PDA

View Full Version : Holden May Bring Back Corsa and HSV May Bring the VXR Corsa

MatsHolden
13th September 2006, 06:24 PM
Holden are looking at whether it is viable to bring back the Corsa to replace the Kalos as the Barina. It is official that Holden is looking at this. Also HSV may bring out the hot VXR/OPC Corsa, however at this stage there is no official word from HSV. According to articles on drive.com.au.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=19986&vf=12

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=19926&vf=12

Mr T
13th September 2006, 06:48 PM
HAHAHA...backpedling quicker than Peter Costello...!!!

RudeOne
13th September 2006, 07:22 PM
ahahahaha thats awesome

pred8r
13th September 2006, 07:30 PM
Dont you be toying with my emotions.

Mrs Pred will take a 4door Performance Sri/OPC (with leather this time, please)

Ill take either a Meriva or a 1.8Lt Combo (Also SRi/OPC spec)

(Deposit is waiting, upon model confirmation)

pred8r
13th September 2006, 07:32 PM
HAHAHA...backpedling quicker than Peter Costello...!!!

Crap still stinks, no matter who baked it.

Shaun
13th September 2006, 08:03 PM
As much as i think we would like it to happen i have a feeling the price may somewhat kill the idea. Could this be though that Holden may bring it in under the corsa name this time and leave the Barina Badge with the current Daewoo Product??

MatsHolden
13th September 2006, 08:42 PM
As much as i think we would like it to happen i have a feeling the price may somewhat kill the idea. Could this be though that Holden may bring it in under the corsa name this time and leave the Barina Badge with the current Daewoo Product??

Don't think they would continue to sell the Daewoo product along side the Corsa. But whether they'd badge the Corsa as a Barina... who knows.

PaulyJ
13th September 2006, 10:27 PM
Mat, dont freakin tease me!

Corsa
13th September 2006, 10:58 PM
Could this be though that Holden may bring it in under the corsa name this time and leave the Barina Badge with the current Daewoo Product??

I can't see holden using the Corsa name considering the previous instances where it has appeared on other Australian GM products.
Corsa

PaulyJ
13th September 2006, 11:02 PM
Honestly, Corsa sounds so much better than Barina.
Barina already has a image of being girlie, whatever.
Corsa would be new, and I think would be better for Holden.

MatsHolden
13th September 2006, 11:05 PM
I can't see holden using the Corsa name considering the previous instances where it has appeared on other Australian GM products.
Corsa

Don't think Holden could give a toss about Corsa Special Vehicles.

pred8r
14th September 2006, 10:01 AM
I agree, they didnt with the one tonner (one tonner company used to convert commy utes to them)

maybe its a viva replacement, extra couple of $k more than the base daewoo (oops, Barina)

MK
14th September 2006, 02:32 PM
i would definiately consider the Corsa if it was released back in Australia, definiately would go for the SRi version...

rjastra
14th September 2006, 03:09 PM
I am not sure you read the same article....

The first one seems to suggest that the Corsa has been ruled out on costs at a high level. And as another possible solution was a reengineer of the current chassis rails to improve its offset impact score.

The second is a "wish list" from the editor.

MatsHolden
14th September 2006, 06:31 PM
I didn't say it was definate, just that Holden were looking at it. Better than nothing.

Shaun
15th September 2006, 01:55 AM
Corsa

I dont believe Holden would be conserned. As the name is Registered to The GM Brand. Not Just Holden. I personally think its time Holden Drop the Barina Name and start with a Fresh Image for there small car. Maybe Aim it at those that would consider the 206 Peugeot . Maybe the Barina can stay with the Current range and the Corsa could sit in there at the $20,000.

Shaun
15th September 2006, 02:07 AM
I am not sure you read the same article....

The first one seems to suggest that the Corsa has been ruled out on costs at a high level. And as another possible solution was a reengineer of the current chassis rails to improve its offset impact score.

The second is a "wish list" from the editor.

I dont think you read the article to closely. My Interpretation of the article is that Holden Managing director Denny Mooney has giving the go ahead for a Feasibility study of if its viable to bring the Opel Sources Corsa in as a Barina.

If you look closely at what Denny Mooney says it reads as what he has seen in the European models are going to be pricey to bring to australia. Which we all know already.
It also reads that that Denny Mooney has asked GM in the USA to look at changing the design of the Chassis rails But GM said no. As the next Generation Barina is development. Which makes a lot of sence that you wouldnt spend millions of dollars in changing something on the out going model.

Personally i think the New Opel Corsa wont see the shore's of Australia. I could be wrong but i think the cost will kill the car.
I hope not though as i think the new Corsa is a very nice looking car and is leaps and bounds ahead of the last Opel Sourced Barina. Sorry guys that have them . I think the last model looked out dated .

EL BURITO
15th September 2006, 02:10 AM
I dont believe Holden would be conserned. As the name is Registered to The GM Brand. Not Just Holden. I personally think its time Holden Drop the Barina Name and start with a Fresh Image for there small car. Maybe Aim it at those that would consider the 206 Peugeot . Maybe the Barina can stay with the Current range and the Corsa could sit in there at the $20,000.
that would probly work with the way things currantly are

corsa2nv
15th September 2006, 04:12 PM
omg omg lol if there bringing the corsa VXR, im getting a loan the first day it comes out :0
also im pretty sure everyone who has bought the daweoo barina would be spewing if they actually brang out the corsa d, guessing there resale value would drop quite significantly

Red AH SRI T
15th September 2006, 04:14 PM
Can i sell u ur next Corsa too? :p

rjastra
15th September 2006, 04:41 PM
would be spewing if they actually brang out the corsa d, guessing there resale value would drop quite significantly

why? they bought a car at a cheap price ($13500). They probably wouldn't buy a "Corsa" if it cost, lets say, $17,990 or there abouts.

As has been said before. Holden are here to sell cars, not placate a few people on a forum.
Now, exactly what Corsa would they import? I can't see a version with an engine bigger than 1.4L. That wont cut it in this market.

corsa2nv
15th September 2006, 04:54 PM
Can i sell u ur next Corsa too? :p

LMAO after i left the post i was gona say, i'd get you to sell it :), Of course i'd get it off you :p

pred8r
16th September 2006, 07:16 AM
I think the last model looked out dated .

It is/was 6 years old, Australias model runs seem to turn over quicker than the euro ones.

Miyagi
16th September 2006, 08:55 PM
Really does look fantastic imo. The market is growing larger by the day and I think Holden could slot the Corsa range into their current lineup with very few gliches.

They'd be able to upsell any mug away from the Barina to the Corsa pretty easily.

:cool:

EL BURITO
17th September 2006, 12:49 AM
Now, exactly what Corsa would they import? I can't see a version with an engine bigger than 1.4L. That wont cut it in this market.

Well the C sold alright then again it was at a lower price to wat the D would have to be sold at the make a profit. yet wats a pergot worth in a simerlar spec ? and i recon the 1.4 the VXR and 1.7 CDTi would all sell

Corsa
17th September 2006, 01:05 AM
I dont believe Holden would be conserned. As the name is Registered to The GM Brand. Not Just Holden.

I think you may have missed what i was getting at with this one. Remember a company called CSV, they would have been in serious trouble if Holden had the name registered. You may find that some other company had the rights to it.
Corsa

tim_
17th September 2006, 06:00 AM
I reckon they should do a Honda style thing, and go for the Barina Euro, but tbh, I don't think it's an overly attractive car, I thought the new Corsa looked like this:

http://www.avto-opel.ru/corsa06.files/pic01_big.jpg ...which is much more attractive!

Red AH SRI T
17th September 2006, 08:27 AM
that was a very early chop of the car based on the Corsa C.

tim_
17th September 2006, 10:35 AM
ohhhh. i think the new one just looks like a sexed up Honda Jazz.

180HOA
17th September 2006, 11:44 AM
I think you may have missed what i was getting at with this one. Remember a company called CSV, they would have been in serious trouble if Holden had the name registered. You may find that some other company had the rights to it.
Corsa

Yep. It's the same reason the current Jeep Cherokee is still called the Cherokee here, when it's now called the Liberty in other countries. Subaru wouldn't have a bar of it here (the Subaru Liberty is called the Legacy in other markets).

Also the same reason the Hyundia Elantra was called the Lantra in Oz for many years - apparently Mitsubishi thought Elantra was too close to Elante, which was a model in the Magna range many years ago...

oneightoo
17th September 2006, 04:12 PM
lol what about the mitsu delica

pred8r
17th September 2006, 04:16 PM
At least we dont have a similarity for the way the US names its stuff, or we'd be driving a Holden Witchety-grub or a Ford Uluru

oneightoo
17th September 2006, 04:19 PM
lol a holden koala

Red AH SRI T
18th September 2006, 07:47 AM
The Liberty isn't called Legacy out of respect for our diggers

MK
24th September 2006, 09:30 AM
and here is the Opel Corsa Van...Not Combo

http://www.motogazeta.mojeauto.pl/cms/?id=38229

click on the pictures for enlargement.