PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding fog lights

tim_
16th September 2006, 06:41 PM
I feel bad joining the forum and just being a huge question-head, but i have a lot lol!

My question is, is it possible to buy the Holden fog lights for the AH Astra, the ones on the CDX model, and whack them onto a CD? I was pissed that it was not an option when I bought the car, as both my previous Astras had them, and I like them being built into the lower vents, as opposed to whatever an aftermarket job would be,

EL BURITO
16th September 2006, 10:50 PM
YES its possible, did it on the C costs will be arround 300 i recon then u go to an auto sparky and get it wired up.

u need the
lights
New switch (ebay)
and bumper incerts

tim_
17th September 2006, 05:53 AM
Do holden not sell the switch with it? I want the one that goes in the little round bit in the dash, above where the button for the rear fogs are. I feel a call to holden is in order tomorrow morning.

EL BURITO
17th September 2006, 04:21 PM
yerr u need to buy a whole new unit cos the button isnt there, plus it will be cheaper on ebay, holden will charge far to mush for it.

bill142
17th September 2006, 06:41 PM
Yes the whole cluster will have to be changed. Also I don't think the CD's have the wiring already in place. You can find this out by having a look underneath and there will be some wires just hanging down not connected to anything. Problem with the new cluser is you will obviously want it to match the rest of the trim as every astra variant seems to have a different trim.

tim_
17th September 2006, 08:22 PM
but if i get the cluster, I can just steal the buttons, like take the front off, and put the front of my cluster i have now on. which, once i figure out how to get them off and not void my warranty, will be going astra turbo blue

dustbug
17th September 2006, 08:57 PM
Yes this is correct.

You need to buy the whole cluster which through holden could be quite expensive. I remember i think in a previous thread, someone mentioned that you should unhook the wiring to your rear foglights and hook up your front ones through that switch.

EL BURITO
17th September 2006, 10:05 PM
Yes this is correct.

I remember i think in a previous thread, someone mentioned that you should unhook the wiring to your rear foglights and hook up your front ones through that switch.

that would have been me

tim_
18th September 2006, 05:52 AM
thats not a bad idea, as i think i've used the rear fog lights once in the last year? and I could have the rear one off another switch somewhere else... hmmm

thanks guys

EL BURITO
18th September 2006, 11:43 AM
or just remove the bulb and pop it in the glove box seeing as they are not an ADR requirment

dustbug
18th September 2006, 12:46 PM
Your an 'Ideas Man' EL BURITO