PDA

View Full Version : ive been black listed

mr corsa
21st September 2006, 09:11 AM
well its not a myth cos i busted it my car made the holdens data base australia wide for my mods to my car even got a letter saying that i have voided all warranty and now the funny bit never made a warranty claim

and too the staff at holdens that follow this site under secret names :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

PaulyJ
21st September 2006, 09:59 AM
Ahhhh crap... so you gonna bring it back to stock? :D

EL BURITO
21st September 2006, 11:29 AM
thats a bit rude i am sure your windows were never touched in modds u have done.

Hw much warranty was left

thy did yake there sweet arse time about doing it

blueraven
21st September 2006, 12:00 PM
pffft...mate if anything unrelated to your mods breaks (while under warranty) take them to court.

i know a guy who came to an mc day i went to, he had a bunch of work done on his wrx Sti, after he changed turbo/interooclor/computer and all. subaru did tell him to get stuffed, but he lawyered up and got everything done without costing him a penny (subaru had to pay his legal costs too :D) this is only one guy who won tho, i dunno how many people have tried and lost :(

Wraith
21st September 2006, 01:16 PM
Yeh, that does sound a bit strange - and how exactly did this happen ??

As mentioned above, if something totally unrelated to your mods does have a mishap, you are more than eligible to claim it from their warranty, providing the warranty period hasn't expired.

Stating that you will pursue it with fair trade and or legal action, will get them treating you seriously and not ignoring you.........I did this once regarding a deposit on a new car, which for my own reasons I decide not to buy, the Holden dealer would not return my deposit in full, the next day I mentioned to them that I'd taken the matter up with fair trade, immediatly within the next 10 minutes I had a full refund !!!

Dealers will try to get away with whatever they can, unfortunately there are alot of low life crooks working for them........

Shaun
21st September 2006, 01:25 PM
Interesting.... Mods carried out arent covered by Holdens Warranty. IE i cant see if a door handle breaks how your Engine Mod would be Subsuqencal warranty. If some thing like that happened you could fight it and more then likely win .

Warranty only wouldnt apply to those items that you have changed or modified.

low astra
21st September 2006, 05:58 PM
awwww i never got the letter i just got told that my suspension, air filter exhaust and stereo had voided my warenty, however the car was 3 days old at that stage,

and ive had stuff fixxed under warenty since then

blueraven
21st September 2006, 06:16 PM
i'd love to see them try and deny me warranty work if my wiper motor stops working etc.. my clutch/gearbox/turbo on the other hand....

InsaneAsylum
21st September 2006, 10:03 PM
it's a conspiracy!!! :D

OzzySRi
22nd September 2006, 07:20 PM
BWAHAHAHA thats funny. Tony, I wouldnt trust anyone alone with that car anyways. Its sure to be truly molested in your absence... I know I'd be givin it some nasty nasty if you weren't looking :P

Blue_Dvl
26th September 2006, 06:33 PM
Yes, i know some one with a VZ that has a dodgey fuel guage, but GMH say they wont fix it as its had an edit, exhaust, lowered etc... done which has voided warranty.

Im sure your complete powertrain warranty would be voided by any engine/ecu/exhaust/filter modifications..... but surely they cant shirk warranty on stuff like pwr windows, door handles, wiper motors etc.

platypus
26th September 2006, 10:03 PM
sounds like the probs they had in the states - there was some major issues from modders - warranty being voided for non dealer servicing or even changing to clear indicators....

in all seriousness have a chat to the ACCC because while some things would obviously be your problem they can't deny all issues you may have.... (even after the warranty period)

if you expect a product to work for 10 years without failure then that is how long it should last - by technicality of consumer law they should fix that prob - but in reality nobody would expect them to fix stuff that far down the track

beep beep sri
27th September 2006, 04:09 PM
Im sure your complete powertrain warranty would be voided by any engine/ecu/exhaust/filter modifications..... but surely they cant shirk warranty on stuff like pwr windows, door handles, wiper motors etc.

i had a sports exhaust on my sri and it only void the exhaust from warranty. and they realy did'nt care about the bmc air filter either.

mr_sikma
2nd October 2006, 09:49 PM
isnt it out of warranty due to age anyway?

podger
3rd October 2006, 10:23 AM
try different holdens for warranty.
I did warranty on poo brown astra 1.8 turbo. Window reg motor.

I do warranty on mod lightly mod cars.