PDA

View Full Version : Holden Captiva

Shaun
12th September 2006, 07:10 PM
Just looking on the Holden Web site and notice that the New Holden Captiva has a Very Opel looking dash.

Is it Built By Opel or Daewoo ??

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=30006

Red AH SRI T
12th September 2006, 08:17 PM
The Captiva SX, CX and LX are the Aussie versions of the Chevrolet Captiva/Daewoo Winstorm.

The Holden Captiva MaXX is the Holden badged version of the Opel/Vauxhall Antara.

Underneath both cars are they same, they are built in the same factory, however the Antara/MaXX is built with Opel designed body panels and interior.

Have seen the Captiva and it looks H O T, esecially in black in LX Spec, haven't seen a MaXX yet and would be interested in how this looks, especially since it has the fantastic Opel interior

Shaun
12th September 2006, 09:05 PM
The Captiva SX, CX and LX are the Aussie versions of the Chevrolet Captiva/Daewoo Winstorm.

The Holden Captiva MaXX is the Holden badged version of the Opel/Vauxhall Antara.

Underneath both cars are they same, they are built in the same factory, however the Antara/MaXX is built with Opel designed body panels and interior.

Have seen the Captiva and it looks H O T, esecially in black in LX Spec, haven't seen a MaXX yet and would be interested in how this looks, especially since it has the fantastic Opel interior

i Dont mind it either... Wish they all came with an Opel / Vauxhall Interior.

xplosv57
13th September 2006, 07:27 PM
I just got the pics for the Opel version and it looks ok, i actually prefer the look of the captiva but the interior is much more impressive in the opel version!! Oddly enough the Opel version is 2kW less than the other daewoo sourced models even though its the same motor hmmm.....!!

Here is the article i was given
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/009A25A10CC69F7ACA2571E70005BB8B

Don
14th September 2006, 07:58 AM
I just got the pics for the Opel version and it looks ok, i actually prefer the look of the captiva but the interior is much more impressive in the opel version!! Oddly enough the Opel version is 2kW less than the other daewoo sourced models even though its the same motor hmmm.....!!

Here is the article i was given
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/009A25A10CC69F7ACA2571E70005BB8B
Korean engine power is smaller?? Note that at the beginning of this year the US federal government under pressure from GM and Ford ordered that all horsepower figures quoted in advertising material in the US was to be to the SAE standard. This meant that Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and Mazda saw a reduction in advertised figures. There was however a backhand for GM who were advertising two different vehicles with the same engine. One vehicle was a standard vehicle with (low power output) and the other was the 'sporting version' with 40bhp more and sold for a premium price. It turned out there was no difference between the engines so the standard version had to be advertised at the higher figure.

Red AH SRI T
14th September 2006, 08:35 AM
They both have the 3.2 Alloytec engine in them with the same specs, however the Antara/MaXX has a slightly different exhaust i believe, thus the difference in power.

And who will notice the 2kw difference when driving?

NOBODY!!!

GreyRex
14th September 2006, 08:43 AM
For me, the Captiva is not good enough. I have been in the top model (daewoo type one) in an ESP crash avoidance test. That one was sort of ok, but it just looks obvious that it is cheap. I have also driven the base version in trying conditions and it feels gutless, even cheaper. Theres holes and empty buttons on the dash where you miss out on things in other models. Now im not the type of customer who would buy this sort of thing, but it just seems a little of a disappointment compared to what it could have been. Maybe i should concentrate more on the fact that its going to be fairly cheap

RudeOne
14th September 2006, 12:46 PM
Its not cheap enough - there are better value SUV's on the market