PDA

View Full Version : New Sri member Melb

CJL
27th September 2006, 04:39 PM
Traded my 2004 Integra Tyep R for a new Silver Astra Sri, picked her up on Tuesday. Im located in Melbourne East

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/CJL05/Side-1.jpg

Have been a member of ozhonda.com for a couple of years, i got referred to this site by a member did a **** load of searching but found nothing so im quite :D now.

InsaneAsylum
27th September 2006, 04:44 PM
that looks awesome. i prefer the ah turbo in silver over black.

how are you coping with the increased torque and the lack of fart sound? :D

CJL
27th September 2006, 04:53 PM
that looks awesome. i prefer the ah turbo in silver over black.

how are you coping with the increased torque and the lack of fart sound? :D

Yeah its good, goes pretty well, havent had it flat out yet because i assume it is still wise to run cars in, i was looking at a wrx and the xr5 originally but the wrx's interior is boring and didnt want to wait until next year for a xr5 glad i opted for the astra, it has heaps more gadgets etc better value for money

EL BURITO
27th September 2006, 05:13 PM
Hi mate, thats one hot car.

Gildo
27th September 2006, 05:34 PM
the Turbo is hot...but

ur going to miss ur LSD!!! :'(

MatsHolden
27th September 2006, 07:02 PM
Welcome mate, make sure you join the Victoria forum for all the local chit chat and cruise and events! We've only got one new Turbo on there at the moment so let's make it two! lol

PaulyJ
27th September 2006, 11:05 PM
Welcome to the site mate
Awesome to see another AH SRi owner.
As Mat said, join the Vic forums at http://vic.opelaus.com/forum

Vectracious
27th September 2006, 11:52 PM
but the wrx's interior is boring

And it looks like it came out of a Lada Niva....

Congrats on the purchase!! :D

JohnBu
28th September 2006, 10:47 AM
the Turbo is hot...but

ur going to miss ur LSD!!! :'(

04 DC5 Type R never had an LSD.. only the older DC2 had.

I was looking at the 02/03 type r before i got my 03 astra turbo.... but couldn't justify the asking price...

let us know of the what you think of the SR compared to the type r, i'm assuming the type r will handle better but the sri more drivable.

CJB
28th September 2006, 10:50 AM
Hello and welcome :)

:)

btm
28th September 2006, 01:10 PM
welcome mate

sweet ride :)

Lt Ketch
28th September 2006, 05:55 PM
Nice car, I do like those wheels!

Scene looks familiar, what park is that?

auzvectra
28th September 2006, 06:38 PM
i dont think the type 'r' would hold much ova the sri, i know they arnt much beta then the 'ts', and the 'ah' is sposed to handle heaps beta then the 'ts'.

CJL
29th September 2006, 12:03 AM
04 DC5 Type R never had an LSD.. only the older DC2 had.

I was looking at the 02/03 type r before i got my 03 astra turbo.... but couldn't justify the asking price...

let us know of the what you think of the SR compared to the type r, i'm assuming the type r will handle better but the sri more drivable.

Correction: Yes both the audm DC5R and DC2R came with LSD, the current DC5 Type S doesnt come with LSD though:)

CJL
29th September 2006, 12:07 AM
Nice car, I do like those wheels!

Scene looks familiar, what park is that?

Its Milpperra(sp) Oval in Wantirna

Stock vs stock it will depend on the driver the sri is only .4 of a second quicker to 100..my 2 cents anyway

SRi_Jimbo
2nd October 2006, 02:03 PM
Welcome abord mate!! Nice ride you have there...its on my list for the next car :)

Wattie
2nd October 2006, 07:45 PM
integra type r, best handling front wheel car ever made...

sorry, ppl an astra h, aint gunna cut it in the bends, but power?? sri T is going to be lots easier to use...

auzvectra
2nd October 2006, 07:59 PM
i like to prove those idiot test drivers wrong, well the 1's that do it for wheels, motor ect at least :).
15.22 in a "g" sri-t, i got a 14.6!!!
but i know the statement, but as he said, depends on the driver, i would love to challenge a type 'r' up my favourite road :).
so how does the type 'r' compare to a go kart (mx5) for handling?
i think i went off topic :)

so how does the "H" sri-t compare to the type 'r' for handling cjl?
i know it just sounds like i think i'm a race car driver, but i just like a challenge :D

CJL
2nd October 2006, 08:27 PM
i like to prove those idiot test drivers wrong, well the 1's that do it for wheels, motor ect at least :).
15.22 in a "g" sri-t, i got a 14.6!!!
but i know the statement, but as he said, depends on the driver, i would love to challenge a type 'r' up my favourite road :).
so how does the type 'r' compare to a go kart (mx5) for handling?
i think i went off topic :)

so how does the "H" sri-t compare to the type 'r' for handling cjl?
i know it just sounds like i think i'm a race car driver, but i just like a challenge :D
mx5's are **** cant stand them things, gear box is shocking clutch is sloppy in stock form doesnt have anything going for it

sri-t is better for straight line power, but pitty u cant turn ESP off and the lack of LSD
Type r would beat an ah sri in twistys pretty easily, but the R wont lose u.

MatsHolden
2nd October 2006, 09:56 PM
sri-t is better for straight line power, but pitty u cant turn ESP off and the lack of LSD

You can turn ESP off on the AH SRi Turbo's. Hold down the sport button for 4 seconds and it will come up on the instrument cluster.:)

CJL
2nd October 2006, 11:32 PM
You can turn ESP off on the AH SRi Turbo's. Hold down the sport button for 4 seconds and it will come up on the instrument cluster.:)

oh really...thanks alot for that i would have been stuck with the dam thing on all the time.

auzvectra
3rd October 2006, 06:05 PM
now u can challenge the type r :D.
i just mentioned the mx5 cause they handle real well.

Tfer
3rd October 2006, 10:23 PM
Its Milpperra(sp) Oval in Wantirna

Stock vs stock it will depend on the driver the sri is only .4 of a second quicker to 100..my 2 cents anyway

My ex had a 2004 Type R and she could not keep the Veccy at bay:D

Great loooking car.. better street presence in my mind:cool:

CJL
3rd October 2006, 10:42 PM
My ex had a 2004 Type R and she could not keep the Veccy at bay:D

Great loooking car.. better street presence in my mind:cool:

IMO from owning both I would say the type r easily in the sticks on the straight probably the sri stock vs stock

auzvectra
4th October 2006, 06:58 AM
i just havent come across a good driver in a type r yet thats all :)

Apex
4th October 2006, 01:04 PM
Awesome car mate.

As an every day car though id have to say the Astra would be a lot easier to live with.

I have seen a few slightly modified Integra and Civic Type R’s blow away WRX’s, Evolutions and 300kw HSV’s at local track days. They make an awesome track weapon.

The Honda VTEC BARK is one of the best mechanical sounds in the world IMHO.

I have turned the traction and ESP or on a country road and found the car over steers when driven hard, and didn’t notice any excessive wheel spin at all, im thinking an LSD would only hinder the AH Sri in driving enjoyment by creating more toque steer as the torsen LSD in my old Integra did.

KID_SRi
5th October 2006, 08:49 AM
Great Looking Car Mate :)
It looked good Stuck in Traffic the Other day ;)

CJL
6th October 2006, 03:51 PM
Thanks for all the comments...:)