PDA

View Full Version : Where to get parts..

CJL
30th September 2006, 11:08 AM
Was just wondering if there are any good perfomance websites for astra sri parts? ive been looking for exhaust and air filter for a couple of days now cant find much apart from remus

Post some links please :D

MK
30th September 2006, 12:07 PM
depends which state you are from...for exhaust and such its most probably better to find a local exhaust shop. Here in sydney we have few that have a good reputation and will be able to fit or supply Astra SRi with exhaust parts.

CJL
30th September 2006, 06:43 PM
I was referring to in general like reputable cat back exhaust systems, whether its import or local

SRi_Jimbo
2nd October 2006, 01:25 PM
G'day mate, with regards to air filter setups you have a few options and you will see stacks of them on here from replacing the panel filter and de-restricting the airbox, to a short ram system like i have, to a cold air setup. It just depends on which way you want to go.

I hooked up this short ram system for my astra and imported it from the UK:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-0371

It goes well, and sounds good...all i have to do now is hookup some heat sheilding. It was pretty easy to install though, only took a mate and I about half an hour.

I went for the short ram to increase throttle response, and no modifications to the car would be required either. In the 2.2 i'm not too sure how you would setup a true CAI without cutting things.

SRi_Jimbo
2nd October 2006, 01:27 PM
It depends on what model SRi astra you have as well mate...if you can let us know those with that model will be able to best advise you which way to go with mods :)

MatsHolden
2nd October 2006, 02:56 PM
His is a new AH Astra SRi Turbo.

CJL
2nd October 2006, 03:01 PM
It depends on what model SRi astra you have as well mate...if you can let us know those with that model will be able to best advise you which way to go with mods :)

Its a new Astra Sri AH 2006, looking at a pod and also perhaps a remus cat back or some other brand but im not to sure what brand cat backs are avaliavel..:confused: