PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sway Bar - to be or not to be (adjustable that is)

lowey22
20th September 2006, 05:18 PM
Right. I am getting a whiteline rear sway bar (for a NA Astra G). Just not sure whether to get an adjustable one or the non-adjustable one.

What has everyone else got and what do you recommend?

I may be looking at doing more suspension mods (and possibly performance mods) in the future, so an adjustable one may be a better option...

Thanks!

Turblue
20th September 2006, 05:24 PM
Non is fine.

Unless you are on a track or want to be a hero.

blueraven
20th September 2006, 06:29 PM
the non adjustable is set as the middle adjustment of the adjustable one, so you would only go slightly stiffer by getting the adjustable one.

and anyway, do you really think you will get under there and adjust every time you wanna go to an mc day etc?(and then get back under to adjust when you get back on the road?) my non adjustable one has been more than fine on my mc days, everyone comments on how little boddy roll i have.

but ehy its only like $20 more so if you want it get it, but i bet you dont adjust it ever agin after you it :)

R3N
20th September 2006, 07:03 PM
or want to be a hero.

I want to be a hero so I got an adjustable one, depends whether you can be bothered getting under the car and changing the bolts around. But if you are then go for it. I can be bothered because I have too much free time on my hands

lowey22
20th September 2006, 10:14 PM
hmmm, well im thinking about taking it on the track... i probably would be bothered adjusting it, but why not have it on the stiffest setting the whole time? I'm assuming it handles better, what is the negative to it being stiffer?

MatsHolden
20th September 2006, 10:49 PM
Just depends on what you want the car to do, on a more open flowing track with faster gradual bends you'd want a stiffer setting, but for a tighter track with sharper conrners and hair pins you'd want it slightly less stiff.

PaulyJ
20th September 2006, 10:55 PM
Look, for $20 more, get the adjustable.
If you're planning track work, and can be stuffed adjusting it, get it.

lowey22
21st September 2006, 02:21 PM
aight, might go the adjustable then. thanks guys :D

PaulyJ
21st September 2006, 02:27 PM
Thats what we're here for!

platypus
23rd September 2006, 03:24 PM
get adjustable - it will be able to do the smae thing and you'll be pissed if you don't pay the extra 20... sitting at home thinking.... hmmm i wonder how much more fun Nebo would have been on super stiff...

JR
25th September 2006, 10:57 AM
go adjustable - dat way u'll have no regrets.

i have no intention of going track days, or getting under the car, so i got the non-adjustable, but i got a thicker bar - more rigid.

cheers
JR

auzvectra
26th September 2006, 06:39 AM
i reacon i'd go the adjustable for that little bit extra, i reacon i will, i will prob never get under n change it, but it would be worth it, just for the fact that i can if i want :)

JasonGilholme
26th September 2006, 10:41 AM
Adjustable all the way!! :D:D:D