PDA

View Full Version : Opel Accessories

99Astra
12th September 2006, 07:24 PM
Hey everyone

Mainly south aussies because i need your help.

Where can i buy opel or vauxhall accessories floor mats etc.

thanks

missxc
12th September 2006, 08:50 PM
Hey everyone

Mainly south aussies because i need your help.

Where can i buy opel or vauxhall accessories floor mats etc.

thanks

Hey,
The only places I know are Emtech and Car Toys. I have only been looking around for badges and they both sell them. I know that Car Toys import alot of their stuff from Europe. So they are probably the people to speak to. They are @: 285-295 Port Rd, Hindmarsh. Ph. 8346 2555

99Astra
12th September 2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the info

where abouts are u from?

how much were the badges?

missxc
12th September 2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the info

where abouts are u from?

how much were the badges?

Im from Gawler, I haven't had a chance to go down there to have a look(the guy wouldn't give me a price over the phone) but when I rang emtech after a front grille badge they said its $210 for a whole new front grille so im guessing they dont sell the badges seperately.
Hopefully I'll get down to Car Toys on the weekend. It's a fair drive for me.

imay
12th September 2006, 09:46 PM
Local = mucho dollero (generally, but not always).

Do some serious searches and see the prices (don't forget to add postage) that gear is available from the overseas (European/UK) sellers before buying local. You will find that there are suppliers mentioned on here previously that will look after you and give you good service, just check with others on here before buying if you want.
eBay is always a good starting point. Do a worldwide search for sellers willing to post to Australia, then use an internet currency exchange site (www.xe.com) to check the real costs involved.
Buy direct from suppliers like www.lmfvauxhall.com; www.irmscher-bits.com; www.redgriffin.co.uk

Good luck.

EL BURITO
13th September 2006, 02:00 AM
There are some Irmy mats that pop up on Ebay regulary.

dustbug
13th September 2006, 05:57 PM
There are some Irmy mats that pop up on Ebay regulary.

Not regulary,

CONSTANTLY! they are always there

nadg63
14th September 2006, 12:23 AM
Im from Gawler, I haven't had a chance to go down there to have a look(the guy wouldn't give me a price over the phone) but when I rang emtech after a front grille badge they said its $210 for a whole new front grille so im guessing they dont sell the badges seperately.
Hopefully I'll get down to Car Toys on the weekend. It's a fair drive for me.

Emtech charge you $210 for something that in the UK is around 25 UK pounds - approx $63! It weighs nothing so even including postage it comes to no where near that price in total!

missxc
14th September 2006, 09:43 AM
Emtech charge you $210 for something that in the UK is around 25 UK pounds - approx $63! It weighs nothing so even including postage it comes to no where near that price in total!

OOps, I actually mean $120. And if I buy it from them, I don't have to worry about it getting lost in the post, damaged and being scammed by someone on ebay (which has happened to me before and lost $300). So, I would rather pay that little extra and have it as soon as I pay for it.

Clint
17th September 2006, 09:16 PM
ebay offers insurance for up to $400 for free. so if you dont recieve goods or something they wil refund you up to $400 of the cost

missxc
17th September 2006, 09:38 PM
Have you ever tried getting you money back from something you have bought on ebay? It took about 6 months to get my money back and I didnt even get it all back in the end. Half the reason for it being so hard was the day after i purchased it throught 'buy now' the guy took the auction off so I didn't have any proof of the auction, only bank statements saying I transferred the money. Any how the moral to this story is I don't trust ebay people.:)

imay
18th September 2006, 08:14 AM
Any how the moral to this story is I don't trust ebay people.:)

Understand why you feel that way. However . . . this situation would be an unfortunate, but rare occurrence in consideration of the number of transactions that take place on eBay each and every hour, day, week! There are always going to be crooks out there to take advantage of the innocents (me too!). But, remember, it's not just eBay (internat buying) where people get screwed. That can even happen over the counter at your local auto parts supplier.

My only advice: Check, ask lots of questions, communicate with the buyer before, during and after the sale, ask for more explicit contact details, etc. If they aren't interested in giving you the information you want, move on and find another seller/buyer, or deal with on-line companies who have too much to lose from bad publicity.
We've probably all had bad experiences . . . learn from them, and hope for no repeats.

Wraith
19th September 2006, 01:24 PM
Yeh, well said Ian, I think all of us who've done major mods on our rides with parts from O/S or Ebay have had at least one miss hap, but sticking to reputable suppliers and getting as much info as possible from them "first" before the purchase is the way to go.

missxc
19th September 2006, 07:00 PM
Haha what ever you reakon. If you pay for an item and then it gets taken off you cant leave feedback. The seller did have 98% positive and i read almost all of his feedback. What about all those people who have been scammed and can't leave feedback.

Each to their own....