PDA

View Full Version : ZC Vectra

low
24th September 2006, 10:01 PM
hi guys

havent posted in a while . I have had my 03 CDXi manual just finish warranty and it has been truly excellent - only thing replaced was a water pump @ 80k covered . I am thinking of going the extended warranty and keeping the car for another year as i still love it. Anyone know if Holden offer it as according to Holden i must go thru the dealer (quoted $520 for 12 month/100000km )anyone know if this would qualify as a true "factory" warranty ? anyone know anything here ?

cheers .

pred8r
24th September 2006, 10:31 PM
It may make it a 'Holden Certified" warranty.
Dont know what it means, but my car has one (although still under factory warranty till Jan '07 )

MatsHolden
24th September 2006, 11:42 PM
Yeh the extended warranty is a dealer thing. You will find a whole lot of catches in the fine print too in order to retain the extended warranty, such as only servicing the car at that dealer etc.

stevedee3
24th September 2006, 11:58 PM
If it's a genuine equivalent to extending the factory warranty by 12 months then I think it's worth the money. However...

The dealer I purchased my car from "gave" me a 3 year "extended warranty". The documentation refers to it as a "mechanical protection plan", administered by Harrier National (http://www.harrier.com.au) (I prefer to call it a dealer protection plan). I had several issues with my car repaired under the factory warranty; not one of them would have been covered by this "protection plan". As MatsHolden wrote, there are lots of strings attached and it doesn't cover very much.

If it's one of these then I wouldn't waste my money.

low
25th September 2006, 07:03 PM
thanks fellas . According to phone call Today it is a proper extended factory warranty the same as i had and not the 3year/175000km certifed crap. However the warranty expires when i get 100k on the clock (80 now) .I will let you all know the outcome .

cheers

JohnBu
27th September 2006, 12:13 PM
i personally dont think its worth it for 1 year..

i'd take the risk of having something breaking down within a year.

if it does break down and is under $520, you've won