PDA

View Full Version : CD Error help???

gemstar_007
16th September 2006, 09:14 PM
Hey guys my head unit has been playing up throughout the week.
the steering wheel controls have been mucking up also.
If u press next on the steering wheel it changes from the CD to raido.. etc. and also changes the volume... so i think something is wrong there.

But then yesterday it kept coming up with CD ERROR, all the time and the CD wont play, and its stuck in the head unit, the eject button doesnt work... dont know what to do.. has this happened to anyone?

i might have to take it into holden on monday, but b4 i do just wanted to see what you guys thought thanks. :D

pred8r
16th September 2006, 09:21 PM
i might have to take it into holden on monday, but b4 i do just wanted to see what you guys thought thanks. :D

it's broken

sorry......had to :D

Lt Ketch
16th September 2006, 10:03 PM
Offer it a biscuit, works with my kids when they won't do what their supposed to!....then I belt them, do you own a hammer? :rolleyes:

EL BURITO
16th September 2006, 10:33 PM
yerr simlar wat happened to me and they will blaim it on your burnt CDS and try and tell u it is out of warranty cos of it. but they still fixed it for me

Petey
18th September 2006, 09:18 PM
have a search in here, there's a few threads on this subject, that may help u.

auzvectra
19th September 2006, 09:36 AM
take the h/unit out, get a new 1 (speak to Chris R), pull the top off, get ur cd out, n chuck it :).
u rnt still under warranty r u?

gemstar_007
2nd October 2006, 10:13 AM
take the h/unit out, get a new 1 (speak to Chris R), pull the top off, get ur cd out, n chuck it :).
u rnt still under warranty r u?

lol....

yea am still under warranty....it actually spat the cd out when i was driving along the M1 yesterday but i wasent fast enough it took it back in and wont come out again. lol :(

Tfer
2nd October 2006, 10:36 AM
Hey guys my head unit has been playing up throughout the week.
the steering wheel controls have been mucking up also.
If u press next on the steering wheel it changes from the CD to raido.. etc. and also changes the volume... so i think something is wrong there.

But then yesterday it kept coming up with CD ERROR, all the time and the CD wont play, and its stuck in the head unit, the eject button doesnt work... dont know what to do.. has this happened to anyone?

Just recently I too had a CD stuck and would not play nor eject.... pressed eject about 4 times and then it did... been fine since.:)

SRi_Jimbo
2nd October 2006, 11:14 AM
I had this problem as well when i was running the standard head unit. I didn't realise how common the problem was until i saw this thread!!

I just took the astra along to my holden dealer and they fixed it in a few minutes. Worked find for a year and then i upgraded :)