PDA

View Full Version : Connecting IPOD

gemstar_007
4th September 2006, 09:30 AM
Hey, ive herd that there is a cable / cord under the carpet somewhere where u can connect ipods etc.. theres one im my brothers vectra.. but not sure if theres any in the astras had anyone found it? i had a look but couldnt find much.
just curious...
i thought the only way you could connect them was to get the actual headunit with ipod connection
any info would be great thanks guys

gem :D

Shaun
4th September 2006, 10:16 AM
You can by a FM Tuner Gem. I use one in my Astra.

Charlatan
4th September 2006, 10:09 PM
I just picked this unit up on the weekend. Works well and sits nicely. Took a whole lot of fiddling to get into that position though, the damn thing has about 5 joints.

It takes power from the cig lighter and charges the ipod too. $100.

mr_sikma
5th September 2006, 12:31 PM
so that above is just a charger? or does it play it thru a set fm station aswell?

btm
5th September 2006, 12:36 PM
so that above is just a charger? or does it play it thru a set fm station aswell?
i believe its an iTravel also (transmits to radio station)

gemstar_007
5th September 2006, 03:08 PM
thanks guys for your help
ive just been informed that you can piggy back the hands free phone cable... just need the connector
or even better... just get a dvd player and burn the misic to dvds.. haha :D

oneightoo
5th September 2006, 03:11 PM
... just get a dvd player and burn the misic to dvds.. haha :D

thats what i do :D

Kippa-Dee
5th September 2006, 04:14 PM
There's a number of nice iPod line-out connectors available on eBay. I could sell you mine, if you like. Got dual connections, one to power, one to mini jack stereo. Connect/disconnect at will.

Works a treat... It runs a lineout, unamplified signal. Just need a line-in your stereo, and run dual RCA to minijack. A number of reviews were performed on the iPod, and it was found that iPod's put out BETTER frequency response and sound quality than a CD does.
Go figure.

JR
5th September 2006, 04:35 PM
An iTrip is the way to go - connects to ur iPod.
simply pick an unused radio frequency, n tune ur car car radio to the same frequency, and voila :)
have done it heaps of times - no problemo