PDA

View Full Version : Front Grill

missxc
11th September 2006, 11:15 AM
Hey everyone,
Just a quick question. I want to re-badge my front grill but when I rang around some places for prices they told me I have to buy a whole new front grill, which will cost $235. Is this right? I though that the holden badge would just pull off like the rear one.

mr corsa
11th September 2006, 11:41 AM
contac mr sikma he,s done his i think?

mr_sikma
11th September 2006, 12:33 PM
who did you ring and what part where they going to replace it with?

you have to get the same size opel badge as the holden badge...

to take the holden badge out you have to lft the bonnet and look behind the grille where the badge is. there is a big plastic black mould that the badge is attached too, push that out so you are left with a big hole.

then you sikalfex or similar glue adhesive stuff and still the new badge over the top of the hole. break all the tabs off the badge aswell so the badge is smooth.

its a bit dodgy but mine looks fine and it saves you $200-

Gildo
11th September 2006, 04:34 PM
mine cost $180 including postage...(this included rear flash and wording - opel / corsa )
this was when slim craig was working though ....

missxc
12th September 2006, 08:38 PM
One more thing....
I got a quote today on getting my car colour coded. I almost had a heart attack. The quote was for colour code and to have my rear holden badge taken off and the holes filled. So the price they gave me was $1,700... Does this sound normal or a bit high. I thought it might be around $400-$500 but not $1,700....

EL BURITO
13th September 2006, 02:12 AM
thats very high. my quote for CC was $350 And y fill the holes just replace the badge

missxc
13th September 2006, 04:20 PM
thats very high. my quote for CC was $350 And y fill the holes just replace the badge
I am jus worried about people pinching the badges and wrecking my paint.

Vampire
13th September 2006, 04:35 PM
I am jus worried about people pinching the badges and wrecking my paint.

Dont we all :(

EL BURITO
13th September 2006, 04:38 PM
same risk as modding your car in any way. stands out. then again is a C and ppl dont take to much notice if our cars any way

caspers turbo
13th September 2006, 05:45 PM
id keep shopping around that price for cc is crazy, follow this link for a group buy on the badges, if they are coming from the UK you can probably get the whole grill for about $100-$150, http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9792&page=7

Hope that helps, oh and welcome to the club, good to see another Adelaideian

missxc
13th September 2006, 09:54 PM
yeh $150 is the price i was quoted for the grill from a place here in adel. I will keep looking around for prices on colour code cause if its gonna cost me a couple of grand....it can wait.