' following TG has developed after 8 relatively short seasons, there's no way the BBC would be able to replace the incoming revenue they're generating right now with another show if they did axe it.

And what would happen if they did axe it? No doubt it'd crop up on another network. Clarkson's already done it once with TG.