PDA

View Full Version : Mazda performace day

gaero
6th September 2006, 10:28 PM
Did anyone else get an invite to a track day with Mazda?

They say I will test drive their RX8, MPS 6, MX5 and MPS 3!!! at oran park and then as an added bonus Dic Johnson will be take us out on a lap in the MPS 3 (i'm expecting some white knuckle action)

I'm looking forward to seeing how the 3 handles with all that power under the hood

PaulyJ
6th September 2006, 10:31 PM
How'd you get that invite?

platypus
7th September 2006, 12:27 AM
expressed interest through mazda in the MPS3

i got that invite up here too for oran park... stuff that....

btm
7th September 2006, 09:40 AM
is Dic promoting Mazda these days :confused:

SSS_Hoon
7th September 2006, 09:59 AM
yeah or you entered online doing a survey too i think.

i wish i got that invite.

SSS_Hoon

Wattie
7th September 2006, 11:37 AM
weird, you'd think Dic would be promoting the XR5, seeings how fords are all he does things to...

SRi_Jimbo
7th September 2006, 11:44 AM
They probably got Dic because Mazda don't really have any real track presence around the world, except for maybe in drift comps...and there aren't too many people that would be familiar with the major players in the drift scene compared to say the V8 Supercar series.

But if i got invited to that track day i would definitly turn up!!!

Shaun
7th September 2006, 12:27 PM
Romour has it DJR could deflect to Holden Next year. Yeah i know that sounds strange but its to do with the level of support they get from Ford Motorsport. I believe there support is as strong as SBR have and others. I read an article about it in one of the Motorsport Mags about 7 months ago.

Also its not that wierd Johnson is working with Mazda. Think back to the 24 hour Bathurst races in the 90's where Johnson ran with the Mazda RX7.

Johnson has been Involved with Mazda in the past. And Ford own's Mazda Worldwide too.

I wish i had scored a test drive....

Wraith
7th September 2006, 01:34 PM
Well done, let us all know what the MPS 3 goes like ....

Alfonzo
7th September 2006, 03:58 PM
Romour has it DJR could deflect to Holden Next year.Didn't his motorsport career start in a Holden Torana?

vectraguy01
7th September 2006, 08:27 PM
dame i wish i have an invite, i have applied for mags for the mps and everything did the surveys, and test drove 2 of the 3 mps, i guess i am gunna have to have another test drive this wkend and scare the sales rep, hehehe

gaero
8th September 2006, 08:35 AM
I think I just got lucky, registered my interest a while back when I was seriously considering a new car but put that off now the market is kinda flooded with hot hatchs, so I'm waiting for some good deals. Hopefully the rain stays away.