PDA

View Full Version : BSA or CSA

WLD-18L
17th September 2006, 07:36 PM
Here is the Delima !

FRONT: BSA 291's SIZE:17x7.5 PCD:5/110 ET:45 PERFECT FITMENT FOR AN ASTRA G (can someone varify this. i belive it is)

REAR: CSA Tuners SIZE:17x7 PCD:5/110 ET:45

which ones boys an girls ?

just quietly iam leaning towards the BSA's. But then i dont know on the finish. Silver or Chrome. i would like chrome but ive herd it can flake off and is common with the 291's :\ Anyone experienced this ?

let us know what u think

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/v3LaRdi/csaORbsa.jpg

pred8r
17th September 2006, 07:40 PM
CSA - the 291's are everywhere (here anyway)

lowey22
17th September 2006, 07:47 PM
I prefer the BSA's, they are a great looking wheel. But they are more common than the CSA's, but maybe that's because they are nicer? Between those 2 I would go for the BSA's.

I would go the silver or even shadow chrome if you can get it. Chrome to me looks plasticy, unless they are really good quality ones...

EL BURITO
17th September 2006, 08:01 PM
the ones on the front, and i would stay away from chrome cos u have issues if u ever need a referb

Misguidedangel
17th September 2006, 08:01 PM
just quietly iam leaning towards the BSA's. But then i dont know on the finish. Silver or Chrome. i would like chrome but ive herd it can flake off and is common with the 291's :\ Anyone experienced this ?

I had BSA 225's on my lancer.. and found that the chrome flaked a bit on the spokes... Its your choice... with chrome rims, you can always get them rechromed... but yeh your choice

dustbug
17th September 2006, 09:05 PM
The ones on the front, they are very nice and low key. I think the ones on the rear are too flashy and don't add to the car.

Deff the front

MatsHolden
17th September 2006, 10:56 PM
The BSA's are the nicer design, however they are very common.

WLD-18L
18th September 2006, 12:57 PM
Just got some prices for the rims.

best prices were BSA 291 $210pr

CSA Tuners $270pr

i think iam going the BSA's in silver finish.

InsaneAsylum
18th September 2006, 03:40 PM
every r33 skyline has the bsa 291

get something else

Wraith
18th September 2006, 04:03 PM
BSA's on the front look much classier and neater.

Those CSA's look very good on a Calibra, I've tried a set of 18's on mine, very nice !

They are common, (ie: the BSA's) but not so much in silver, every second man and his dog's got em in chrome - go for them in silver, looks much classier and neater and not as hoony or ricey compared with chrome, not to mention chrome peeling probs that come over time with most chrome rims.

My 2 cents on those 2 choices shown above, but then as you know if it was up to me I'd be going 18" mininmum if not 19 or 20.......

WLD-18L
18th September 2006, 05:17 PM
did my tax today. iam gonna havre to hurry up and make up my mind !

tim_
18th September 2006, 05:25 PM
where the hell did you find them for 210 a pair?! that's so cheap! although, i've been looking at 18s.

MAD-16V
18th September 2006, 08:44 PM
http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/masterkiz/water.jpg

Bsa in 18s - Just do it!

Wraith
19th September 2006, 12:42 PM
There you go - perfect example above BSA 18's in silver or is it shadow chrome ??

Looks Emmaculate !!

Astro_Boy
20th September 2006, 03:07 PM
I have the BSA 17s in chrome on my silver SRiT and I think they look really good - although I do worry about curb scrapes (can they be repaired?) and keep them very clean to prevent any deterioration of the chrome.

I think they suit the car better than the CSA s but if I was replacing them I may consider the silver colour for a more toned down look.

PaulyJ
20th September 2006, 11:08 PM
BSA, 18's, silver, fullstop.

WLD-18L
21st September 2006, 04:50 PM
iam thinking the same thing.

iam 18 an just got the car. dad hates me spending money on it. He thinks its a hell tidy car as it is. which it is :)

i told him about the exhaust i was getting and he didnt mind. then i told him i wanted rims and he didnt mind that either.

We are very good family friends with the owner of an independant tyre store. He (the family friend) said pic out some rims and you can have em at cost price. and i can hook ya up with some nice tyres real cheap.

i was like s-h-i-t yea ! but then i told him i wanted BSA 291's in 18. and he said the ride would be terrible and that id feel every little bump in the road on an 18' + the price differnece is massive between 18' and 17' and they will look to big on an astra. I told him ive seen pics everyone slames astras with 18's and that 17's still looks small. he said well its up yo you.

sure i would have 18's every day of the week over 17's but now that the old man has herd that info from a good source he cracks it every time i mention number 18'

when i go to get the BSA ill tell him 18x7.5 silver ET 45 and se what goes down.

p.s joining opelaus was the best thing ive done in ages. thanks for all your help !