PDA

View Full Version : Fulda Tyres

Vectracious
8th September 2006, 09:34 AM
Anyone heard anything about them?

Apparantly a division of Goodyear Germany.

They are about the same price as an equivalent Yokohama A-Drive.

Guy at the local Bob-Janes did talk them up, but have dealt with this particular store in the past and they are excellent.

JohnBu
8th September 2006, 01:39 PM
havent heard too much things about them, pretty budget tyre,

where is it made?

what car is it for?

price is approx?

Vectracious
8th September 2006, 02:32 PM
Made in Germany apparantly

For the Astra - am thinking of getting 16's for it so 205/50 R16's

$195 each.

InsaneAsylum
8th September 2006, 03:37 PM
does your wife know that you're modifying her car?

tsk tsk :D

Vectracious
8th September 2006, 04:34 PM

ummm, kind of, but not really..... :D

Lt Ketch
8th September 2006, 04:38 PM

ummm, kind of, but not really..... :D

I find it best just to not say anything :) they never notice!!!!!!

JohnBu
8th September 2006, 05:18 PM
Made in Germany apparantly

For the Astra - am thinking of getting 16's for it so 205/50 R16's

$195 each.

gee thats pretty pricey for a $195 you'll prob find a tyre that has won Wheels/Motor tyre reviews at a lower price.

i paid $195 for my Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 fitted/balanced in 215/40/17s, good value, Dunlop Sports Maxxs are about $30 dearer in my sizes.. both have won a few tyre shoot reviews

so in 16inch they should be cheaper than $195.

no saying they are a bad tyre, but you're spending alot to find out if they are a good tyre.

Poogene2001
8th September 2006, 06:14 PM
BJ like to push FULDA cos they have some crazy profit margins.
I work at LeasePlan and we deal with thousands of tyre orders a day, but we dont approve Fulda, on the basis that they are not widely available (if u have a blow out in the middle of no-where u'd have to put some other brand on your car, and mixing treads on the same axle is not advisable).
Sadly the original equipment tyres fitted to 16" astras are bloody expensive. $250 retail for the ER300's on my CDX. I would be curious how fulda, or sava, or maxis (ie non big brand) tyres compared.

DirtyHarry
9th September 2006, 01:14 PM
mate i bought a set of 205/50R16 for my astra ts. they were the toyo proxes 4. 15,000 later and they still look good. i think i should get around to 50,000km out of them. and for the set of 4 i paid $650 i think. around $160 each.

ope126
9th September 2006, 02:53 PM
Ive got some! :D

ope126
9th September 2006, 02:54 PM
I have Fulda Exelero 205/205ZR16 87W on my 12/2003 Holden Astra CDX &
Fulda Exelero 225/45ZR17 91Y on my 09/2003 Holden Vectra CDXi.

The tyres are excellent! :D
Made in Germany! :D (printed on the sidewall)
And are not "Budget" Tyres, however they are sold at a reasonable price.

I feel that they are a very good all round tyre. Just my 2 cents!!! :)

www.fulda.com
www.fulda.co.uk

entice
9th September 2006, 04:02 PM
:) I have a set of er300's on the 16" AH CDX rims if someone's interested.. delivery km's only! :)

But I digress.

Regarding teh Q'n on the Sava's.

I have a set of Intensa's fitted to a 14" rim on my Fiat 124CC. They apparently are their performance tyre. 195 65 or something like that. Stiffer sidewall, but that's comparing them to the oversized 205/13's I had fitted to a 5inch rim (Yoko A509's). But in terms of grip? terrible.

The factory dunlops fitted to the 16" Astra G's (not sure what they are, but maybe dunlob sport SP 300/3000i?) are also very very terrible. When I had them aligned on the wife's car the alignment bloke couldnt stop telling me how many of them he had seen with cracking in the rubber on the inner walls... dunno why, but the rubber seems to be very "Dry".

Me? I'd stick to Bridgies, Conti's, and Mitchie's.. have learnt my lesson with the cheaper alternatives, and with the lesser know alternatives (ie, Sava), and with Dunlop (the 3000i, and the W1's I use to have on a cordia just didnt last too long at all!)

platypus
10th September 2006, 09:22 AM
as to the Fuldas i know they are distributed by netta - the same company that does silverstone... they are up here on northside. be worth chatting with the distributor for a good company

just looking at the patterns and the attiro doesn't look too bad - the others would be pretty quiet though! (just no water clearing ability)

Vectracious
12th September 2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Still trying to do the sums as to whether I should spend the money on getting the 16's for the Astra - plus trying to get a straight answer out of the wife as to how long she wants to keep the car for - no point in shelling out for brand new tyres and rims now if she wants to get rid of it next year....